Monday, October 20, 2008

A Lodge Room

My friend, Debbie (you met her last year), who lives out in the country recently married off child #2 and is now officially an empty nester. She decided she wouldn't waste anytime in converting her son's upstairs bedroom to a guestroom, keeping the bunkbeds that her boys grew up on. One of these days, they will hopefully have some grandkids who will visit and this will be the perfect space for some kidlets to play. Debbie and her daughter, Tiffany, did a great job with making this a special little bedroom now, with a lodgey look that Smokie the Bear would be proud of . The main color in the room is Grape Leaves (a Behr color & on the same color strip as my laundryroom green, Grasscloth).
They did a brown accent wall and Tiffany used the trees in the blanket as inspiration for painting some trees on the wall. I thought that was a brilliant accent and a fun whimisical idea for the room. This old oak wall unit was transformed with 2 colors of paint.
And she took out the old dated glass that was in the doors and added beadboard. Great idea for an out-dated piece of furniture.

The bunkbeds got some new boy-friendly bedding with a bear theme.
You can see where the tree shape idea came from...the pillow sham. Isn't it the cutest?
She had no trouble finding lodge and camping signs in the stores. I love this one...don't we need one of these for our home too?
Canoe shelf and a teddy bear.




I loved Debbie's cute little lodge guestroom. And I'm sure when she has grandchildren, they will love it too! Hope you enjoyed seeing something a little bit different too that might give you some inspiration for a kid's room.
P.S. If you are 'following' blogs in Blogger and you enjoy my blog all the time, I would really love it if you would follow mine too. Thanks a bunch!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

52 friends stopped by:

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

What an adorable room! I love it!
The accent wall is just perfect! It makes a statement and is not "over the top" at all.
Love the bedding too!

Suzann said...

Oh my gosh! I am so in love with this room that I am squirming in my chair. You have no idea!!! Okay, first off, I have a 7-year old son and I have to do his room this way. It's a MUST. Secondly, I have this entertainment center that is completely functional in nature, but does not fit my style any longer. It has these glass doors that bug me. I NEVER thought of popping them out for bead-board. And I LOVE bead-board. I am happy dancing beyond words. Of course, I'm in the middle of a few other projects, but what's 2 more on the list. LOL.
I LOVE your blog and I AM a follower. I read you on my Google Reader, but I'll double check to be sure you are on my blogspot reader thingie too.
Thank you so much for this post - you have made my day!!!!

Stacey said...

That is darling! I love her forward thinking.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

What a cute room!

Trixi said...

I would love this look for my little man's room. I went with the camo theme but I love this.

Free Art Printables said...

Rhoda, That room is adorable! It's so cute, an actually it matches your blog!

Natalia said...

This is just too cute. I hope someday soon she has lots of little campers using that room!

I've left something for you on my blog ;-)

Justabeachkat said...

Very, very cute!

Hugs!
Kat

btw....I'll following you...come follow me.

Bo said...

What a cute and cozy room...even Goldilocks would like sleeping there! And you know I'm a "follower"...you are my guru!
;-) Bo

Salmagundi said...

Love the lodge room for her future grandchildren. Here in the Colorado mountains we see lots of grownup, very expensive lodge rooms. They are very beautiful overlooking the ski slopes!! Sally

Annie said...

Thanks for sharing this cute room! I have been considering re-doing my little boy's room in the lodge theme. This gave me some great ideas.

Oh, BTW....You were one of the firsts on my blogger list!

Cheri said...

Your friend did a great job on the "Lodge" room, how cute. Love your blog too and I read it all the time.

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Your friend did a great job on the lodge bedroom! Hope she gets some grandkids soon to enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Oh Rhoda how cute is that !!!

Did you have a nice time with your family ??

Have a great day,
Kathy :)

windycorner said...

So many cute ideas in one room.
Holley

Inspired Kara said...

I love the "stiching" on the trees. how cute would that be to do "patches" in a little nursery!!!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

That is adorable. My two boys have the same bunk beds, but they definitely don't look nearly that cute. :)

Fran said...

This is the most darling room! My boys would have loved having this room when they were growing up.

Fran

Tami said...

Cute and cozy looking!

Georgia Girl said...

