Sunday, March 30, 2008

Friday Yardsales

Time for the neighborhood sales to begin around here.....and April will be a prime month too.

There really wasn't all that much at the sales to show you, nothing too exciting, like neat furniture or old vintage things, so here's a spring pic of blooming trees. This is a very nice neighborhood and Spring is here even if it was cloudy on this morning. I just love this time of year.
Blooms galore and nothing beats jumping out of bed, throwing on some sweats and hitting a big neighborhood sale! I didn't spend too much, but had fun.
So, of course I did manage to find a few little things to take home. Seashells and clothes were the finds of the day this time. This whole jar of shells was $2.
And all these in the bowl and out were 10 cents. I think I might have enough seashells for now.
Cute little bunny dish was 50 cents. You know I could not pass him up. He looks right at home with my Bordallo bunnies. This would be a great sugar dish.
I'm always on the lookout for more workout clothes since I seem to be in them most everyday. This nearly new sports bra was $1.00.
Parisian linen shirt was $1.00. See how much I like lime green, it's all over my closet too.
And another cute short-sleeved green top with a drawstring waist was $1.00. This one is by Ruff Hewn. These prices are better than shopping consignment.
I always need more sweatshirts. This pretty blue one by Russell was in great condition, is a soft heavyweight cotton and will be perfect with my yoga pants for $1.00.
I just love NOT paying retail!

So, I guess you've all noticed my new banner?! I'm proud to say that I did it myself. If you're looking for some free photo software to play around with, try Picasa and Photo Filtre. You can download both of them for free. I used Picasa for the collage of photos, then saved it and went to Photo Filtre for the borders and text. It was fun! I didn't have any idea what I was doing, but I played with it until it worked and I was happy with it. I think it's a fresh new look for my banner!

I can't wait to share what I did on Saturday with you. Just call me part-time floral design assistant!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

33 friends stopped by:

Cindy said...

What a great deal on all those shells! I have that same little bunny jar! I bought it in the mid 1980s. It was for jam but I used mine for sugar too.

SarahWhite said...

Hey Rhoda! I went to that neighbor hood sale on Friday and immediately recognized that 1st yard. As steep as the hill was, the yard was simply gorgeous!! I think my big haul there was 6 pair of new boy shorts for $3. Did you go to the N.Shelby Baptist sale? Tons of little girl clothes there too. The BHighland sale is May 3rd...FYI. :)

Free Art Printables said...

Great stuff! I went yard saling yesterday, found one early season sale and I hit the jackpot! I am going to post them tomorrow! I was sooo happy, I cna't wait till they come on full force! Jen R

Kristi said...

I noticed one yardsale in my area advertised in the paper for this weekend but didn't go. Too cold! I am looking forward to starting to once there are more and it warms up. Love those shells and the clothes! Love your new banner. I tried to update mine too but it is no where near as fabulous! I'll have to try again using the sites you mentions! I especially would like a border. Can't wait for your Saturday story.

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Love the finds AND the new header. I'm a total sucker for anything lime green.

I haven't made it to any yard sales yet. I usually luck up at the Goodwill near my house. I bought nearly new GAP bootcut jeans recently for less than $4!!! Once you start realizing all the treasures to be had, it's nearly impossible to pay retail for anything.

Anonymous said...

I noticed your new banner this morning, but I couldn't get my comment to accept. It is so beautiful. You did an excellent job.

Good buys at the yard sale. Our neighborhood is having one soon.

Jen said...

LOVE LOVE yard sales.....love them...

Carrie said...

Your new banner is great! So are your yard sale finds.

Tonja said...

Love the banner! Good for you!
Did not get to do any furniture shopping while in B'ham, but I still have the list and still plan to go when I can. Will try to give you a call.

Anonymous said...

It's a bit early here to have the yard sales starting up. I have to satisfy my bargain shopping with the antique malls and flea markets for now.

Out doing some weekend blog hopping and found your blog. But now I want spring and yard sales...

Unknown said...

