Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Antiquing

There's nothing more fun to me than browsing antique shops, just to see what I can find that catches my eye. So, I went back to two of the shops that Kat took me to last May, Bienvenue and Smith's Antiques. I took a few shots to share with all of you since I know you enjoy it as much as I do. I loved this natural dried wreath with BELIEVE garland looped over it to look like peppermint candy. So pretty! This will get you in the Christmas spirit!

This pink and green combo is so pretty on the black rocker.
And of course, shells in glass always gets my attention.
A pretty toile pillow.
And I just loved this color combo with the shot of leopard print on the chair.
Blue and white dishes, so classic.
A black and white transferware platter was very pretty.
Does this look familiar?? Pricetag for only one was $350, it wasn't even a pair. This one was about the same size as my pair. I know I got a great deal on mine!
A pretty rustic blue door.
A REAL zebra rug.
Victorian birdcage.
I am really liking these Regency iron and glass tables. Love the shape of this one......
And this console table. Love it!
This paint finish was pretty with the caning.
Bunnies always catch my eye. Lamp and pillow.
Dressmaker form, anyone? And how about that pretty chippy blue shutter in the back?
Love this old door.
And this tole platter.
Graceful furniture lines.
Alabaster lamps.
More furniture
Toile and some old iron fencing.
And I stopped by another place I spotted called Scavengers. They had a mix of old and new.
Pretty little table.
And these colors together were just yummy!
Hope you enjoyed the day of antiquing. I've got a busy week with cooking for Thanksgiving and enjoying our company, but I'll come back and share my Thanksgiving table with you when I get it all figured out! I hope all of you will have a wonderful week of celebrating with your familes and eating some special food. Celebrate the season!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

32 friends stopped by:

Bo said...

Good morning Ms. Rhoda...
What???...you passed up that cute bunny lamp & that precious bunny pillow??? Yeah, I know...we only have so much room for our favorite stuff...LOL..Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! ♥ Bo ♥

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Looks like 2 fun places to visit! Thanks for sharing all the pics with us. Your blog is always fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda,

They both look like fun stores to browse! I love that green screen with the black diamonds.

So you have to cook this year? Is everyone coming to your house then? I'm also cooking - I actually like it when we eat out but then everyone complains about no leftovers! So I've been doing dinner for a few years now.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

xo,

Manuela

Unknown said...

Where are those stores, again? I am sure you told us before, but I must have missed it. They are awesome.

I hope to do some thrifting/antiquing around come spring. A few weekend trips are coming soon.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Gina

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Thanks for taking us on your hunt. Have a blessed Thanksgiving enjoying your family. :)

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Do my eves deceive me or does that apothecary jar of shells says $375 on it?? Oh MY...that's a lot of clams for some shells. :-) You'd be able to replicate it for under $5 with one good day of yard saling!

I looovvveee the Regency tables. I'd love that round one for my guest BR. It's perfect!

Thanks for taking us on the tour...I loved these photos! Antique window shopping has gotten even more fun now that there's blogs...we can travel across the country (world!) in one morning. :-)

Sometimes It's Good said...

I'd love to go through those stores. What beautiful things! I really like the black transfer ware plate. Isn't that kind of unusual?

Terri Steffes said...

Rhoda, such beautiful things! I love that you have such a great experience!

Mary said...

Great finds there Rhoda - I would need a truck to get several treasures home to NC!!

Glad our beach trip was fun - your friend's home is awesome!

Happy Thanksgiving.
Mary.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I love shoppig in Destin, Rhoda, it's always so much fun! My favorite mirror came from there.

XO,

Sheila

KM Studios said...

Wow
Simply love that birdcage!!

I dont own one-yet..lolol maybe one day.

Just dropping by to wish you the Happiest of Thanksgivings.

Lorilee said...

Rhoda,
I enjoyed browsing with you. I love Victorian birdcages,although I don't have anywhere to put one!
Blessings,
Lorilee

Stacey said...

Looks like decorator's shopping heaven.

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Ooooohhhh! I am in heaven seeing all these lovely treasures. I would do almost anything for that zebra rug, birdcage, and dress form...delicioso! Thanks for sharing.

Ally's Corner said...

Every time I go to an antique store everything is so experiences.
You'll have to tell me some good places in Atlanta.

Hopechest Bride said...

Thanks for the tour Rhoda. Love that green/black display.
Lisa

DESIGN BY CATHLEEN said...

Sounds as if you've had way to much fun!!! I love you energy! Thanks for the post... :-)

Designs on 47th Street said...

Antiquing is one of my most favorite things in this world to do. I really enjoyed all the pictures you took. Did I miss something or did you come home empty handed?!

Tonja said...

I've been to both of those stores in Destin and could have filled my car with treasures from both!

Glad you had fun. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Beautiful simply beautiful! I don't think I could get out of that store!

Lori said...

I love that console table too. I would have to go back and get it because I'd be dreaming about it. haha. I like to mix Regency & Modern styles together. It is very soothing to me.

Vanessa Greenway said...

So beautiful!! Love it! I love antiques, the dressmaker is gorgeous! :) Vanessa

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

LOts of eye candy! Did you purchase anything?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shop. I saw several things I would love to bring home!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ms. Tee said...

I really like the peppermint garland - that's so cute. I haven't ever seen anything like that before. And I *really* like that pretty toile pillow. :)

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Sandi McBride said...

I just don't know where you find the time! I have a store here (The General Store) that would strike your fancy! Full of wonderful old things...I have to slip off from Mac to go browse...and more!
hugs
Sandi

Nancy Rosalina said...

Hi Rhoda, I enjoyed the trip...I love that console table!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Nancy

Susie Q said...

So many pretties! I love that old blue door. I would have loved to snap that up...where it would go I have no idea but I LOVE it!

Thank you fo rtakinbg us all along!

Have a sweet Thanksgiving dear Rhoda!!

Love,
Sue

Lady Katherine said...

How fun, love touring the shops with you! Love the Regency table, I will have to show hubby and see if he can whip one up for me, but I know he would rather just have an excuse to go to Destin. The color of the screen, reminds me of your day bed. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Looking forward to seeing your table.

Tara said...

Rhoda

What great finds here! I love the black and white transferware!

Hope you have a lovely holiday!

Glimpse of My World said...

WOW!! I would have to had made a haul on all those finds...

Love your blog.. ran across it today..

Grins!

Anonymous said...

Omg I just bought a set of 4 brown and white transferware plates just like that plate! do you rember what the price was just curious.
Great post!

Eddie