Monday, December 17, 2007

Merry Christmas from our house to yours.....

Welcome to our home tour for Christmas. BooMama is sponsoring a huge house tour for everyone to share their Christmas decorations, so I'm sharing a few more of mine here, as well as going back to other posts where I've shared too, so hope you enjoy & don't get too tired of seeing it all! If you'd like to see even more Christmas decor, go over to her blog & see all the links. You can OD on Christmas right now!


Fresh greens on the mailbox. I love to find things outside to put together for a mailbox swag. Add a bow & it's done!
The faux frontdoor wreath that I picked up from Target a couple of years ago has a very natural look, so all I did was add a bow to it too. Cause I'm all into natural this year. The sun was coming in the windows so prettily when I took this pic & I love how it looks when you come in our frontdoor.
Closer shot of the natural greens, pinecones & pretty sparkly balls.
Closer look at the Christmas Tree...
And the tree topper, ribbon and feathers.

Sparkly pinecone wreath on the backdoor.
Sideboard in the diningroom.
A cloche covers my yardsale glass pedestal, with some tiny people, trees & faux snow a little vignette is born.
At the top of the stairs, a golden basket holds some fresh greens, pinecones, grapevine ball & shiny Rudolf.
Merry Christmas pillow in the Livingroom.
Pair of gold trees & an angel on the sofa table.
Ballards stockings hang by the fireplace.
Pretty hand blown glass heart. Got this in a gift exchange this year.
As well as the vintage Santa.
White wreaths and bottlebrush trees hang out in the breakfast room window.
Tabletop tree in the kitchen adds a bit of cheer with its shot of lime green & toile ribbon.
More of the mantel and fresh greens.
Draped with ribbons, beads & pretty ornaments.
Simplicity is wonderful.
Again, I love the contrast of fresh & natural with golden & glitzy and I think I always will have to have both! Hope you enjoyed the tour...please scroll down to the very next post for more pics and also go here and here and here to see a few things posted earlier. I think I've shared everything I can possibly share about Christmas now!

Have a great week before Christmas...hope you get all your shopping done & get to relax a little bit this week..although my shopping is not done yet! That's what I plan to do!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

64 friends stopped by:

windycorner said...

What a great look...so festive. Merry Christmas!
Holley

Lolly said...

Your decorations are beautiful. I especially love the tree topper.

Kelly said...

I absolutely LOVE your mantel decor! You are very talented with all of your Christmas decorations. I love the mix of natural materials with the glittered neutral colors. Your stockings from Ballards are so pretty. I might have to get some for me and my husband. I already have some for my kids that came from Ballards this year. They are apple green velvet with green and white check ruffle at the top. I like the ones you have with the polka dots and leopard. Your house is just beautiful! Have a great southern Christmas from one southern gal to another. I live in GA.

Kelly

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Rhoda it is all beeyouteeful but of course it would be !
Your home is always such a treat to see...thanks for sharing and I hope you and yours will have a very cozy and blessed Christmas.

(())
Francie

Hootin Anni said...

I love all the ribbons and beads...it makes it all just------glow!!!

Mine's posted. I have two versions.

A thumbnail short version
and
a
slide show long version.

Michelle said...

LOVED seeing all of your beautiful Christmas decor - everything is so elegant and classy! Enjoy a wonderful day, Rhoda! We got so much snow this weekend that the kids are home from school - so my day isn't gonna be what I originally thought it was! LOL

boomama said...

You should totally have a gift shop, you know. GORGEOUS decorations!

ellen b. said...

What a beautiful tour. I really love your mantle. Blessings...

Sandi McBride said...

There's nothing like the natural scents, either Rhoda...and I've been trying to place the leaves on your mailbox swag...is that Oleander? It looks like it to me, but hard to tell. All is beautiful, but I've come to expect it of you
xo
Sandi

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Everything looks beautiful, Rhoda!Merry Christmas, wishing you lots of relaxing, wonderful times and memory making moments.
xo Lidy

Miss Patti said...

