Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Around the Lake

Last week while in Florida, hubby and I got in three evenings of walking around the lake in Lakeland. Lake Hollingsworth is a beautiful lake, a wildlife habitat with all sorts of interesting critters to watch. First of all, the houses facing the lake are really pretty, so I took more pics of those to show you. Check out the red metal palm trees in this front yard. Only in Florida!
Some magnificent homes are circling this lake.









This Italianate style home was my very favorite.
And this entrance is so inviting.

Herons
A guy taking his lifejacket clad dog out for a late afternoon joyride.
These birds are so pretty with their colors and I can't remember what they are called. They came up and ate bread out of my hand.
We took some bread out the last evening and fed the ducks. They are so used to having people around, they will almost eat out of your hand.

A mama duck.
Marsh rabbits.
Blue heron
Another white heron.
And a beautiful sunset.


The mama ducks and their babies came out at dusk and were so cute to watch.
The End!
That's all from Florida, hubby is back working at home so we won't be going down to that area anymore. But, we do have a beach vacation coming up real soon this month that I can't wait for!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

16 friends stopped by:

Valarie Lea said...

That looks so relaxing. Just beautiful.

Jenny said...

I just love looking at houses. Are these older historical homes or newer ones. They're beautful. And so much wildlife. Really great!

Unknown said...

I love the little duckies! They are adorable!! Isn't Florida another world?

The Berry's Patch said...

Rhoda,
I love these pictures. Especially the one with the dog on the jet ski and the ducks.
Brandee

Mrs. B said...

Ooooh, love those pretty houses! I think your favorite is my favorite too! But they're all so beautiful! And I love the animal picutres! I can't believe you saw so much wildlife!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Great pictures. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! And I love the shot of the little dog in the life vest! lol

Kari

Anonymous said...

Those homes are magnificent. I agree with you, I like the Italian style home the best myself. Thanks for sharing:)

Rhondi said...

What a beautiful place for a walk.

Wanita said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures. What a beautiful place to visit.

tammi said...

Looks like a wonderful place for a relaxing weekend! Great pictures, Rhoda!

It's been a while since I've been here. I love your pictures from the following post, too ~ especially the ones of the yard. I dream of having a yard like that someday ~ and of winning the lottery so I'll be able to hire a professional landscaper and full-time gardener!! I'm completely useless with plants and flowers.

Becky K. said...

Your pictures are lovely. You were right, I did not want to miss that post. I love looking at homes but then I loved the marsh bunny too. I guess I would have a hard time choosing a favorite.

Thanks.

Becky K.

Andi said...

Oh Rhoda...I so loved this post. I'm so fortunate to actually live in this area of Florida but seeing the beauty through your eyes makes it all so breathtaking. So glad you had a good time in Lakeland.

Anonymous said...

Rhoda, Your animal lake pictures were something else. I copied that mango recipe for later use this summer. Looks so cool and refreshing. ~ Lynn

Unknown said...

Loved all of your photos Rhoda. That sunset was gorgeous!

Kristi said...

I love herons! We are lucky to have snowy egrets and blue herons that hang out in the pond that is behind our house! Glad you got to enjoy all the wildlife and houses!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Loved this post. It is a real bird's eye view of the South. Thanks for sharing.