Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What's your VERY FAVORITE thrifty find??

Girls, it's party time...here's your chance to share your very favorite yardsale/thriftstore/estate sale find EVER. Even though I could have chosen any NUMBER of wonderful things that I've found while yardsaling and thrifting over the last 10 years or so, I think for me it has to be this piecrust table that I shared with y'all earlier this year. It was one of those things that I just stumbled upon out yardsaling that called my name. Even though I really couldn't afford the $75 that was the asking price at the time, I dug deep and bought it anyway and I'm so glad I did. Since I love older furniture SO much, this piece is a treasure. and even though it didn't come from my family, it will be part of our family from here on out.
I was not fortunate enough to come from a family (on either side) that had fine, precious antique pieces, but didn't let that stop me. Buy someone else's family history! This is one of those pieces that I'll treasure always.
They just don't make furniture like this anymore....well, they do, but certainly not for $75!
One of my very faithful blog readers, Kathy in the Boston area, who doesn't have a blog wanted to play along too, so I'm sharing a pic from her house. She found this beautiful hutch for $75 at a sale and treasures it too. Great score, Kathy! For those of you who pay attention to wall colors, Kathy's color is Ben Moore Beach Glass, a very popular light blue.

One of my real life friends in Georgia, Judy, sent me these 2 pics of HER favorite finds. The tole tray was purchased from The Bunnie's Bungalow (sweet Debra) and now graces the wall of Judy's kitchen. Not sure how much this beauty was.

And Judy found this $75 trunk, now a fabulous coffee table, at an antique store in Georgia.

Another of my very sweet readers, Sheila in Florida, sent me these pics of her very favorite china pattern, Hunting Scene, made by Coalport and Wedgewood. She got an 8 place setting closeout set at an antique store for $200. That sounds like a great deal to me.

Please! No one else send me anymore pics now. I can't go back and keep editing this post all day. We'll all just have to enjoy all the links. I'm SO excited to see all these links already and SO happy that so many of you wanted to play. Yipppeeeee!

Now, how about you?! I can't wait to go and visit all of YOU to see what your favorite find of all time will be! Just add your link to Mr. Linky and we'll all be by to visit. The party officially starts on Thursday a.m., but we'll all need time to add links. All you need to do is go to your specific post that you want to link about your yardsale find (not JUST your blog URL)....right click & highlight that posts's URL, then come here and add your blog name AND paste that URL right there on Mr. Linky. And don't forget to post a link from your party post back to THIS post so that everyone can come and join the party!

That's it...Let the party begin!



Thankful Thursday Participants
1. http://whistlestopcooking.blogspot.com/
2. http://thebunnysbungalow.blogspot.com/search/label/rhoda%27s%20thrifty%20party
3. http://diane1876.blogspot.com/2008/07/garage-sale-rugs.html
4. bobbie
5. linda t
6. 3Cheers4Mom
7. Mod Girl
8. Sharon
9. Bailiwick Designs
10. Nesting Instincts
11. a day in the life of bella
12. Angela-The Painted House
13. teresa
14. Sue
15. msjackiesjunque
16. Rose
17. nikki_crumpet
18. http://theblessednest.blogspot.com/2008/08/favorite-yard-sale-find.html
19. Blanca
20. We are THAT family
21. http://gracioussouthernliving.blogspot.com/2008/08/favorite-thriftyard-sale-finds.html
22. Rhonda
23. Kimba
24. http://shorechic.blogspot.com/2008/08/favorite-thrift.html
25. Angie
26. Cameo
27. Feels Like Home
28. http://sanctuaryart.blogspot.com/
29. Mrs. B
30. http://sassygalglamour.com
31. Beverly
32. Jeanne
33. http://howtokeephouse.blogspot.com/2008/08/rhodas-favorite-junk-store-find-party.html
34. Darlene
35. http://danamooredesigns.blogspot.com/2008/08/share-your-finds.html
36. Backyard Neighbor
37. Marie
38. http://www.abeachcottage.typepad.com
39. http://southernlady-nancy.blogspot.com/2008/08/its-thrifty-party.html
40. Judy Clark
41. Picket
42. Alyce
43. Becky
44. Dana of The Stone Rabbit
45. sisters Christina & Victoria
46. http://thedavisfamilynwa.blogspot.com
47. Michelle
48. Southern Lady
49. Rachel
50. ceekay
51. Monkey\'s Momma
52. The Style Sisters
53. Strawberry Blonde
54. Melissa
55. Rue
56. The Berry\'s Patch
57. Cara
58. Gabrielle Mader
59. bj
60. Our Cozy Nest
61. pat griffith
62. Nikki\'s Nacs
63. Cindi from This is My Life"
64. Cindi from "This is My Life"
65. http://inpassionatepursuit.blogspot.com/2008/08/yard-sale-partyyipee.html
66. Ginny
67. Holley
68. Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville
69. Dena
70. Simply Saving
71. http://athomeingeorgia.blogspot.com/2008/08/i-guess-there-is-party.html
72. Karen
73. Tausha
74. paintergal
75. Candace at The Sale Rack
76. Cheryl
77. http://chaionthefly.blogspot.com/2008/08/favorite-thrifty-find.html
78. Maureen
79. http://ourcompletefamily.blogspot.com/2008/08/so-there-is-party.html
80. Jessica Leigh Photography

