Thursday, December 27, 2007

Winding down from Christmas & an award

Another new award was just given to me by Sher. Thank you SO much, Sher. I'm really trying to figure out what this one means. Less than 3, so that means pass it on to 3 blogs or less, or what? I think it means that someone loves your blog, but I can't really tell from this. Anyway, I do appreciate it & thank you so very much. I have made so many new friends in blogland that I'm finding it so hard to pass these awards on, so I think I will not try to do that this time. I just have a hard time trying to play favorites, that just doesn't feel right to me.

Some time ago, I found these oh, so pretty trashcans in Homewood at the neatest store called The Royal Standard. You might remember me showing you pics from this store of all the paper mache stuff, trash cans & trays. I went back & bought these three, one for me, and the others for a friend here in B'ham (they didn't have her initial, so she got a fleur de lis) & my sister. The "M" is mine & the "S" is for my sister for Christmas, which she will get today when we go over to celebrate with my family. I thought these were the coolest trashcans, great concept & design. We really needed a new trashcan in our bathroom & this one looks great in there, so I treated myself to a December birthday present for myself. And, I waited long enough that they were marked down on Sale, which is my best kind of find!
I trust you are all enjoying this wonderful week of Christmas with lots of food, time with family, and a sincere reflection on what this time of year really means, aside from all the presents and hoopla. We spent Christmas Day with my hubby's dad and stepmother down in Montgomery. His 3 kids have all been with us for a short time this week & it's been good to catch up with them & have them with us too. We had a wonderful brunch with lots of good (and fattening) food that filled us with happiness & calories. What a way to end the year. I think it's time to cut back on all this heavy fat-inducing food really soon! I can see some extra workouts in my future in January.

This is Peter's stepmom and the newest addition to the family, baby T, who is 6 mos. old & belongs to Peter's sister. She was enjoying lots of kisses from the family dog, Peaches, which I was trying to capture, but missed. Peaches and Peter's son, Ben were having some playtime.
Peaches is a really sweet dog & loves to play & cuddle.

Wednesday a.m. was a good time to hit the after Christmas sales & I found a few things to add to my stash for next year (see post below). Love to find everything 1/2 price to add to my collection. It's always fun to pull out a few new things the next year. As you can probably tell, I'm in relax mode this week. Looking forward to a New Year & lots of new & exciting things. Can't wait to catch up with all of you too to see how your Christmas went. Enjoy your last weekend of 2007!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

21 friends stopped by:

Sandi McBride said...

Seems you had a wonderful Christmas, Rhoda. What a beautiful baby...and Peaches is lovely, too...New Year's is coming, hoping the best for you in 2008!
hugs
Sandi

willzmom said...

Sounds like a wonderful time spent with loved ones. I wanted to go shopping, but have a sick child at home and just didn't want to leave him. I enjoyed looking at all the goodies that you scored tho!

Anonymous said...

Sweet baby and cute doggie! Love the trash cans!

Congrats on the award. You crack me up! If you look at it sideways it's a heart. I believe a friend of Jens (Staying Home Mom blog) passed it on to her because her circle of friends always say I 1 less than 3 you meaning I heart you!

Manuela

Justabeachkat said...

Congrats on the award. I know...I've seen it around, but sure don't understand the less than 3 part. It's an award so I guess that's all that matters.

I'm glad your Christmas was good.

Hugs!
Kat

Debra from Bungalow said...

I was going to say I think it's a heart but I see that was already explained...lol..
Sounds like you had a good Christmas! Love those trash cans! Great finds..
Hugs, DebraK

Rosemary said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas. A very cute baby by the way!!
Happy New Year to you and your family.
Rosemary

Unknown said...

Love that cute dog! Those trash cans are great. They don't even look like trash cans. Congrats on your award!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Wonderful family photos! Love the new containers....
Penny

CG said...

I want those trashcans! They are fabulous!

Nan said...

What a cute baby and dog. Glad you had a good time.
Nan

Fran said...

I'm glad you went back for the trash cans. When I saw them in the picture you posted originally, I thought they were such a good idea! I might have to try and make one of my own.

Fran

Free Art Printables said...

I hit the after sales too and got some great things! Congrats on your award!
Love your new background BTW!
Jen R

Julie said...

The symbals <3 put together makes the shape of a heart, so it means that she loves your blog.

I have so enjoyed our blog friendship Rhoda! I was hoping those trash cans were going to be 8in your store....but just remembered that you closed shop when you went back to work.
:0(

I did not Christmas shop this year the day after because I was out of spending money! ha ha..

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

what a fun time it feels like...peaches looks like a big chance...hugs, r

Linda said...

Love those trash cans!! Looks like you had a nice time with family and you did great at the after Christmas sales. I did not make it out this year.
Blessings,
Linda

Mary said...

Dear Rhoda,
so glad you had a great Christmas. Wishing you a bright and happy new year!
xoxo,
Mary
PS Love the trash cans!

Tonja said...

I will post a pic soon of my glass collection. I went to Tuesday Morning today and they had several sizes and styles of apothacary jars in the mercury glass. You may want to check it out at the one near your house.

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Oh Dear Rhoda, I'm so sorry. I less than 3 your blog is "I HEART YOUR BLOG" or "I LOVE YOUR BLOG." The young generation (my 13 year old says it all the time - "Mom, I heart it," for "Mom, I love it"). It's just the only way to type a "heart" <3 on text without graphics.

It took me a minute or so to figure this out too when I was awarded this. Thanks for being a good sport about it.

God's richest blessings to you and your family for the coming New Year.

Sher

windycorner said...

Those trash cans are great-looking. Glad you had such a nice Christmas with family.
Holley

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

OK, I get it!! It sure didn't jump out at me, but now that it's been explained, I do see it. I guess I'm not up on all the lingo in blogland, LOL.

Thanks again, Sher!
Rhoda

Southern Heart said...

Rhoda, you're too funny! :) It at first seems kind of like a backhanded compliment, doesn't it? ;)

I'm glad that you all had such a nice family Christmas...that baby is adorable! I love those trash cans, too!

We've been busy with family, too, and now with Liberty Bowl activities (DS is thrilled to see his school in a bowl, and here, yet!). We're going to Nashville for a few days tomorrow morning...hopefully I'll get to post sometime during all of that! :)

Have a great New Years!!

Love, Andrea