I love to see how different every one decorates

Anonymous said...

I love the glitz and natural too. Every thing looks so pretty! I plan to relax this week. Just some baking to do which is fun. ~ Lynn

Southern Heart said...

Rhoda, everything looks absolutely beautiful! You definitely have the talent, and also make your home so warm and welcoming with so many personal touches! I hope that you have a wonderful and relaxing holiday!!!

Love, Andrea

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

beautiful and elegant!

Jess said...

Wow...truly festive. Love your sweet tabletop tree in the kitchen, too!

Jenni said...

Your home is just so VERY gorgeous and lavish! Thank you for sharing!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Good golly there are a lot of homes on that tour! Love your mantle! Everything looks beautiful!

Manuela

Jennifer said...

Rhoda, Your house is just beautiful! You are so creative and have done marvelous job creating your holiday look. Thank you for inspiration.
Merry Christmas,
Jen

Jan said...

Your home is beautiful and you obviously have a lot of talent and energy!

I think I'm going to copy your ice skater idea (using the pedestal cake stand). My children will love it!

Thanks for sharing!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

That's it. I'm moving in.

Sooo beautiful!

Susie Q said...

Just gorgeous dear Rhoda!
I love all things natural. I love decorating that way but I was outvoted this year! *smile*
Your home is just filled to the brim with beautiful things and love...

Love,
Sue

Judy said...

Hey Rhoda! Love your house always!!! Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog and adding me to your list. I'm looking forward to getting as good as you!!!

Merry Christmas - Judy

Alice said...

You are my decorating idol, Rhoda! Everything is Christmas beautiful.

Deserae said...

Your home looks so festive and is absolutely stunning! The mantle is my favorite....no wait I can't pick just one thing.... I love it all!!! LOL...Thanks for the mini home tour :o)
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!
~Des

Rosemary said...

Your home is amazing and beautiful and charming too.
I loved the tour.
Thank you,
Rosemary

kari and kijsa said...

Everything looks so beautiful and perfectly placed! You have such a wonderful touch! We had so much fun on our tour!

Merry Christmas blessings,

kari and kijsa

Amberly said...

Oh, I love those stockings! And we just recently moved to B'ham, although I don't ever mention our city on my blog. We are LOVING it here!!

Kelly said...

I love your decorations! So pretty!
I love your ballard stockings - I have some too (although I wanted the polka dot ones like you have and they were out when I ordered).

Angela Baylis said...

Everything looks gorgeous!
Merry Christmas!!!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Unknown said...

Your home is so lovely Rhoda. You have quite a knack for creating an inviting space!

Now please fly to Iowa and help me!

Just kidding (okay, I am not kidding)!

It's a Mom Thing said...

I've looked at all the pics...several times. And I love them. I would love to visit your home any time of the year, especially during Christmas. It is beautiful!

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Oh Rhoda, just beautiful, just absolutely beautiful. You need to throw a big ole party and invite all your blogging buddies. . . your house is all dressed and ready for us :)

Blessings,

Sher

BittersweetPunkin said...

Rhoda...everything is stunning...very beautiful! Thanks for the tour!
Blessings,
Robin

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I have a Merry Christmas pillow like yours. Your house is so beautiful thanks for inviting us in. Merry Christmas

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I have a Merry Christmas pillow like yours. Your house is so beautiful thanks for inviting us in. Merry Christmas

Kim said...

Enjoyed my visit. Merry Christmas!

Debra from Bungalow said...

Hi Rhoda, I love how you combined naturals & sparkle. It all looks so pretty. My fav is the sideboard & the lil green kitchen tree. Those lime green acorns sure are popular...I've seen them several places. The mailbox, the stockings, all so festive!
Merry Christmas to you & your family, Holiday hugs, DebraK

Julie said...

Everything is so elegant - as I knew it would be! I love your white snow heart wreath.

Love Bears All Things said...