Learn more about Thankful Thursday here.

Get The Code

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

77 friends stopped by:

nikkicrumpet said...

I am such a blog newbie I hope I can make this work...but I'm gonna run and take a picture and give it a go...no laughing if I screw it up!

Unknown said...

Hi Rhoda,
I will be out of town tomorrow so I went ahead and posted early.

Your piecrust table is a classic beauty! It looks wonderful in your photos and blends with your other furnishings so well. I would say that you did real good!
Thanks for hosting this...I look forward to visiting all the links late tomorrow!

Kathy,
I love your corner cabinet! It looks great in your home. Thanks for sharing,
Diane

B. said...

I LOVE that table... it is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so glad I decided to take a peek before I settled down to watch the Red Sox...thank you Rhoda for including me. I remember your post about your table...love it !!! I so agree there is something extra special about old pieces !!

I can't wait for tomorrow :) and thank you Diane for your kind words !!

Kathy :)

linda t said...

Thank you Rhoda for giving us the opportunity to post about our favorite thrifty find!!
You are the sweetest thing ever!
Love YOUR favorite find!
Gee, I love ALL your thrifty finds!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Rhonda,
If you visit me, you will see my Favorite find and the little story behind it. :) I'm still trying to figure out the "link thing" . Sounds, easy???? I hope you can see my FIND.!!
Have fun with your Favorite Finds tomorrow.
Warmly, Deb

Think I'll buy some decopage :) DId I spell that correctly? Is there a spell check for comments :(

3CHEERS4MOM said...

Hi Rhoda, Oh what fun! I went to the auction last night and wrote about it this afternoon. I just bought a set of nesting tables, so I guess that would be my favorite right now, but the French auction is in 3 weeks, I guess I’ll have to give up Starbucks until then for extra cash ;).
P.S. I love reading about your fab. finds! –Cheers, Amy

BailiwickStudio said...

I like your little table. My Grandmother had one quite similar except it had two tiers, and it broke when I had it in storage for a while. I practically cried when I saw it! ::Jill

Courtney said...

Rhoda...thanks for hosting such a fun party...right up my alley! the table is really beautiful. :-)

Legacies For You said...

Rhoda, Thanks for visiting my blog the other day. I'll be at an auction all day tomorrow and will post tomorrow evening. Might find something new that turns into an immediate favorite! Your piecrust table is lovely and is similar to a smaller one that belonged to my husband's grandmother. I too love to collect "new family heirlooms!"

angela | the painted house said...

I just coincidentally posted about some recent junk buys. What a fun party! Thank you!

And that table is beautiful! I am so not beneath buying other people's history!

Blogger said...

Hi Rhoda, your table is really sweet, isn't it? I can see why you love it so much :)

Thanks for hosting this party, I will be back in the morning to check out everyone else's treasures!

Bella

Missy Wertz said...

I love the piecrust table! That is a beauty and a find. I will be embarrassed to post the infant pumpkin seat. I think that might be the only think I have from a yard sale! I will have to check around...

Maybe, since I have read your article and all, I can go yard saleing one weekend. I learned a few things. The main thing is to sweetly ask with smile on face, "Will you take less?"

Unknown said...

Rhoda, great idea!

I am sorry I didn't have time to get a post up with one of my many ys finds. My house is full of them. Including free curb side shopping items!

