Sunday, December 2, 2007

Hubby's New Office

OK, time for the big unveiling. Hope you're not expecting too much! It's as done as it's going to get for now. Peter is happy with it, so I'm happy with it. Now, he has a space where he can really spread out & work AND he has a TV in there too, so he can stay caught up on all the financial news. All the furniture pieces came together really well & I do like how it came out. It's nothing fancy, but is a very workable office now. You can see the $1.00 window treatment that I found. It's a large valance and I made it work with rings. Found that rod last year for $5 at a yardsale, so I was set & only had to buy brackets & rings. This first pic is probably the truest colorwise on the paint. Paint color is Magellan by Kilz (from Walmart). He loves deep blue.

The TV cabinet really looks so much better painted chocolate brown. I painted the hardware on this piece too with the Sophisticated Finishes. For a quick peek back to the before on these pieces, click here. My hubby already had these 2 white lamps and they work well in here too. Like I said, this is not a fancy office, but it works well for him.
Closeup of the window treatment. I don't absolutely love it, but for the price, it will do just fine for now, since it was only $1.00. At least it adds some fabric to the window.It's a large valance and I made it work with rings. Found that rod last year for $5 at a yardsale, so I was set & only had to buy brackets & rings.
I gave you a sneak peek of the bookcase already & it really did get a huge improvement with paint & moldings. I found that cute Alabama Bear Bryant tray from Ebay. That's my first Alabama football memorabilia that I've found so far. I'll need a few more things for the walls, but will take my time finding them. I'm happy it is finished this far.
And the old desk will serve as a credenza. Told you he doesn't mind clutter, so you are seeing it as it is...mess and all. He doesn't want me messin' with his office!
I put this extra chair in here & used some leftover paisley fabric from the master bedroom. It works well in here too is a good complement to the stripe on the window treatment.

Hope you enjoyed the make-over. I'm glad it is DONE! My hubby is really enjoying his new office space and loves having the TV in there. Check out the post below for the weekend of fun with the "B" girls that I told you about last week. We had a lot of fun!


Peggy, if you come back & see this, email me & I will be glad to show you how to change your background. I don't see a blog link or email for you on your profile.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

26 friends stopped by:

Unknown said...

The office looks great! I used to have a room similar to that color and it was very nice. My nephew is going to be painting all of my upstairs within the next few months. I told him to take his time. I used to do all the painting but just can't anymore. But can't wait for a fresh look.

Nunnie's Attic said...

It came out GREAT, Rhoda! Very masculine but with a feminine touch here and there. It's really perfect for a guy.

And I love the candy cane background, btw!!

Love,
Julie

Free Art Printables said...

The office looks awesome! What a great job. I see other people are admiring your backgrounds.... ;)
Jen R

Julie L. Light said...

THe office looks fabulous! I love the blue..it's not too dark and not too light...very elegant. I love to visit your blog because you are a "bargain shopper" and I love a good bargain:-)
Julie

Rosemary said...

Rhoda it looks great!! You are a clever girl!
I would like to know how to change my background as well. I would also like to know how to do the signature again.
Thanks,
Rosemary

Lana Manis said...

It looks wonderful Rhoda! You did a great job in decorating, as you always do.

Maureen said...

Looks like I've missed a few posts! Going to catch up here, but wanted to say how great this turned out! I can still picture your hubby sitting there in an easy chair in your Master Bedroom with the laptop propped in his lap when I visited you and got the grand tour! I hope he enjoys his new space. My DH really works in his too and it's often in disarray! I have an idea for you- will email you!

Maureen said...

(PS- Why can't I see the candy canes? )

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...I bet he's thrilled. Great job. Love the wall color.

Hugs!
Kat

It's a Mom Thing said...

I think it turned out great. You did a fantastic job refurbishing the furniture pieces. And I like that it is a bit cluttered...it actually looks like an office that someone uses. Most of our offices look the same.

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

great job...love the wall color...please tell us all how to change background...blessings, rebecca

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Rhoda, you did an absolutely great job on creating a workable home office for your husband. On a budget too, so it didn't break the bank! My husband doesn't like me to touch his office either. . . although I can't image I'd make more of a mess of it than he does. . . but somehow, amazingly, he always knows just where everything is. . . he calls this "organized mess!"

Blessings,

Sher

Mary said...

Oh, that looks great! I love that color -- so rich. And I think the window treatment looks fabulous. Love the desk as a credenza, too! Beautiful!
xoxo,
Mary

Unknown said...

I love the blue. It looks lovely in there.

A question for you... The window treatment where you used rings. Did the treatment need drapery hooks? I am asking because I have window treatments that need drapery hooks, but I don't want to use them. Could I substitute rings instead?

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Rhoda, it came out really great! I love the chocolate brown of the tv cabinet against that blue. You did such a good job finding wonderful pieces yardsailing!

I can't see your background! I've never been able to see the leopard one either!

Manuela

hogan said...

Fabulous job - love that color blue!!
Mary

Sandi McBride said...

Lovely. But never expected less

Sandra Evertson said...

Love that striped valance!
Sandra Evertson

Kissing of the Frogs said...

Rhoda,
Nice going girl - looks great! That blue is really elegant...and the window covering is so different, but I like it!
Rose

Anonymous said...

OMG the office turned out fabulous! It was a lot of fun to see it all come together and to see all the garage sale pieces transformed :o) Great job girlie!
~Des

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Wow! The office looks wonderful. I love that rich blue color on the walls. What's your next project?
Penny

Unknown said...

Great job! Lovely!

Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

What a great job on that office! My husband likes that same color on his walls, so I've got a deep blue room project in my future!
~Angela :-)

BittersweetPunkin said...

$1 window treatment?? I have to confess...I am getting ready to hang drapes in my living room and as I drive down the road I have been scouring the sides of the road for big tree branches that look 84" or longer...LOL! I am doing a rustic theme and I am too cheap to buy a rod...they are kinda pricey at that length!! The office looks great!!
Blessings,
Robin

Southern Heart said...

You've done a wonderful job with his office, and I can see why he's so pleased! Very put-together while still keeping that masculine touch. :)

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Wow! The office turned out great! I love the blue walls. And all of the furniture pieces work very well together.
Nice job!
Kimberly :)