Saturday, February 2, 2008

Super Sunday Lasagna

Guess what?? It's official...I have been blogging one whole year now! I can't believe it's been that long and went by so fast. I had no idea what I was doing when I started a blog, but I've had so much fun meeting all you wonderful readers out there, it has been a thrill for me to get to know you through your blogs as well. Another thing that I really want to say. My blog traffic has really increased the last few months! I'm so happy about that, but it's getting incredibly difficult to visit all of you who stop by to see me. I try really hard to welcome all of you who come by for the first time and to visit you and leave a note. I usually save a link on my computer to anyone new coming by and now I have literally 100's of bloglinks saved. So, please understand that if I don't come and visit you often, it's not because I don't want to, it's nothing personal...it's simply a lack of time! I'm going to have to be more productive going forward and not spend all my days on the computer. There's so much more I want to do and accomplish and I want my blog to continue to improve too. I so much appreciate all of you loyal readers out there. Here's to another fun year!

Here's a question for you....is there anything you'd like to see more or less of in the next year on my blog? More decorating/design topics? or do you like the cooking, gardening, travel ideas too? I try to mix things up now and cover several topics and I really want to make my blog as fun and interesting as it can be, so if you have any ideas on that, please feel free share with me!

******************************************************
Here's a great spinach lasagna recipe that I have had for years that I wanted to share with you. It's a good one. Very easy and tasty. We are not vegetarians, but we do love veggie pastas and pizza. This is a good way to get your kids to eat spinach. They won't even know it's there and it will taste so good, they'll forget about the green stuff.

I think I got this out of the paper or a magazine several years ago and it was close to Super Bowl Sunday, so they call it Super Sunday Lasagna. So in honor of the Super Bowl, here's something you can serve to your hungry men. I've been making this one for a long time! Hubby loves it too. Sorry for the blurry pics. These were taken with hubby's old camera before I got the new one.

Mix Ricotta cheese, thawed & drained frozen 10-oz. spinach, 2 eggs.

Add the parmesean and mozzarella cheese.
Ready to bake.
Out of the oven.
We love simple salads of sliced Roma tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, salt & pepper drizzled with some balsamic vinegarette.

Spinach Lasagna

6 slices of uncooked (or precooked) lasagna noodles (3 per layer)
2 (26 oz) jars of pasta sauce
1 (15 oz) Ricotta Cheese
1 (10 oz) pkg. chopped spinach, thawed & drained
1 lb. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesean cheese
2 eggs, beaten
Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)

Prepare lasagna noodles as usual, drain. In medium bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella, Paremsan and eggs; mix well. In 9x13 baking dish, layer 1 cup sauce, half the lasagna (3 strips), another cup sauce, all of the spinach mixture, half of the remaining mozzarella, remaining 3 strips of lasagna noodles and sauce. Cover with foil & bake in 350* oven for 45 minutes until bubbly. Uncover, top with remaining mozarella and parsley, bake for 15 more minutes. Let stand 10 minute before serving.

One note on sauce: I make my own marinara sauce and use my mom's quart jar of tomatoes, to make my recipe. I don't think you'll need 2 whole jars of pasta sauce as noted here, but if you like it extra tomatoey, then go for it. You will probably need at least 1 1/2 jars if you use canned sauce, at least 3 cups total.

Buon Appetito! It's yummy! Hope your team wins!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

36 friends stopped by:

Anonymous said...

I visit your blog daily and enjoy everything you have on it. Keep doing more of the same!

Deb said...

Congratulations Rhonda on your 1 year blogversary :-}
The spinach lasagna looks delicious. Being vegetarian it's one of my favourite dinners - and I love spinach :-}

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Congratulations on one year!

Yum-O spinich lasagna!!

I try to visit everyone who visits my blog too but sometimes it's tough.

And no, don't change a thing. :) You didn't get this many readers by doing something wrong. Your blog is just perfect.

There, I've had my say. Haha!!

Sandi McBride said...

I love Lasagna...preferably if Evil Sister has prepared it thus saving me the aggro...I understand what you mean about all the folks we visit, I try to take care of my blogging duties in the a.m. and worry if I have left anyone out when I do my visits...can't bear to hurt anyone's feelings and have them think their thoughts aren't as important as others...really, am going to have to split my days into am reads and pm reads....I think that might work. Your dinner looks luscious, by the way. What time do we eat?

Mrs. B said...

Great blog!! I always enjoy it! My New's Year resolution is to start leaving coments and stop lurking so much.

The spinach lasagna looks awesome. I will add this to my list of recipes I want to try

Thanks

Julie

Tonja said...

Congrats to you, my "B" Club buddy! What a wonderful job you have done with your blog. It's easy to se why it has become so popular! Keep up the good work...I'll be watching!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy visiting your blog. I know you enjoy decorating your home and you are a very gifted decorator. Please continue to share your talents as you have much to offer to your online friends.

BailiwickStudio said...

That sure sounds good. I love italian recipes with spinach in them somewhere. And it's nice that your blog has a bit of this and that - it keeps it interesting!Happy blogiversay!
::Jill

OKGardners said...