Oh I so have to find that bunny jar now! My grandma bought me a bunny tea pot when I was a kid that looks like it should go with your bunny jar. I didn't even think to see if there was a complete set and now I'm going ot be on a mad hunt to find it all lol

Great finds at the yard sales!

Nancy Hood said...

the homes are beautiful! our neighborhood has mature dogwoods and azaleas, too, and this time of year they just shine forth!

Rosemary said...

Love the shells Rhoda! You got a great buy on them. Of course the bunny is darling. I do love your new banner. Great job!
Rosemary

Unknown said...

Love this blog..THats all! Cant wait to read more new friend

Debra from Bungalow said...

Yardsales...after waiting all winter it's almost that time again. They are slowly popping up here & there. I stopped at a barn sale but it was just too dern cold to shop outside! Will warm weather ever get to us up here!
Love your finds Rhoda!
Your new banner caught my eye.....good job!
Hugs, DebraK

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Oh, I can't wait until garage sale time hits here in Michigan. It's normally May for us :)

Good, no GREAT finds!

Blessings,

Sher

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Rhoda,

I hope you had a nice week-end, sure looks like it !! Loving that little bunny jar,I too love my Bordallo, I got a yellow Bordallo bunny plate on sale last year at TJMaxx so cute.

Your new header came out GREAT !!!

Love the blooming trees, can't wait for that to spread my way :)

Have a great day,
Kathy :)

ps thanks for the Michaels tip, I got the coupon !!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

What fun finds! I did notice your banner and it looks fabulous! I was amazed at your skills. :)

Mrs. B said...

What a pretty neighborhood! I just love it when the trees bloom. And what great finds. I'd love to find some seashells like that. I know you'll use them in some beautiful display!

Jen Kershner said...

I'm so, so jealous! I can't wait for the garage sales to start up around here. Love your finds and especially that blooming tree. We're still waiting for blooms too!

The Nester said...

I love seeing what people buy at sales and how much they paid for them!

You did great!

Cottage Dreaming said...

Rhonda, I want to thank you for the referral to the photo websites. I was finally able to make a collage. I cannot figure out the borders though. I will keep trying.
Heather

willzmom said...

Don't you just love getting out on a spring morning and hitting the sales?

Anonymous said...

I meant to comment on your banner last time and totally forgot! It looks just great! Everything is so pretty all in bloom. We had a few yardsales in our neighborhood the week before so I guess it's that time again!

Manuela

Unknown said...

Hi Rhoda,

Love your shells. I lvoe your new banner. And thanks for the info on how to do it. I love learning new things like this.

Southern Heart said...

Rhoda, I love that blouse...that is so cute and you will really enjoy wearing it this season.

I've been so busy at work that I haven't had time for yard sales yet. :( Of course, that saves me a little money, too!

I love, love your new banner. You are so smart! It is very pretty and very "you". :)

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Rhoda...If it ever stops raining here in WA I think the yardsales will start...I am waiting....LOVE all your finds...especially the clothes!
Hugs,
Robin

Betty said...

Rhoda,
You really did a fantastic job with your banner....it looks great..

I like all your 'finds'...I'd like to shop in your neighborhood.....

Thanks for the visit and comment of the 86 year old lady...I think she left no doubt as to what she was saying....Betty

Lisa said...

great bargains. the clothes and the shells. your banner is the best though. it looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

Great job on the banner and oh my am I gonna have to try that cake!
xoxo
Diane

Sandi McBride said...

Oh a girl after my own heart! I love a bargain and I love a yard/garage sale. They are so much fun. I loved the seashells, too. But the blooming trees, the pictures are just out of this world!
hugs
Sandi

Unknown said...

Love the finds! I need to post pics of what I found at my sales on Saturday. Isn't it just great getting to find little treasures! It was my first sale day of the year and I did pretty good! Looks like you found some nice stuff yourself!

Justabeachkat said...

Great finds! Wow

I love your new header too!

Hugs!
Kat