Monday, November 24, 2008

Beach Bum

I think I could officially become a beach bum, well part of the time anyway. There's nothing more relaxing than spending an afternoon on the beach. Shells are not abundant in this area of the Gulf for some reason, but I did mange to pick up a few cat's paws, which I think are so adorable. I have so many shell varieties now, I think I'll do a shadow box with their names and showcase a few of them.

We had a couple of good days that were warm enough to enjoy the beach and we did. We also managed to get by one of our favorite seafood restaurants, Dewey Destin, for some fried shrimp. It is without a doubt the best fried shrimp I've ever had! Kat and I went here last May when we were down there and we were hooked.
My honey walking on the pier while we waited for our food to come out.
There are always an abundance of birds hanging around hoping for some morsels. There are signs everywhere asking people NOT to feed the birds. You can imagine what would happen if they did.
Colorful umbrellas on the outdoor tables. You just can't beat this view anywhere!
And here's the shrimp basket...go ahead and drool, I know you want to.
So Kat set us up at their beach club and we had lunch here on the balcony one afternoon.
And looked at this view.
And then walked here....
Both directions hardly anyone in sight.
Except a few of these guys.
It is paradise.
Yep, beach bum....my new calling in life!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

31 friends stopped by:

Lady of the Mote said...

what a beautiful place!

Stacey said...

Oh that just looks so good to me. I love Destin!

Vanessa Greenway said...

That is a beautiful place and the food looks really good! Have a great week! :) Vanessa

"Blossom" said...

I wanta dog sit. We'll take turns, ok? Beautiful place.
blossom

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

What a beautiful place. I'm sure I need to visit there and eat some of those shrimp!

Kitty Scraps said...

Good Morning Miz Rhoda,
That looks like heaven! And those shrimp! I did drool!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Beautiful....a touch cool though, eh?

Man, Rhoda...you take pics of food like no other. I am now soooo hungry for fried shrimp...and it is not yet 9:00am!

Enjoy your beach bumming!

sandra/tx said...

I love Destin. Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

My late father used to have a condo at Destin Towers. Miss that place...used to run there and hide every year for my birthday. You see, if I was out of town on my birthday, it wouldn't find me and I wouldn't get older. LOL!

Birthday dinner was always at Louisiana Langiappe...

That shrimp looks extry good...and crinkle cut fries -- the best!

For good shelling, try Captiva Island... Tween Waters Inn on Captiva is quite charming. Cute cottages!

Terri Steffes said...

The shrimp looks fabulous! I haven't had breakfast yet!

Angie said...

My husband would move to the beach in a heartbeat if I agreed! We love Destin too and will hopefully go next summer.

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber B. said...

Looks like you really were in paradise! I love the beach in the fall--you can enjoy the beauty without the crowds! :-)

Thistledew Farm said...

I was drooling over the shrimp basket....yummy. Lovely pictures - it made me want to shell hunt! I enjoyed your blog - followed you from Kitty's.

bloggin' Chrystal said...

I guess I'm a dreamer beach bum because I'm wishin' I was right there with ya! It looks very different right now...Not at all the summer look (-all the beachers). For some reason it looks much more peaceful than in the summer. We may have to take a trip to the beach in the Fall one year rather than the summer. ummm wonder how that would go over the kids?

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Oh I love the beach too. Beautiful! Yes I am hungry for shrimp now thanks to you! :)

Unknown said...

What a lucky duck you are!

Such a beautiful place, I hope you are having fun...

Carry Grace said...

Ahh, the beach. I do love to go to Destin. We live in Lower AL so get to go pretty often. It's my favorite way to relax.

It looks like you had a wonderful trip, and I am drooling over that shrimp!

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Rhoda, it looks like you had a most wonderful trip. I'd dog sit anytime for that paradise too :)

Blessings,

Sher

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Oh Rhoda I am jealous that you are in Destin! We love Destin and really like Dewey Destins! I too could easily become a beach bum! My kids ask me, "why mom do we always have to go to the beach for summer vacation?" My answer...there's no better place!!

Justabeachkat said...

I'm so glad you and Peter had a good time here in "my" Paradise. We don't take it for granted. Every single day, we thank our lucky stars to be here.

Great photos!

Hugs!
Kat

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Rhoda, love those sugar sand beaches on Florida's west coast. Love you, too! Glad y'all had fun! Got to fly...

XO,

Sheila

Unknown said...

OMG--you're killing me with those yummy looking shrimp!

Sandy said...

yes rhoda, i could actually become a beach bum too! looks like a great time ♥

Lady Katherine said...

Destin is so wonderful! Hubby had to come take a look. He keeps three web cams of Destin, and checks them daily to see the weather,boats coming, ect. That shrimp was mouth watering!

Lori said...

Yummy. . .I live in Florida and I was ready to snatch that shrimp out from the screen! Great shots. . and oh by the way. . .was that your Dr. Pepper? We all know that it's a favorite drink of us Southern girls (next to tea). Do you put peanuts in your Dr. Pepper?

Natalia said...

I'm absolutely adding Destin to one my "must see" list!

Thank you so much for sharing your stay with us.

Lydia said...

Thank you for letting your readers tag along on your adventures. I enjoy your pictures so much, especially the pictures of the cottages you took earlier this summer. :)

Connie said...

What a beautiful beach and no one around. I love it! The shrimp looked great too! If we ever get down that way, we will need to check it out for ourselves. Connie

Pretty Organizer said...

You are one classy blogging lady! I'm a beach bum too.. only relocated to the desert..sniff...:(

Love your posts! What great holiday pictures you have! I'm heading back for another gander! Planning on returning again, and again, and again! I just LOVE Southern Hospitality!

Pretty Organizer

Sit A Spell said...

I actually shoveled my driveway yesterday...yes, I mean SNOW! So, those photos look really nice.
However, the snow really makes it feel festive! Guess I'll keep it : )