Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Barn and Stable

Two posts today, so don't miss the one below which has some great wildlife pics around the lake in Florida.
What a wonderful time it was last week to spend even more time with my sweet friend Kim, of Daisy Cottage. She is just so genuine, warm, and hospitable and exactly the kind of friend I'd love to hang around with all the time. Too bad we don't live in the same town, we would definitely be spending even more days like this. Kim took me to a really fun place called The Barn and Stable, truly a woman's paradise. Indoors are lots of home decor items, along with antiques that are imported from Europe and outside a garden area. What more could a girl ask for?
There is so much to look at in here and the displays are just beautiful. Enjoy the tour......







I did splurge and buy this pretty necklace and earring set of turquoise. I couldn't resist and the price was right ($30), so I got them. I have a lot I can wear this with. Isn't it pretty?











Then we left here and went to a wonderful tearoom, Lavender N Lace, where we ate a delicious lunch, talked our heads off, and treated ourselves to dessert. It truly is like we have known each other forever.





Hot Chicken salad
And here are the desserts we had to choose from....too many choices!
But we narrowed it down to this chocolate silk pie which was very refreshing.
I'm SO glad I got to visit Daisy Cottage one more time. Bye-bye Kim and Maggie. I'll miss you both. Please come and visit me soon!

I'm working on my patio project this week, so will be outside a lot. The weather is just gorgeous, perfect for working in the yard.

Hope you are all having a great week! Take a look at the lake pics below too.
I still have two things left from my yardsale treasures, so if you missed them, take a look here at the sweet needlepoints and Victorian prints.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

33 friends stopped by:

Valarie Lea said...

Those were my kind of places. I could just get lost and wonder for hours in places like that. Even if I don't buy anything its very relaxing to me.

savvycityfarmer said...

I have always enjoyed the Daisy Cottage....and you too....How did you get together? always fun to hear about bloggergirls hooking up together.....

The barn....now I want to visit there

thanks for the virtual tour....I dbl clicked all the photos ans that makes it all the more fun

Marie said...

Is this Barn and Stable located in Lake Alfred,FL? If so, I've been there! My sister and I were there for hours and finally had to tear ourselves away to get home to the kids. I bought my first barn star there. :o)

Marie said...

...and...I'm DYING for that set of 4 bird prints!

Jenny said...

What great places and pictures. You are so good at finding the greatest places to spend time.

PAT said...

There certainly are some wonderful places to shop and visit in that area of Florida. I'll have to show J the lake photos, when he has a minute.

Pat

The Berry's Patch said...

I would go broke in that place! Too many cute things.

Anonymous said...

The pictures look like shopper's heaven. Everything was beautiful and beautifully displayed.

Yes, I do like your new necklace and earrings. The color is wonderful.

Bahama Shores Mama said...

Thank you for putting more "shops" on my must do list. Between you and Kim's pictorials, my list gets longer and longer :)

Deserae said...

Wow... what a wonderful shopping destination!!!! I could spend all day there and go home totally broke!!!! LOL..I see you got to hold that wonderful little Maggie and spend time at Daisy Cottage again too! Lucky girl :o)
~Des

Mrs. B said...

Hi Rhoda! Looks like you had such a fun day! I love that shop. What a great bargain on that pretty necklace and earing! And that pie looks so yummy!

Shirlee said...

What a wonderful shop. I can see spending hours in there looking at everything. Hope you had lots of time for taking it all in.
The tea house looks charming too and the Chocolate Silk pie...yum!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Oh wow...I was drifting along quite happily viewing the beautiful sights and then you showed the desserts. Unfair. Totally unfair. I just ate dinner, I'm full to the gills and now I'm wondering where I can find something half as yummy as one those confections to satisfy my sweet tooth. lol I think I'll burst at just the thought of it!

Kari

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Thanks for the little shopping and lunch tour. . . fun and yum!!

We're going again in a few weeks too. My hubby has a conference in San Antonio, TX that he has been asked to teach at again. . . so I'm going along with him :) . I think I'll take our 14year old and we'll sight-see while he works LOL.

Blessings,

Sher

aimee said...

You have the best adventures! I love seeing your pictures.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely inspiring pictures!!

Anonymous said...

The set of bird prints are fabulous, I love them!

Unknown said...

I loved looking at all of those lovely photos!

Rhondi said...

Hi Rhoda.
You were so lucky to get to spend the day with Kim, and what a wonderful shop she took you to. The little tea room you had lunch in is adorable and oh the food looks good too!
I am sure that if we could spend time with our blogging friends we would find out just how many kindred spirits we have!
Glad youhad such a great time!
Hugs, Rhondi

Donna Lynn said...

Hi Rhoda,
You girls looked like you had a blast together! That store is just amazing too, love the glittery light fixtures, felt like you posted that just for me! :)
I will have to go visit your friend too...
Bless you this week!
Hugs, Donna Lynn

kari and kijsa said...

We are in love!! What a fabulous place to spend hours!!! Everything looks enchanting!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

Rhodie, your pictures are wonderful!! Don't you wish we could go there today??
Be here at 9:30! ;-)


xo,
Kim

Wanita said...

What great places you visited with your friend. Your photos are wonderful.

The necklace and earrings are beautiful ~ I love the color.

Sweet Designs said...

Wonderful photos! I am glad you had such a great time with a fellow blogger, nothing better than finding a new friend with similar interests!

Andi said...

Oh my goodness Rhoda! You were 10 minutes from my home!!! Isn't the Barn and Stable wonderful? I've actually done a post on them before on my blog. I always find something there that I just can't live without. Your necklace and earrings choice is lovely.

Tomorrow my girlfriend and I are meeting for lunch at Lavender 'n Lace...another of my favorites...which I've also done a post on. I always order the same thing...the crunchy chicken...it's wonderful! And I agree the deserts are so yummy.

Kim just lives in Lakeland and I'm here in Winter Haven and we've never met. I'm certain she'll attend Mayfaire this weekend. I keep thinking I'll just run into her and introduce myself.

We've just returned from Nashville. I'll have to read backwards all your posts. Perhaps next time you come this way we can meet for lunch or dessert. So glad you had fun in Florida.

sheila from life @ #17 said...

I'll take 1 of everything, please :)...except dessert...I'll have 2 of each of those :)

Picket said...

Hello friend..beautiful post...I loved....loved..loved all that 'eyecandy'! Ohh what treasures you saw! Hope you have had a beautiful day.

Kristi said...

I love everything, but especially love the pic of you with the dog!

Rosemary said...

Hi Rhoda,
It looks and sounds like you two had a wonderful time.
It's so nice that you can visit with Kim.
Love your new jewelry!
Have fun working on your patio,
Rosemary

Free Art Printables said...

Oh great stuff! I love everything! I love the new background too!
Jen R

Anonymous said...

What fun! So many marvelous places to get lost in and relax. Beautiful!

Amber said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hi! I've enjoyed taking a look around yours as well. :) Love this fun shop and tea room. Looks like it was a fabulous day. And those desserts! Oh, I have a weakness for sweets!

Rue said...

Hi Rhoda :)

What a wonderful place to shop. I could've spent hours in there! It's so beautiful in that part of Florida. I really had no idea until I started blogging. Thank you for sharing your time there with us and that picture of sweet Miss Maggie ;)

hugs,
rue