Good idea about spreading the word about the deals that are to be had out there.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a blog but do plan on making me one in the near future. As my DH tells me, right now I have TOO many irons in the fire to have one. ;) Anyway my favorite thrift store find was the bench for 5.00. I've yet to cover it, but do plan on recovering it one day.
I do LOVE your blog by the way! I've been looking at it for 2 days now and I do think we're family! LOL We have SOOOO MUCH in common in liking thrift stores and garage sales and a bargain. ;)
Here's a link to my bargain bench.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Rose4843/Bargains/Dsc00273.jpg
Rose

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Rhoda, What a gorgeous antique table! I would love a table like that! But then again, your entire home is just beautiful! :) This should be really fun to see everyone's fav finds--Thanks for setting it up!
Blessings,Stacey

nikkicrumpet said...

Rhoda...I'm not sure I did this right...and I'm positive I didn't do the link correctly on my blog...I'm such a DUMMY! This blogging thing is still really new to me and I don't know any of the tricks. Please forgive me if I goofed it up. And any kind soul who can teach me how to do the link from my site correctly would be greatly appreciated.

Judy said...

I decided on my favorite of the moment (kinda like flavor of the month!) so I've posted it tonight. I also posted my dining room sideboard because I love, love, love it even though it came from an auction.

Can't wait to see everyone's favorite find!

Judy

Tausha said...

great idea! I have to think on this one! I will link tomorrow.
That table was so worth what you paid!
Love those garage sales!!!

Kimba said...

Hi Rhoda,

I hope you don't mind that I recycled an old post for this party. But it's truly my favorite yard sale experience ever.

And most of my good thrify finds are still in boxes in the garage. :-)

Kim

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Rhoda, I may have tried to knock you over to get to that AMAZING piecrust table first. (OK, not really. I read that newspaper article about you and I think you could take me in a yard sale duel ;-)

Kathy...$75 for that hutch? Fantastic!! I'm glad you could play along, too. :-)

Looks like another day of blog partying for me. I'm going to need a vacation!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Oh Rhoda, I do apologize! I think I have gone overboard! It was so hard to narrow the selection down, and I believe I posted too many! Hope it doesn't bore everyone! :)

Love your table! The curved lines are so pretty! Thanks for hosting this event! ~Rhonda

Angie said...

Hi Rhoda,

What a gorgeous home you have...wow!! Thanks for hosting this..I love touring everyone's blogs! It is such a great way to meet everyone!

~Angie

Ms. Tee said...

Oh, I love yard sales and thrift shops, and your little table. :)
I just added you to my reader so I can keep up with your finds!

Ashley said...

I have been lurking for a while. I love all your beautiful things. I am new to Mr. Linky, and messed up my first attempt, with no knowledge on how to fix it. So sorry. I love your table and your blog.

Mrs. B said...

Hi Rhoda! What a fun idea! Can't wait to see everyone's thrifty finds! And of course, your pie crust table is one of my favorites!

Unknown said...

I'm fairly new to you but I'm so in love with your decorating style! That table is such an amazing find! It's absolutely gorgeous and I'm glad you snatched it!

Your friend also scored too! What a lovely find and that blue is so pretty on her wall. You know me and color, I couldn't help but notice;-)

Sorry I didn't get my little yardsale find done last evening. I really wanted to join in too but I was not feeling well and went to bed early.

But I'm up with you to tour around to check out what everyone else has found! Thanks for taking the time to do this, I know I'll enjoy!

Have a GREAT DAY!

Sue said...

Good morning Rhoda.
Such a fun party. I've been around visiting some of your guests and have enjoyed their finds. Just posted mine. I stopped by last night and read yours and love your table.
Hugs,
Sue

Darlene said...

Oh, that is a beautiful table. You are definately the diva with your finds. Thanks for having the party and inviting all of us......

Marie said...

I can't wait to check out everyone else's links! Thanks for hosting!! :o)

Anonymous said...

hi Rhoda

love your table, delicious photos and goes so well with your style, I remember one very similar...

I've joined in the party and have not had much time today to blogsurf all the other participants, I have this earmarked for tomorrow morning with a nice LARGE coffee

Sarah

Nancy Rosalina said...

Mornin Rhoda, I have joined the party! Thanks for hosting such a fun post! Love all your finds, that table is a jewel! Hope you have a great day. nancy

Anonymous said...

