Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Off to Florida!

After a week-long rollercoaster ride, we finally got all the details worked out and my hubby is going to be working in Lakeland, Florida for what might be a few months on a consulting assignment. One of the perks of not have a job now is that I get to go with him! YAY! And what makes this so fun and exciting for me is that I have a LOT of relatives and friends in that area. My mom grew up not far from Lakeland and we have a huge family down there. So, needless to say I will have a ball catching up with all of them. And, an extra special treat...I have been online friends with dear, sweet Kim of Daisy Cottage fame for several years now and we are going to meet in person. I can hardly wait! Kim is one person I've always wanted to meet and now we get the opportunity. We were going to try to meet for the day, but this week is extra busy for her and my last minute plans messed things up, so I'll get to see her on Thursday and at least meet each other face to face. What fun that will be! If all goes well with his job, I'll be going back down in a few weeks and Kim and I will then get to spend the day together at that time.

Another really exciting thing about this trip is that I went to college in Lakeland. It was Southeastern Bible College back then, but is now just Southeastern College. This was way back in the 70's and after attending college for 2 years, I ended up being a college dropout. I quit and started working. I thought working would be more fun, but what did I know? I spent 4 years down there. Anyway, I haven't been back to my college since the mid-80's or so and from what I hear, the campus has changed drastically. Updates and lots of new buildings, so I can't wait to walk down memory lane. My parents met and married out of this college (the big joke was it should have been called Southeastern Bridal College) and I have countless relatives who also graduated from there, so it holds a lot of good memories for me.

Don't worry! I'll still be blogging. I will be on hubby's laptop and will still be able to keep up with my posts. Think of all the pictures I will take. I can't wait! And no...this is not an April Fool's joke!

This is a quick update on today, so don't miss the wedding floral pics below!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

32 friends stopped by:

Unknown said...

Congrats! This will lead to all sorts of fun for you! I went to school in Florida, too, and love to go back and visit. I have a sister in Tampa and my BFF is in Orlando. Central FL is a nice place! You'll enjoy it.

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Oh what fun....to just be able to just take off! I will be looking forward to your Florida posts! Have a safe trip.

:-) Rosie

Nathansma said...

It was Southeastern Bible College when you and Howie attended and it was Southeastern College when I attended and it is now Southeastern University! Doesn't that make us all feel old. I just came back to Jamaica after a short visit at home and had a wonderful time with the family. We even had a fish fry the night before we left at Aunt Mary and Uncle Eugene's!

Julie said...

Have a wonderful time in Flordia! I loved reading about your parents. I miss my Mother every day of my life Rhoda...so you are indeed very blessed!

Mrs. B said...

Have a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear about your trip. How nice to be able to go along with your hubby!

Maureen said...

I could just hear the excitement in your voice last week when you told me about your trip. I have Kim envy! If only I had known she lived so close to my Mom and Dad's place when they lived there! Please give her a huge hug from me, and also, try to find time to check out the little town of Dade City for some neat little shops. Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures in Florida!

Mary said...

Oh Rhoda, have lots of fun and take lots of pictures! And give Kim a hug from me. :)
xoxo,
mary

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Oh I am sooo happy for you! You will have a lot of fun and I bet do a bit of shopping. There isn't much better than a traveling perk...I got to go to Hawaii that way :)

(())

Debra from Bungalow said...

Hi Rhoda, lucky girl going to warm weather! Please keep us posted of all the fun you're having & your visit with Kim.
I'll bet the smell of those flowers was heavenly. What a nice job you did & you got to bring some beauties home.
Hugs, DebraK

Anonymous said...

This sounds like the makings of a wonderful adventure. I hope you enjoy every minute of your time.

Anonymous said...

Oh Rhoda what an adventure and please tell Kim I said hello, I just think she's a doll !! Maybe you'll get to go to her Goodwill store she has the best luck there !!

Take loads of pictures, I hope you have a ball with your family !!!

All the best,
Kathy :)

Laila said...

How fun! I wish you a safe jurney, and don't forget to keep us posted.

Free Art Printables said...

Have a great trip!
Jen R

Justabeachkat said...

How fun...the trip and also getting to meet Kim. I love her blog and would love to meet her in person too. I remember the first time we got to meet. Say "hi" to Kim for me. Take your camera.

Hugs!
Kat

(are you guys coming here again this summer?)

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Oh Rhoda - have a wonderful time with Kim - how lovely!! We can't wait to hear all of the details!
Karrie & Karla

Rosemary said...

Wow Rhoda,
Have a wonderful time. Tell Kim hi for me.
Love the flowers!!
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Love your photos on your banner. Hope you have a nice time in Florida. Wish I were going. Three kids still in school, sigh... Smiles, Susie

Nancy Hood said...

I have some great friends in Lakeland and they've just had twins! Tony Griffies is the youth minister at a church of Christ in Lakeland. His wife, Susan, is a school teacher there! Have fun and enjoy your time there!

PAT said...

I thought I posted a comment yesterday evening, Rhoda! Well...anyway...this sounds like a great adventure! Enjoy and write about it, with lots of photos!

I loved the wedding flowers. Gorgeous!

Pat

Sandy said...

Have a wonderful time Rhoda! Lotsa sunshine!!

Deb said...

Have a wonderful time in Florida. Love your new banner collage!

Southern Heart said...

I hope that you have a wonderful time in FL (we just came back from FL!). Meeting Kim will be so special. Take lots of pics!

linda t said...

How fun to be able to travel with your husband now!
And how fun to meet KIM!
And how special to get back to your old stompin grounds! Enjoy recalling sweet memories with friends and family!

Anonymous said...

Have fun Rhoda! I know you are thrilled to get to go with your hubby!

bonnie

Donna said...

Wow Rhoda, what fun! Sounds like a great trip you have planned. And what a special treat to meet with Kim!
Have a wonderful time, can't wait to see pics!
Hugs,
Donna

Debra from Bungalow said...

Stop by for another award. Hugs, DebraK

Jill said...

Wow! What a wonderful opportunity. Can't wait to hear about your Lakeland adventures!

Jennifer said...

Rhoda, thanks for entering my giveaway. I have been out of town and will announce a winner tomorrow after I catch up with all my emails and comments. Enjoy yourself!

Jenny

Essential Oil Premier University said...

How fun is that? Good for you Rhoda being able to go with your hubby. I try to go with mine when I can, but the "season" in my life is at a different stage - - with an 8th grader at home still. Someday I'll be able to go more.

Have a most wonderful time visiting with friends and family.

Blessings,

Sher

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

New Blogger here and just checking out different sites! What a pleasant visit I have had in yours! Love the beautiful flower arrangements, what a great "understudy" opportunity! :) Your home is just beautiful, you are one talented lady! Hope you don't mind that I am adding you to my favorite blogs list, so that I can stop in again and see what is new with you and your creations! OH, and almost forgot...Love yardsales, so I appreciated your great finds you shared! :) Rhonda

Susie Q said...

Oh what fun dear Rhoda!! And you get to meet Kim too!! Have her give you a huh from me and you give her a hug from me and...well, you know what I mean!
We have lived in FL three times and know that area well. You do too I guess! That means you will have so much fun and sun and flea marketing and beach going and antiquing and
dining out and taking and reading and resting and shopping and...okay. You will have a great time!!

Have fun and keep us posted!

Hugs,
Sue

Mrs. B said...

Hope you're having a wonderful time in Florida! I have an award for you over at my blog when you come back!