Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fall Inspiration

Fall photos near Franklin, NC, taken by Dot R. (my cousin's wife in Florida)

It's still quite warm here in the South and I'm not quite ready for Fall yet, but Melissa over at The Inspired Room is hosting a Fall festival of decorating ideas, so I thought I'd participate. Maybe some of the festivities will rub off on me and I'll get in the mood for some Fall decorating at my house. These photos are all from BHG.com and I really loved the feel of them. Something about the white is very soothing for a different twist on Fall. If I do get some pumpkins for Fall, they will be white. I really don't go crazy with a lot of decorating in my house for the autumn months, but save it up for a big show at Christmas.
Simple white pots with green moss and pinecones add a simple appeal to a mantel.
This black and white pumpkin is oh, so chic, sitting atop a black pedestal. Very elegant!
Simple acorns and leaves are probably stamped onto pillowcases for a little bit of Fall in the bedroom.
And tied wheat stalks are a nice touch for a tabletop.

Go and check out all the other links to Fall nesting ideas and see what inspires you this year. Happy Fall, it's just around the corner!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

57 friends stopped by:

Blogger said...

I'm a huge white pumpkin fan...I got a pretty one at Kohl's last week, but I am still on the hunt for the Dollar Tree ones, lol ;)

Can't wait to see your house at Christmas time!

Bella

Anonymous said...

of course, I love white decorating, and with the fall stuff it seems to work really well, something pure about the looking forward to the winter months

oh I can so understand being a simple fall decorator all ready for the big whammy at Christmas...holiday decs are just so magical until the time when you need to get them down lol

I love the tied wheat, such a simle harvest style and right up my street

Sarah

Anonymous said...

I just do the hearth room and kitchen area, for Fall. Like you, I like to save my energy for the big show at Christmas!

Our hearth room area seems to lend itself to fall decorating, more than other areas. I did do a tad bit in the dining room for my friend's visit last week. I love the white pumpkins and like Bella, I keep checking Dollar Tree for the white ceramic pumpkins, Susie Harris posted about a couple of weeks ago.

I do love Fall and enjoy what little bit I put out. I joined Melissa's nesting parade, too. I'm love seeing what everyone is doing.

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Count me in as a fan of the white pumpkins! I love falls colors too though. :)

Caren said...

I'm not quite ready for the fall decorating yet either. I really do like that white and black pumpkin though. I think I'm going to do some apple decorations for September and move into the pumpkins and Halloween for October. I'm REALLY looking forward to this Christmas, my new house will be so much different to decorate than my old house!

Kitty Scraps said...

I'm with you Miz Rhoda, I'm not ready for fall decorating yet, it's just too early for me but I love all the eye candy pictures *smiles*
Have a wonderfully blessed week!

nikkicrumpet said...

Sometimes it's the simple things that have the biggest impact. I love those stamped pillow cases!
Have a Terrific Tuesday...and thanks for the inspiration!

Marie said...

What beautiful photos! As ready as I am for fall to arrive, I am NOT ready to decorate. It's just too hot to think about. :o) Are you getting lots of rain from Gustav? I'm getting prepared for Hanna now... bleh.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

It really is hard to get into the mood for fall decorating when it's still so hot out! If it hadn't been for Melissa's party, I wouldn't have even begun to think about it.

These photos are beautiful, Rhoda! I love the new trend toward white pumpkins. I might have to try a few myself this year. -Julia :-)

Trixi said...

Oh, my Rhoda, leave it to you to turn my rainy gloomy day bright and cheery. I am definitely getting ready for fall and those S.C. pictures are helping it even more.
Blessings,
Trixi

Kristi said...

Love the pics of SC - that really inspires me for the fall. Now that college football is in swing, bring on autumn!

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

Yes, yes - love the white pumpkins! They are simple, yet elegant. It's hot here, as well, but I am in the mood and will decorate little by little. Fun!

Darlene said...

