Friday, December 14, 2007

A Little More Christmas....in the diningroom


(click all pics to enlarge for details)

I took a lot more pics that I wanted to share with all of you, so I'll concentrate on the diningroom in this post. I managed to capture a pretty good shot of the tree without the flash, so you can see how it glitters & shines. I love going around the house & turning on all the lights at night. Really gets me in the Christmas mood!
Here's the sideboard in the diningroom when I started putting it all together. The final result was tweaked a bit from here. I added my yardsale white picture frame in the other shots you'll see. Working with all this white creamware was a lot of fun this year. That's a lighted white & gold wreath on top of the mirror, I've been putting that up for a few years.

My latest yardsale find, this urn was a wonderful holder for the grapevine ball. Found this pretty coppery ribbon last year on clearance from Homegoods. I usually go out after Christmas & add a few little things to my holiday bins for next year & it's so much fun to pull them all out & find those surprises that I've stashed away. Dried hydrangeas from my yard & my mama's came in handy too, adding to the natural decor was going for this year.
Cute little rabbit ornament was a gift in the last couple of years, from a friend who knows about my bunny obsession. Those faux pears were yardsale finds over the summer & they sure look pretty with the Christmas decor too. A tiny JOY hanging pillow is a perfect complement to it all.
Another shot of the sideboard, with moss, pinecones, glitzy grapevine balls & plenty of acorns that I picked up from my yard. We've got some huge oak trees in the backyard that produce some mighty pretty acorns, so I was inspired last year after Christmas to get out there & pick them up. The pinecones all came from the neighborhood woods too (with the exception of those pretty rose pinecones..have you ever seen anything so delicate? Those came from California, we don't have those in the South). I picked up 2 mercury glass candleholders from Tuesday AM when they had them a couple months ago. Love the look of mercury glass & I'd love to find more out there, at a good price of course.
Filled this big glass jar with pinecones & glass balls and added it to the middle of my diningroom table on top of a round silver platter. With a few fresh greens, more acorns, walnuts, pinecones, pretty glass galls and beads, it's an easy centerpiece.
I love these dainty glass balls mixed in with the rustic look of the pinecones & acorns.
Looking up above the table, more fresh greens, sparkly green ribbon & hanging glass ornaments Chandelier sparkles
Another look at the creamware with faux pears & you can see the other shelf with little glass balls & more pinecones.
This silver cream/sugar set came from a yardsale years ago. I didn't even shine it up, but left it tarnished to add to my vignette here on the sideboard. I'm really enjoying the contrast between the glitz & natural this year, shiny ribbon & rustic pinecones & acorns. Here you can see the white wood frame propped up behind everything. That one just came to me & I love it!
Overall shot of the sideboard with everything all spread out.
My 2 shelves of creamware are perfect for adding a little holiday cheer, with something as simple as pinecones and shiny white balls & faux pears added as props. You can see my angel Christmas plate added which was a very recent yardsale find. I'm glad I kept it after all!
Merry Christmas, everyone! Thank you ALL for stopping by once again to see me. I've got a few more Christmas pics that I'll share next week! This has been the busiest Christmas season EVER for us...parties this weekend every night from Thursday to Sunday! Whew! It's nice to have friends though, so we are enjoying it. Last year, we didn't do a thing.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

38 friends stopped by:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Rhoda, it's all just lovely! Your two shelves of creamware look so festive! Love the tarnished cream and sugar set too! Have a fun weekend!

Manuela

Free Art Printables said...

Beautiful! I love your dining room color with the white.
Jen R

Julie said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! I leave the lights on our (artificial) tree all the time...so when I get home (after dark) it is such a beautiful sight.

Sandi McBride said...

Everything looks lovely, as usual. I love the little rabbit ornament...

Anonymous said...

Big hugs and kisses for you! Thank you for the BEAUTIFUL tour of your Christmas decor - just so lovely, so delightful - SO YOU!!!
Love it all Rhoda-girl!

xo,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Rhoda,

Everything looks lovely, nice job and thanks for the tour !!!

I hope you have fun at ALL your parties, it is nice in deed to have friends. We are going to a party tomorrow night. Then it's packing we are headed South this year for XMas....we are so looking forward to that....we just got a foot of snow here yesterday in the NE and more coming this week-end...it will be so nice to get out of Dodge for awhile !!!

Happy Holidays,
Kathy :)

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Rhoda~ where do you find all of those goodies? I swear you are one step ahead of me at Tuesday & TJ's.
Sandi

Southern Heart said...

Rhoda, everything looks so beautiful (and your dining room color coordinates so nicely, too! :) Your house just says "Christmas"! Like a magazine layout...

