Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunset at the Beach


There is really no prettier place than the beach at sunset....the sand, the waning sun, and the ocean all come together for a beautiful crescendo.







I was trying to be artistic in this shot. I like it!






We got by Lulu's for lunch on the way back home. Fun, fun place! I had heard about it, but this was our first time there. It's owned by Lucy Buffet, Jimmy's brother and I read her story on her cookbook that is there in the restaurant. We had it all to ourselves too, but I imagine come the weekend, it's a different story. Lots of fun music playing in the background!

It sits right on the water next to a marina with the bridge in the background. We had the yummiest mahi tacos that were killer.

Goodnight from the beach and good-bye until next year!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

26 friends stopped by:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What lovely pictures, Rhoda! I enjoyed tagging along on your beach trip. ;-)

Interesting about Lucy Buffet. Will have to try that restaurant some day. Where exactly is it?

Everyone (me included) associates Jimmy Buffet with Florida, but I think he was actually born in Mississippi from something I read. But Florida claims him as their own. The beaches have his name permanently embedded on them.

Hope you have a beautiful Sunday. It's dawned cloudy/rainy here, but the joy of the Lord overcomes even the weather. Plus, the Gators are celebrating from yesterday! ;-)

XO,

Sheila

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful Rhoda! One of these days, J and I will head south for sunsets on the beach. I know we would enjoy!

Have a great week!

Justabeachkat said...

You captured the beauty of the beach very well. There's just nothing like having your toes in the sand, is there?!

Hugs!
Kat

Unknown said...

I love the beaches on the east coast and in the south! They are so lovely... such pretty pictures.
Good job!

~Liz~

Becky said...

All your sunset pictures are beautiful! Isn't LuLu's the best. Especially her fried green tomatoes. YUM YUM!!

Tonja said...

Great pics, Rhoda! I love beach pictures any time of the year. There is just not any prettier place to me. Glad you had fun!

"Blossom" said...

The sunset is so awesome.
I could just feel the sand
between my toes. So nice
to take those stroles on the beach;
my husband and I love to do that.
Thanks, for sharing.
So beautiful here in Indiana yesterday and today. Got fall window cleaning done. And cleamed house today and mowed the lawn.
Just sit down for a glass of wine; looking at your photos.
blossom

Lady Katherine said...

I have enjoyed watching your beach trip, the sunset is very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your trip with all of us. What could be better then sunset on the beach!

Deb said...

What a wonderful time at the beach Rhonda. Gorgeous sunset photos.

Jen said...

Just another day in paradise...arnt you glad you retired???// Loved the sunsets by the way!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Beautiful pics, Rhoda!

Suzann said...

Those photos are amazing. You and your hubby make quite a handsome couple.

Linda Merrill said...

Wow - that sand is so white I initially thought it was snow! Then I remembered, I'm in the one in cold New England - but your blog is "Southern Hospitality" - so, probably not snow!

Beautiful pics!

Nancy Hood said...

glad you had fun and got back safe and sound. we're planning to go north Sunday and are truly hoping to find cooler weather!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Wonderful photos of your vacation. Looks like a great time and I so love walking on the beach and collecting sea shells.
Deb

Unknown said...

Hi Rhoda,
Sunsets are beautiful anywhere...but on the beach they are truly breathtaking! You and your husband make a cute couple.

I love to go to Lulu's! Going at lunch in the middle of the week is a great idea!

I'm going to try to use Mr. Linky for a Trash to Treasure post on Tuesday....would love to have you participate. I know you have tons of stuff already published!
Diane

Charm and Grace said...

Took a bit of a blogging break and I have been trying to catch up. What a gorgeous post this one is. Your sunset photos are just fantastic... thanks for sharing with us! They made me realize how much I miss the beach; it's been way too long since I have seen the sun setting over the Gulf!

Blessings,
Christi

Anonymous said...

Beach and sunset! Can't think of a better combination.

Anonymous said...

hi Rhoda

oh what gorgeous pictures, the sand looks so soft, unreal almost...I really enjoyed seeing it even though I see the beach everyday, the beach here is very different

isn't sunset just the most beautiful time? we went to Key West a few years back and watched the sunset with jazz at the southernmost

Sarah

Free Art Printables said...

Great pictures Rhoda! You look beautiful!

Haley said...

Im from the beach (Orange Beach) and LULUS is one of my faves! They started as a hole in the wall and after the storm messed them up they moved to their new place. The atmosphere is great on the weekends!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda...Isn't Lulu's great! We flew down there not long ago so Johnny could eat at Lambert's since he didn't go with DD & I on our girl vacation but ate at Lulu's for lunch! Great place to go & we will eat there again for sure since it was only an hour & 50 minute flight from here. Glad you are having fun on the beach & can't wait to see your room all put together - know it will be smashing as everything you do is awesome! Bonnie

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Rhoda

These beach photos are stunning! Some of them should be enlarged and framed. I especially loved the color of the sky and the way the sand looked blue.

Hugs, Pat

Gabrielle Mader said...

Rhoda...where you in Gulf Shores. I passed by that restaurant on our way to Orange Beach. We where there in July. I think we will have to stop by and eat there next time. What I loved down there was...The Mellow Mushroom...good Calzone....yummers.

Sandy said...

Hi Rhoda, as I'm reading thru your posts,I'm reminded why I love to come here to visit - ahhh, always fun and refreshing!

Sandy