I LOVE all of your pictures....I went ahead and linked for the party cause I posted a couple of Fall decorations today. Thanks for letting us know.

Anonymous said...

Morning, Rhoda! Oh, those fall photos are so beautiful. Wish we could have some of that beautiful color here on the Texas Gulf Coast, but no. I was born in Alabame and lived there until I was 13, so I do know about the gorgeous seasons. I kinda miss the leaves. I really like the little white pumpkin in the silver wine holder. I have some of those holders and must do something like this! Thanks for all your inspirations and pop in to see me sometimes.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Courtney said...

I am so with you, Rhoda. I love white - especially white pumpkins!! - and don't do a huge amount of fall decorating. I like to do a blowout at Christmas too! But all of these photos are absolutely lovely. Thanks for sharing the inspiration!

Kirstin said...

I love those pictures! The white pumpkin is so neat. I also love the fall outdoor pictures.

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Such pretty pics! I, too, love white pumpkins and the moss in pots was a great idea. I love to decorate for fall, but concentrate on certain areas--front door, mantel, sofa table, dining room.

Blessings,
Stacey

Frantic Home Cook said...

This is the hardest part of the year for me. When it's still August hot, but I'm pining for fall. Sigh. Beautiful ideas.

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I love fall, but the beautiful beach day (while I sit pouting at the computer) has me holding out for a few more weeks of warm weather. But I am happy to be baking again. :-)

I love your cousin's wife's photos. Lovely! And I think I can see myself going in for a white pumpkin this year. I've already made a note to add them to my seed planting experiment for next year!

Anonymous said...

Yep, it's really way too hot for me to even pull out my fall bin! Maybe it'll cool off in a few weeks (lets hope)!

Manuela

Terri Steffes said...

Beautiful! I love the white pumpkins!

Thanks for sharing!

Carry Grace said...

Love the inspiration. You are right it is too hot in AL for fall decor right now. I may do a little in Oct/Nov, but not much.

Lettered Cottage said...

Those wheat stalks look INCREDIBLE. I'd love to get some white pumpkins too...and I've been in the mood to decorate with burlap lately....doesn't that sound SO fall-ish too?

Layla
The Lettered Cottage

Beth at Aunties said...

Rhoda,
Do they print the BMG ideas in their magazine? I need to go look at my magazine again, and see if these ideas are inside, because if they are, I missed them... The fall ideas are so beautiful when posted by YOU.
The white pumpkins do add such a wonderful sense of elegance in a home and loved the pillow cases...
I also enjoyed the quaint fall picture taken in SC. Fall in the East is such a treat.
I hope Gustav is being kind to you...
Beth

Anonymous said...

Beautiful inspiration.. as Always Rhoda! You've inspired me, that's for sure!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Love the fall decorating! The wheat stalks are my favorite!
Carrie

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Hi Rhoda! I usually miss a lot of fall decorating because I wait until later in October. By then, the season seems to fly by and it is suddenly Christmas! It feels great to be getting inspired earlier this year so I can really enjoy the season! Feels like I've had summer stuff out since about April so summer is such a long decorating season!

Happy nesting!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

The autumn decorating bug hasn't got me yet, but all of these postings are beginning to get me. I just might need to get motivated.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

What great Fall inspiration! I have a silver urn/wine bucket...I may just have to borrow that idea! :) ~Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos there. I'm a big fan of these white pumpkins, I've never seen them here in the UK :( Still maybe I can get some seeds and grow them next year :)

Thanks so much for sharing these lovely fall photos!

Meghan said...

Fall is my fav time of the year to decorate.
Can not wait to break out the white pumpkins!!!
Altho. I bought one last year, for pennies on clearance after the season & by accident my little guy dropped it & it shattered.
O well.
On the hunt again this year!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Hi, I love the white pumpkins, they look beautiful. I laughed when y ou said you are dragging your feet. You of all people I would think, would have all kinds of fall decorating ideas swirling around that beautiful head of yours. You always have great ideas, so I guess we will have to wait for the big "Christmas decorating bonanza!!!!"
Blessings,
Debbie

Stacy said...