I hope that you have a fun and festive weekend, my friend!

Love, Andrea

Barbara Jacksier said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty. I love how you added holiday cheer to what you already display. It looks so inviting that way.

Tonja said...

This is as beautiful as the rest of the house. You have really been busy! I am all into the mercury glass now. I bought several pieces while in Birmingham, and I am using it on my mantle this year. It has such a nice feel to it. I also found a few pieces at Tuesday Morning. At our Tue AM here, they have the huge apothacary jars made of mercury glass. I'm tring to keep myself from going and scooping them all up.

PAT said...

It's so beautiful Rhoda. I love how you've used the creamware!

The shot of the tree, gives me a better idea of the layout of your home. For some reason, I was thinking your room was on the opposite side.

It all looks fabulous!
Pat

Linda said...

Everything looks so beautiful.
Blessings,
Linda

Debbie Kay said...

Rhoda:

I absolutely love your style. Thanks for the great ideas? I want to redecorate my entire house after visiting your blog.

Debbie Kay

BittersweetPunkin said...

I really love the natural earthy wood tones and textures that you have,,,very pretty and not garish at all!! Your displays are gorgeous!!
Blessings,
Robin

Kissing of the Frogs said...

Just beautiful - nice job Rhoda - wow!
Rose

Deb said...

Everything looks wonderful dressed for the Holidays Rhoda! Have a fun weekend.

OldBagNewTricks said...

Rhoda, your home is all shiny and sparkly and warm and inviting. Thank you so much for the tour -- Leaving creammer and sugar bowl tarnished was a good call -- they're lovely.

Jenny

Sherry said...

Rhoda, I love how you've done the sideboard and I love the colour of the wall. I have a red wall but white furniture in my dining room. I'm thinking I'll refinish it and do it with cream...what you've done has really inspired me! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Rhoda,
I just love everything you have done. And you really did get a good photo of your tree without the flash. I've been trying but unless you hold real still it looks blurry. Hope you are having a fun weekend!

Gina said...

So inviting!!! You always have such warmth and lovliness. Beautiful.

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Beautiful, as always Rhoda!!

Blessings,

Sher

Terri Steffes said...

Rhoda, that is a lovely dining room! I haven't seen creamware before and I absolutely love it. The color of your room is lovely, too.

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

i give up...you win...i couldn't keep up with you if i wanted to...it is so beutiful...blessings, rebecca

Anonymous said...

Rhoda everything is so lovely - you've given me some great ideas here!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Wow! So many treasures. It's all beautiful.

kari and kijsa said...

How fun...your decorations are just lovely...everything has a wonderful patina and so much texture and color!

Merry Christmas blessings,

kari and kijsa

Rhondi said...

Rhoda. I love what you've done for decorating. The natural cones and greens with the silver looks so good. I love turning off all the lights and just having the Christmas lights on too.

Anonymous said...

HI Rhoda
I just found you. I think this is the first time I have been here but not swearing to it! LOL! It is so easy to get lost in blogland. Your home is absolutely stunning!
Merry Christmas
xoxo
Diane

Dena said...

Rhoda, your decorations are just beautiful. I love everything from the tree to the creamware :)

Hugs,
Dena

Anonymous said...

OMG, Rhoda! You have been busy & your Christmas decor is fabulous! I love seeing your house at Christmas.....You seen to enjoy the season as much as I do! I love your chandelier in the DR, the sideboard & your big tall wonderful tree! It is all just so lovely!

Maureen said...

I'm back for my third look since speaking to you last week, and it gets more gorgeous with each peek! So love the tours you've shared this season. I love the creamware...so pretty with greenery and the naturals! Your house is always one that I look forward to seeing in its holiday finery, and it never disappoints! Next year I am coming over with my camera!;)

Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

It's all so lovely! Your tree is gorgeous and I love all the creamware (one of my favorites!). Keep the pictures coming!
~Angela :-)

CG said...

Everything looks gorgeous! Love the brown colors and your tree is stunning.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I thoroughly enjoyed touring your home, everything is gorgeous!

Our home is on the tour too, I would like to invite you to come over. I'm also sharing my Nativity collection.

Katherine

Southern Heart said...

Rhoda, I wanted to thank you for your sweet post today...I'm enjoying blogging again, too!

xoxox

Dawn-Enigma Artist said...

your decorations are stunning. Thank you for the tour!

Unknown said...

beautiful home!!! the heart shaped wreath is my fave!

Unknown said...

Your home is absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for the tour, I am so glad I stopped by! Merry Christmas!