Thank you for the tour of your home. I like that you use natural elements.
Mama Bear

Susanne said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Rhoda, your decorations all look so nice and are done so well. I don't look at yours and get that "can't wait to get them down" feeling like I do with mine.

CIELO said...

Beautiful adornments… and I love the white wreaths and the little bottlebrush trees….. your breakfast room with the window is a lovely spot.

Enjoy the Season

Cielo

Unknown said...

Rhoda,

You do such a great job making your home look festive and welcoming. I truely enjoy your photos and tour!

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Hey Rhoda,
More pictures! Love them. We have been sharing all this festive joy for a few years now. It's a wonderful part of our holidays and I treasure it!
Thanks for the tour.
Merry Christmas! Donna

Cécile said...

Rhoda, I also love the natural mixed with glitter. You have done it perfectly! I have cedar trees and hydrangeas, so those get mixed in with whatever else I have. You tree is just fabulous! And I love the vignettes. The tiny figures in the cloche--so sweet.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Your home looks fabulous! I love the greenery and the finery of it all. Great work. : )

His Doorkeeper said...

Everything looks absolutely fantastic! I love your style. Could you just go house to house and help us all? You would never run out of customers!! Thanks for always sharing....I always love to see what you pick up cheap at garage sales and turn into a designer's dream! Blessings to you and your family!

Adla said...

Hi Rhoda, thanks for popping by Vintage Delights.
I love your colour combo of bronzes and olive greens. I'm starting my own little pear collection and I see that you have a few yourself in the little shelf display on the previous posts.Your decor is stunning.. I shall go wander around your blog a bit more :)
Ta, Adla

Miss G said...

I really like the greens on your mailbox! Great idea! Also the bow around the bust's neck, the bottlebrush trees on the window and the little scene on the cake pedestal! Magical! Merry Christmas! Kelly

Carrie said...

The colors of your decor are so beautiful. Thanks for continuing to share your lovely home!

Michael said...

What a gorgeous decorative ideas!! I really love the pics and the way adorned your place -- especially the mantel décor. Each of your decorations is holding the true spirit of festive -- Christmas. Great job!!!

Sandy said...

Oh La Lovely!
Miss Sandy

Cindy said...

I've been so busy I haven't been around to visit lately! Your holiday decorations looks so beautiful!

mama2drama said...

Your tree is beautiful and I love your 2 shelves of creamware. Not sure what it is but that is so pleasing to look at. Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas

Unknown said...

Everything looks so beautiful! Your home is so elegant and inviting. I love the cloche covered snow scene, and what a beautiful mantle. I'm always at a loss on decorating my mantle -- we use our gas fireplace a lot, and I'm afraid it will be too hot for too many decorations. Thanks for sharing all your lovely pictures.

Anonymous said...

Sooo beautyful! I love the way you bring nature inside in your christmas decorations! The little tree with the green decor is perfect!

Parkison Family said...

thanks for the hospitality! everything was so elegant

Cathy Miller said...

It's beautiful! I love how festive your home is. Thanks for the tour!

cotedetexas said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! your decorations are just too beautiful!!! WOW!!!! I am impressed!

Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

Hi Rhoda! Your decorations this year are just gorgeous--such abundance and color. You really do have a talent. Merry Christmas!
~Angela :-)

Mary said...

Just beautiful Rhoda - as your home always is no matter the season or occasion. Love your use of natural materials and all the colors are wonderful. Enjoying the music - am not familiar with Michael Smith but he sounds great.

This has been a busy year for you and I'm so happy we have kept in touch all these months via our blogs. My love and best wishes to you and your family for a blessed Christmas, and a very happy, healthy New Year.
See you around after the holidays!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you really have a flair for decorating! Your "natural but glitzy" Christmas is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Fizz
Fizzledink

Nan said...

I just loved your open house. Stunning.
Merry Christmas.
Nan

Anonymous said...

Everything looks nice! Thank you for sharing.