I love your blog just as it is. You pick great topics and it is about real life, real decorating, real garage sale bargains, etc. Keep it just like it is. I visit daily.

Keep your Boutique full, also!

Betty in Oklahoma

Anonymous said...

OMGosh that looks so yummy I am drooling! LOL! Thanks so much for the recipes!

Many congrats on your blog anny!
xo
mary
hoganfe handbags

Rhondi said...

Hi Rhoda
Congratulations on one year of blogging. I wouldn't change a thing. It's great as it is.
Rhondi xo

Tina Leavy said...

hi,
stopping by to invite you to join in the fun give away over on my blog. I hope you'll stop by and join in.
Tina

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

That lasagna sounds good! I will have to give it a try.
Happy Blogaversary Rhoda!

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Happy blogiversary!
I love all of your decorating posts.
And that lasagna looks delicious!

Kimberly :)

Anonymous said...

Rhoda, Congratulations!! It's been a year already - time really does fly!

Let see - I love all your recipes, so please keep that and of course all the decorating/makeover things. I like it when you take pictures at garage sales too. Your blog is great and so are you! It's been such a pleasure to get to know you and this year we will meet!

xo,

Manuela

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

You're doing a fabulous job!
It is difficult to visit everyone and I do try to myself....I usually try for Monday mornings but sometimes life just happens and you can't get around as much as you'd like.
sometimes I visit and don't leave a message...doesn't mean I don't love ya !

(())

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Congratulations on one year of bloggin'! Keep doing what you've been doing - you inspire us all!

The lasagna looks so yummy!

Have a great weekend.
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Sounds wonderful...Mary

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I like seeing what you do with your flea market finds. Painting them and turning them into beautiful pieces! Love the recipes too.

PAT said...

Congratulations on your anniversary in the land of blog, Rhoda. This year has truly flown by!!

Pat

Valerie said...

Congrats on your 1st anniversary! Love the blog, love the pics.

Free Art Printables said...

Rhoda,
Congrats on your one year blog! I really love to see your yard sale finds and your before and afters. You are so talented with all of the little projects you do and decorating things.. This is going to be a great year for you!
Jen R

Anonymous said...

HI Rhoda
I just stopped by to thank you for your words of encouragement and prayer and then found this yummylicious lasagna. Next time I feel like cooking I am going to make some of this! Love your blog just the way it is.
xoxo
Diane

Sandy said...

Hi Rhoda - I love how you mix it up! Your cheeriness is contagious and ... guess what? I have a great giveaway on my blog - tomorrow! CHECK IT OUT!
Happy Sunday!
Sandy

Tara said...

Love your blog, particularly the food...I am copying the lasagna recipe as we speak...but it does not matter what you do, it's great! Happy Year #1!

:0)
Tara

Southern Heart said...

Congratulations on your year, Rhoda! Your recipe looks wonderful, too.

I would say "don't change a thing". :) I think that you have the right mix just as it is.

I totally understand about the time issues. I'm spending a lot more time with my father (and also my sister's family), and just have a half an hour or so a day for the computer, at the most. I feel that my time is as it should be right now (someday I'll have more free time than I know what to do with). I have found the photo-blogging to be better suited to my limited time right now, which makes it hard, as I have really loved my "regular" blog, too. I'm glad that you've been able to carve out time for it, because it suits you. :)

Nan said...

Happy Anniversary! I wouldn't change a thing on your blog!
Hugs,
Nan

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your blogversary!!! I love visiting and hope you continue to post just as you have.

Leanna said...

Congrats on your blogiversary!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Congrats on your 1 year anniversary! I enjoy my visits here and truly love it when you visit me.

The lasagna sounds yummy!
Penny

Mary said...

Dear Rhoda,
Congratulations on your one-year anniversary! I love your blog just the way it is. I know what you mean about visiting time -- I think we all feel the time crunch.

Your lasagna looks delicious!
xoxo,
Mary

Rosemary said...

Hi Rhoda,
Just visit whenever you can. I love when you visit. It does get very hard to visit so many blogs.
Love the recipe as usual.
Hope you had a great weekend.
Rosemary

Jennifer said...

I have most definitely enjoyed each and every visit to your blog. As for what to continue with, I have to say that is a tough choice. I love visiting yard sales with you and I really love your home projects and the personal touch you put on everything. As for recipes, I hit up Kroger for Roma tomatoes, bell pepper, & cucumber tonight to make your delicious salad. So absolutely keep up the recipes. I guess I'm not much help with your choices of blog topics!
I'm glad I have discovered you in this last year and look forward to many more visits.
~Jen

Jill said...

Rhoda- Happy one year! I would have guessed you'd been at it a lot longer. I love all the topics and photos on your blog...and that lasagna looks divine!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY RHODA!!!!

A whole year???? Wow - where does the time go? I'm so happy that we are in Blogland together and don't change a thing - we love your blog because it is YOU.

xo,
Kim

Steph said...

That looks delicious!