This rorom is so cute! I love all the decor with this. It all intwines with each other.

Never knew what this follower thing was but I added me to yours. Love your blog Rhoda!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

What a great room! I am actually gathering ideas for my boys' bedroom and they both like camping, so this gives me some inspiration. I love the color on the walls!

Ms. Tee said...

Rhoda, this room is adorable! What a great job your friend did. I really like painting the oak cabinet - that really gives it a fun, updated look! :)

Susie Q said...

I need the 'bear' sign...that is my middle son's nickname that he has had since birth...he's 21 now and yes, he's still a bear when awakened...or sleepy, or hungry....but generally is the most charming young man on the planet!

Debra from Bungalow said...

That's a really cute room. Love that paint job too!
take care, DebraK

Unknown said...

It looks adorable! I love the trees she painted on the wall! How creative.

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

ADORABLE!! Wow, I always say it, but what a difference paint makes -- that wall unit looks amazing. What a great room!

Anonymous said...

This room is just absolutely adorable. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Unknown said...

What a cute room. I want to make sure my daughter sees this...she has 2 little boys!
Thanks for sharing!
Diane

Lady Katherine said...

What a wonderful and cute make over. I love the signs and trees and oh well everything

Cottage Rose said...

hello Rhonda; I just love what they did to the room. How pretty and sweet. Any one would love to stay in that room, I would. lol; She did great with the little touches and details. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs;
Alaura

KM Studios said...

wow..that accent wall really makes that room pop!!!
Great room!!!!

Tracy said...

That room is just precious. I love the color combos. Thanks for sharing it with us Rhoda. Have a great week!

shaybert said...

Oh my Rhoda! You just tell Debbie that I love that room. So fun! Is that Big Bear theme a remembrance of Big Bear lake in CA? Say hi from the Herberts, used to be at Shadow Mtn!!! One of these days we'll arrange for the twins to come minister out this way (SW MO) Blessings, Shay

aimee said...

The room is super cute! I love the paint choices and the hand painted trees. What fabulous ideas!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

That is precious , RHoda!

Picket said...

What a great room..my grandson would love this room! I have always loved bunk beds (guess cause I had 5 kids! lol) But I have seriously thought of buying some to make a bedroom for the grandkids...this room is just so cute with all it's little details and I love that bedding...great post girl...thanks for sharing such great ideas...have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Your friend Debbie is one talented woman. So glad she used her creative gift and decorated an adorable room just the way she desired. What big or little person wouldn't like hanging out in that room.
Enjoy following your blog, just down the road from you in Montgomery. Thanks for all you do to inspire us. Drop and visit me anytime.
Blessings-

Anonymous said...

This is soooo adorable! Thanks for sharing it with us! Patti

Anonymous said...

This room is fabulous! Your friend has fun taste and a great way with assembling it all. My little boy would be in heaven here, so I know those future grandkids will be as well.
~JEN

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! This is a great idea for a grandkids room! Cindy

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

This is really cute -- grandkids would love to stay at Grandma's in a room like this! I especially like the entertainment center re-do! It' looks great!

Bonita said...

Such amazing creativity! That room is just too cool for words.

Anonymous said...

That is pretty adorable! I would even love that in my own bedroom (I am the woodsey home owner).

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Great room! She will love the empty nest and the grandkids ;)

Jeauxdi said...

WHAT a snuggly room! I love the trees on the wall! TOO CUTE! Have a giggly night!

Anonymous said...

oooh Rhoda what a great job, fantastic room, I love the feature wall

what a great idea a lodge room is for the grandchildren

Sarah

Anonymous said...

This is my first visit to your blog. What an adorable room. I love it. It's so nice to see something with my colors, instead of pastels and pinks. Please stop by sometime. I am going back and red your blog.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Anonymous said...

Oops, that's what you get when you are in a hurry...I mean "read" your blog.

Stephanie said...

That is the neatest boys room! It would also be fun to have a room like that at a cabin. Thanks for sharing. Your blog is lovely!
Stephanie

Kristi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Gorgeous! The green walls look so pretty with the brown accents. And what a creative makeover for the cabinet...I love adding the wainscoting to make it look like a totally new piece.
Carrie

Decor To Adore said...

Oh this would be so sweet in a boys room as well.