I love that white pumpkin!!!! Great pics!

~Stacy

Unknown said...

I love it all! I'm so excited about fall!

Teresa said...

I'm just loving all these ideas- isn't it fun sharing- Love the white pots with green moss-

Bo said...

Hi Ms. Rhoda...The scenic pictures are almost like Grant Wood art... I have been getting more in the mood to get out my fall decor...the only thing stopping me is most of it is in the attic over the garage and I need DH to help me... maybe this wk-end
;-) Bo

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos Rhoda! The white pumpkins have lots of class...they are really different!

I really like the new background on your blog! Looks very chic!
diane

Gretchen said...

As usual, your eye candy is fabulous!
Love the white and black pumpkin.

Ms. Tee said...

Beautiful! Love the pots with moss and the white stenciled pumpkin. I can't wait to see your house at Christmas, either! :)

Anonymous said...

Fall leaves already?everything is still green here in NE?! I love the pumpkin so elegant!

Donna said...

Love your fall decorations, Rhoda. I like to decorate with the white pumpkins too.

It's still warm here, but I'm ready for autumn.

Hugs,
Donna

Tonja said...

Hey Rhoda!
I love how beautiful your blog looks. I'm behind on blog reading, but, I have just read the past 3 posts and have been throughly entertained. Loved all the pics...that was some pretty kitchen! And, I love Big Lots,too. Sometimes you can find some really good picture frames, too. And the white decorating is wonderful. Love that stencilled pumpkin! I just may have to do that soon.

Suzann said...

I have become quite the fan of the white pumpkin. I hope to have many of them in my home within the next couple of weeks. Lovely inspiration photos. I will be looking forward to your Christmas decorating. Since I have fallen so in love with white decor, I'm hoping to truly have a white Christmas at my house.

Wendy said...

I'm getting in the mood for fall! thanks for the fun post.

MIMILEE said...

HEY RHODA!!

You sound like my kind of gal! I love a bargain and estate sales and thrift shops are my delight! Love your blog (I am a newbie at blogging) and I can't wait for more visits. I live about 60miles north of you.

So glad I found you!

MIMILEE<><

Ms. Tee said...

Thank you for the sweet comments you left! :)
I got the white ceramic pumpkins at Hobby Lobby, but they also have them at Kohl's, and at Target in a few weeks.
Have a great day!

The Berry's Patch said...

Hey Rhoda,

I got the Fall decorating bug now. My MIL is arriving this evening and I wanted to have it done by the time she arrived. Well, not done done but close. Anyway, I really want to buy some white pumpkins now. I absolutely love those pictures of the trees in the Fall.

Brandee :-)

Mrs. B said...

Hi Rhoda! I love all your fall inspiration! Those pictures of SC are just gorgeous! I can't wait for the trees to really start changing color!

A Hint of Home said...

Love all the Fall decorations and your new stool. I may go to Big Lot tomorrow. Love that store. Great bargains at times.

Anonymous said...

Great Fall Decor photos Rhoda! BHG is always a great source for inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing:)

Rue said...

Hi Rhoda :)

Those are some wonderful ideas! I was trying to think of something to do that wasn't "cheesy" for fall and you really inspired me :)

Thank you and hugs,
rue

windycorner said...

It's hard to believe that Fall is on the way. The white does look pretty and light and is a refreshing change. Beautiful!
Holley

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Love those pics - Fall is my favorite season for sure!

jill said...

Love white pumpkins ... so classy!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Beautiful photos!! :)
Thank you for the inspiration; I plan to decorate for autumn this weekend!
:)

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

I also love white pumpkins. I place them on my dining room table, just haven't gotten to that room yet!

Isn't that silver epergne just too lovely with the pumpkin?!?!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for sharing these lovely fall decorating ideas. Very beautiful - especially the white pumpkins!

Elizabeth