Thursday, December 27, 2007

After Christmas Shopping

Do y'all enjoy shopping at the after Christmas sales as much as I do? I really love to get out there & find some neat Christmas ornaments to put back for the next year. I usually have my eye on something that I've seen & hope that I can get back & snag it for a good deal. I did pretty good this year & got an early start on Wednesday at 7:00 am at Target. It seems lots of other folks had the same idea I did. I mainly went to check out the lights and ornaments. Hubby only requested one thing...he wanted twinkling colored net lights to put outside next year, so I found those at Target & he was happy. I would have liked white better, but I didn't argue with him, just got them. He doesn't ask for much. The glass balls above came from Target & the cute green & red mittens were deeply discounted at Pikes (a local nursery). I think I'll use them next year on my kitchen tree, since I have red & green in there.
And I've really become enamoured with mercury glass lately & found some pieces of it on clearance from Kohls & Target.
What's Christmas without a little sparkly & pretty birds? The ornaments & birds were found at Target. I think I'll have fun with these next year too.
Finally, stopped at Homegoods, where everything was 50% off & scored the large sparkly pinecones and the cute vintage sign that says it all....Christmas spirit.

Enjoy your weekend! Can you believe it's almost the New Year?! Where did the time go?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

15 friends stopped by:

Cyndi said...

I have been following your blog for a little while and have to say I love it. I love your style and your home. It is so warm and makes you want to come right in. I have several of the ornaments that you got at Target on sale and love the birds!!!! Have a great New Year.

Jen said...

I love all your bargains. I love sales. I'm sick right now and cant go looking for the great sales...but will try to do this next week sometime. I'm glad you found some great buys though.

Anonymous said...

So funny, you know I was thinking of you when I was in Target yesterday and walked past all coppery bronze things! They had a quite a bit left over I didn't buy too much.

Manuela

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...lots of good finds! I didn't go out yesterday since I was boxing up my Christmas, but I'm going today. Hope there's some things left!

Hugs!
Kat

Judy said...

Hey Rhoda! I see you and I continue to think alike in the decorating dept! I LOVE those brown/bronze colored ornaments and birds from Target (I got some myself). I decorate with traditional reds and greens throughout my house at Christmas but lately I've been wanting to do some of the browns, cremes, bronzes, birds, pinecones, etc. I really want to re-do our bedroom in those colors but haven't really talked to hubby about it. I've bought a bedspread (creme with brown stripe that I will have monogrammed with our initials - think Pottery Barn), ordered some other stuff and now just have to "convince" him it really needs to be done! Wish me luck.
You're brave to have got out in those crowds Wednesday. We went to B'ham Christmas Day to spend with son and his wife and it rained the whole way there and back.
Looking forward to seeing all you do in the New Year! Judy

Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

I love the mercury glass ornaments--I really want to snag some of those this year during the sales.... Shopping, shopping, shopping! Happy New Year!
~Angela :-)

Lisa said...

I love your new ornaments, they are going to be great for next year. Haven't had time to find treasures yet myself.

Tonja said...

I haven't been out to shop yet, but am going tomorrow. Everything is probably gone, but, we'll see. I, too have become enamored with the mercury glass. The pieces I bought in B'ham looked so pretty on my mantle, and I picked up quite a few ornaments from different places I would shop. I think I have enough to do a whole tree with them next year. I also got some for gifts, too.

Rosemary said...

Good job on the shopping Rhoda. I noticed some of the same stuff I got.
Love that mercury glass too!
Rosemary

Unknown said...

Great bargains and I love all that you bought. I went out yesterday also but didn't find anything. I think I wasn't in the mood to shop. Did I really say that--I must be sick..LOL Have a great weekend!

Rhondi said...

Hi Rhoda. You got lots of bargains didn't you? Quite a haul! It will be fun next year when you take them out of storage and get to use them. Rhondi

Betty said...

Rhoda,
Beautiful trash cans and ornaments...I bought a few on sale tonight also. I had bought several pretty glass bird ornaments before Christmas, hac lots of birds on the tree before.....so I found some on sale tonight along with beautiful, long glass ornaments....

Happy New Year to you and those you love.....Betty

Jill said...

I knew you'd be writing about all your great bargains. With the three kids, we didn't even get out until almost noon on the 26th and everything was pretty much picked over. Target had not one single box of lights left.

Southern Heart said...

Very nice finds, Rhoda! I SO love those birdies, and will enjoy seeing what you do with your treasures next Christmas!

I am ever-envious that you have HomeGoods!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda......Love all your neat finds! They will look beautiful next year on your tree! You are a smart shopper! Hope you had a marvelous, fabulous Christmas! Happy New Year!