Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Decking the Halls


Welcome for the Holidays.......


Oh, yes I've been decking the halls last week and it's finally feeling festive around our house. The Welcome Christmas wreath on the front door beckons us inside.
I talked Peter into helping me put up some lighted garland around the door and on the railings this year and I really like it. I think this will be a new tradition for us.
Enter the frontdoor and the foyer table dressed in all the Christmas finery greets you, full of natural elements and a few sparkly wonders. This year, I went with more natural colors of bronze & browns in certain spots. Decided to use some items that are in other rooms of the house, as well as keeping my lady statue & adorning her with a shiny bronze bow. Come on in!

My iron birds and Welcome rock still feel at home during this season. I added lots of pinecones and acorns in lots of spots too for a more woodsy feel this year.
Some fresh cut greenery help to bring in more of the outdoors.
Sparkly netting adds to the Holiday vignette of a natural garden scene. I found these large balls at Hobby Lobby and saved them away just for Christmas. They weren't sold as Christmas items last year, but I saw the potential in them & filed that idea away.
A mossy topiary fits right in too, as well as the large footed pedestal with moss and the large glass orbs with shimmery ribbon. This is one of my yardsale finds from over the summer...a leaf shaped plate with acorns on the handle. I knew it would be a good thing to use this year in one of my vignettes.

Enjoy! I'll be showing other areas in my next post, so stay tuned. Hope you are decking your halls too! I hope to get by & visit many of you too, I love to see what other people do for Christmas.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

40 friends stopped by:

Steph said...

Beautiful! I am just starting to decorate my house! I'll be posting my decorations in a week or so!

Rosie's Whimsy said...

So lovely. I truly enjoy seeing the little birds tucked here and there.

Fran said...

Everything is just beautiful as I knew it would be!

Fran

Free Art Printables said...

Very pretty. I love the natural elements!

Little House By The Sea said...

I have just come across your blog, your home looks beautiful all dressed up for christmas.

Sarah x

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Oh, Rhoda! It's all so pretty!

Tracey said...

I love it! I can't wait to see the rest of the house! You MUST participate in Boomama's Christmas Tour!

Start that decorating business! You would be awesome!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Rhoda~
You have such a touch! A decorating business would be a great idea... it could give you a reason to shop and work from home.

Happy Holidays!

Maureen said...

Ah Rho, you're definitely taking a lean towards more garden elements! I always love a mix of glitz and garden! Looking fab! Can't wait to see more! Be sure to check out the holiday tour pix that I added!

Unknown said...

It looks like you have masterfully put together some eye-popping vignettes! I love the color combos!

Blessings, KJ

Carrie said...

Love.y, lovely. Thanks for sharing your holiday home.

Rosemary said...

It looks beautiful Rhoda!! Just the way I knew it would look.
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Rhoda - everything is beautiful! So pretty - you've been working hard! I loved seeing your Christmas decor!!
xo,
Kim

PAT said...

I love these coppery colors Rhoda. I've seen them quite a bit this year.

I can't wait to see more of your home! It's all beautiful!

Pat

Debra from Bungalow said...

Love those natural elements! Can't wait to see more.
Hugs, DebraK

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

I'm lovin' it! I am getting such a kick out of visiting everyone and seeing their Christmas decorations. I'm taking home tours without ever leaving my chair. lol
Merry Christmas!
Kari

Lamp Tramp said...

So beautiful as I knew it would be.
Keep on decorating.

tammi said...

Oh, Rhoda, that's just all so beautiful! With two little kids, I can hardly keep ornaments on the tree, let alone placing more decorations around the house!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

It's looking good! I love the colors you're using. I finally finished with the outside decorating LOL!

Manuela

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see the decorations.....I too am getting things done, although not as many decorations as I usually do...we'll be away for the Holiday......heading to warm weather for a change.

Thanks for sharing Rhoda,
Kathy :)

Sue said...

Rhoda,
Everything looks just lovely. I really like all the calm natural things that you used to decorate.
Sue

Tonja said...

It all looks so festive and inviting! I love creating little vignettes around the house. It's neat how things not intended as Christmas decor can fit right in and look just right.

Was so nice meeting face to face, hope we can do it again soon!

Southern Heart said...

Everything looks beautiful, Rhoda! I'm really liking the natural elements of bronze and brown...very pretty!

Mary said...

Love the natural elements Rhoda - all looks so elegant.
Yes, I'm decking the halls too - such a great time of year.

savvycityfarmer said...

I think I'll stay a while....


for my 200th post (really soon) I am posting pics of Christmas around this old farmhouse.


thanks for inviting all of us in...

Nunnie's Attic said...

Your home is so lovely on any given day, Rhoda that I knew it would be stunning at Christmas.

I'm holding off until Karla's party on the 12 to show any pictures. But I can guarantee they come no where near the level of beauty you have exemplified in your decorations.

Love,
Julie

Cherdecor said...

I love the natural element in your decorating for Christmas. Thanks for sharing.

Sandi McBride said...

How beautifully you have decorated but that's no surprise...you do it all well!

Essential Oil Premier University said...

As always Rhoda, beautiful decorating!!

Blessings,

Sher

Mary said...

Oh Rhoda, so pretty! The lighted garland looks wonderful at your front door, and I love your "natural" decorations on the hall table. Can't wait to see more...
xoxo,
Mary

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

if i can just muster the strength to decorate for the holidays...love your ideas ...they may inspire me to get miving...blessings, rebecca

Kitty Forseth said...

How lovely! I followed you here from Sandra Everston's blog, what fun!

Thank you for sharing the pictures of your beautiful Christmas decor!

Anonymous said...

Rhodie, I just had to stop by and say how beautiful your holiday decorations are. Love, love, love the natural elements in your foyer, you have such a way with everything. (this is my first comment here, and I will be back!)

ohiofarmgirl said...

I really love the lights around your door...how spectacular! Dianntha

xx said...

Your Christmas decorating is lovely. Very warm and inviting...beautiful colors for the season. So glad I happened upon your blog - it's wonderful :~)

Kissing of the Frogs said...

Rhonda,
BEAUTIFUL.
Nuff said.
Rose

Nadine said...

It looks very lovely. The lights around the door and railing are amazing.

Justabeachkat said...

Oh...so beautiful! Doesn't it make you feel good to stand back and see what you've accomplished?!

Hugs!
Kat

Tracey said...

a little birdie told me it was your birthday! Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

LivingTheLife said...

Is your big day...today...Dec. 6th?
Well...I've gotten word that it is...so "Happy, Happy Birthday...Rhoda...I hope you have wonderful plains to celebrate that 30 something birthay again....

And I wanted to mention how wonderful your Christmas decorations look...I love the bronzey/coppery accents and ribbon this year...along with a vintage green color...going to use those on some packages in white...and some in brown paper sack paper...I love that with the bronze...and it looks good with cream/gold, too.


Blessings...
Teresa