Rhoda, thank you for hosting today's fun, best "find" day. Your pie crust table is wonderful. I had one that fell over and broke the top beyond repair. I still had the legs and my father put a new top on the legs. A work of art, I'll show it sometime. In today's market your table was a great find. Lucky you girl!!

I love your friend's hutch as well. It was great that you could feature her lovely find.

Have a great day, Jeanne

Picket said...

Hey girl...count me in...I loved that table and I am looking forward to seeing what everybody else has...this is a great idea!

Becky said...

Hey Rhoda, thanks for hosting the party. I enjoyed being able to participate. I love the piecrust table along with everything else in your home and all the ideas you give us. Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

How fun, I enjoyed doing this post.
Great Idea! Dana

Christina said...

Hi Rhoda-I think this is my first time commenting, but I am a die hard lurker here. Really enjoy your posts and all the goodies you find. The pie-crust table is lovely.

My sister and I share a blog and I linked to a post that she wrote about her daughter's room and the beautiful bed she found. There is also a link to one of my favorite finds.

I have been enjoying all of the links!

Blogger said...

I have visited everyone's site, except Judy Clark, her link is not working.

Great party, Rhoda!

Bella :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

I'm SO happy to have such a great participation in this yardsale/thrifting party! Thank you ALL so much. I'm almost finished making the rounds...just a few more to go.

Bella, Judy is my friend in Atlanta & I added her pics to this post. She is blogless!

Thanks again ya'll for the great participation!

xo,
Rhoda

Anonymous said...

Rhoda, to answer your question, no. I did buy her to sell at the time I was selling antiques, but I couldn't part with her. I always tell my dh, If I am hungry, I'll sell. I hope I'm never that hungry. Smile
Jeanne

Southern Lady said...

Hi, Rhoda ...

This was such a fun idea and I appreciate you taking the time to invite us to participate.

Your piecrust table is absolutely exquisite and is truly a treasure. I'm sure you whispered an "Oh, be still my heart!" to yourself when you saw it and it's price tag!

I just finished posting my "Favorite Find," and am looking forward to seeing everyone else's treasures.

Thanks, again ...

Janie

Alyce said...

Thanks, Rhoda, for hosting this great party. I am having fun reading comments on my blog (thanks for leaving one) and also seeing all the other great finds!

Michaelle said...

I wrote a post about an awesome yard sale find a while back, so that is what I posted. I hope you all like it! Love your blog!

The Style Sisters said...

How fun! I have found many things at thrift stores and just did a blog on it yesterday. Thank you for letting us put all of our finds on here. You are the best!!

Karin

Anonymous said...

I love a good party! I just updated my bloggy with some things I love in my home. Thanks for hosting. Didn't realize you were in my neck of the woods. I'm a little south of Bham. :)

-- Brandi

j said...

OOOH! How long will this be up? I would like to play along but I have a 300th post thing scheduled for tomorrow. Doh! I may just sign up and play this weekend.

What a great idea!!

Jen

Shannon said...

Oops!! Sorry I got your name wrong. It won't happen again I promise. :) Thanks for correcting me.

Anonymous said...

I remember when you posted about your table, Rhoda. I loved it then and I still do :-) You do know how to get those bargains! The items your readers/friends shared are wonderful, too! I loved all of them. The corner cabinet was wonderful, as was the trunk and the dishes! It looks like you had alot of folks sign up for this thrifty share! Fun, fun!!!

Rue said...

Hi Rhoda :)

I hope I'm not too late to play along.

You know I love that piecrust table :)

hugs,
rue

bj said...

Rhoda...I am so slow getting around...will it be ok if I post my favorite thrifty find tomorrow (Friday)?? I just GOTTA get in on all the fun, ya know...
You are so sweet to do this fun thing...Many thanks...
And, that table is to die for!!
love, bj

Gabrielle Mader said...

thanks so much Rhoda..i left my link today...I can't wait to browse everyone's site to see the great deals.

PAT said...

Hi Rhoda, I'm enjoying the party. We've had a very busy couple of days, running here and there.

Although I didn't get in on the party, I posted about one of my favorite finds, in a post about J's Aunt Ruth, today.

Love that piecrust table. Kathy and Judy's finds are fabulous, too!

PAT said...

Sorry forgot Sheila. Told ya, it's been a busy couple of days! I love her find, also.

Neutral Dwelling said...

Your table is quite lovely! Great purchase!

Kristen said...

What a fun idea Rhoda! Thanks for letting me play along!

Carry Grace said...

This was fun! Thanks for hosing this!

Mary said...

Oh Rhoda, I missed posting for the party, but I sure had fun visiting everyone and seeing their treasures!

Congratulations on your feature in the newspaper! I read it and loved it. You are truly a yard-sale diva!
xoxo,
Mary

Free Art Printables said...

I love that table and I think it is such a great find! Jen R

The Berry's Patch said...

Hey Rhoda,

Your table is absolutely gorgeous. I love the detailing. Your so nice to post other pictures for the people that don't have a blog. They have lot's of great finds too.

Are you partied out yet?

Brandee :-)

Ginny’s Lazy B Ranch said...

I am a blog newbie, also, and I ran out of time today. I had already posted a blog picture of my chair, so I just added a little info.

windycorner said...

Hi Rhoda,
Better late than never. I just did a mad dash through the entries and they are great. Can't wait to go back when I can take my time.

Pink Slippers said...

I missed the party. Oh well. Next time maybe. I do love your table. The details are gorgeous. I agree with buying other peoples history. It works for me so I can enjoy the "pretties" of the past.
Wendy

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Good ones! I love this post! And I look forward to a thifty sale in our future. Mine is late, but better than never?





Come and see me ya'll!

Missy Wertz said...

Rhoda, I found something and I took a photo and posted it!!! Thanks for hosting this party! Now I am inspired to go find a yard sale or go to a thrift store (now I do go to thrift stores from time to time... I just do not like to go with a 10 yo in tow. She was fun when she was younger, but not right now...LOL!)

I bet you are in Gadsden working your way up the highway in the Worlds Longest Yard Sale! Can't wait to see photos of what you see and bring back.

Dena said...

Hi Rhoda,

What a fun party!! I can't wait to visit all of the sites and check out everyone's treasures :) I love your table, what a wonderful find!

Hugs,
Dena

Anonymous said...

I added a post about all the fun Disney items I've been picking up for our upcoming trip.

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Well Rho, I had no idea you were thrifty blogging today! LOL

I'll have to come back and browse when I have time.

BUT!
I just saw your post about your newspaper article with you showing your garage sales techniques! LOL
I love watching you or anyone else, in pictures. :)
Congrats, the article was really wonderful.
Donna

Unknown said...

I'm gonna try to get a post up on this early next week--in hopes I find some really awesome new stuff this weekend!! If not, I've got plenty of fabulous junk in my house to post about.

What a great post, too! So excited to go visit everyone!! Thanks Rhoda!

Sue said...

Hi Rhoda,
That was some party that you had yesterday. It was the first time I've participated in one of these and it was a blast. So fun getting around to visit several new bloggers. Thanks for sending so many of us around to visit eachother. I wonder if other folks site trackers were high. Mine recorded my second highest visitor count ever. Hope everyone had as much fun as I did.
Thanks again,
Sue

A Hint of Home said...

I love your pretty table and your other pieces. Antiques are very special.

Justabeachkat said...

What fun! Sure wish I could play along, but I just can't right now. Too much going on and my computer time is so limited.

I must apologize. I've been a bad blog friend. My days just have flown by and I can't seem to keep all the "balls in the air". But I'm trying. That's what counts, right?

Hugs!
Kat

Ms Jackie's Junque said...

Rhoda, thanks for your kind comments on my blog and THANK YOU for hosting the party! I can't wait to see what you will be painting green!

paintergal said...

I just started my blog today, so I hope I can figure out what to do here!

Joy said...

I don't know you--- but I missed the coolest blog party on the block!!! DARN IT!!! Do it again soon!

Maureen said...

This was fun. I took my picture right away, but hadn't gotten to posting until today. Thanks for doing this. I had fun checking out the finds.
Maureen

Our Complete Family said...

What a F-U-N hosting idea you have done here on your awesome blog! First of all, I LOVE your table~ It is gorgeous! I have really enjoyed looking at, and reading stories behind, all of the folks finds. Loved it! Happy Monday to you, Rhoda! Leslie

The Runyans said...

these are my finds for today. . . i love your blog!