Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bordallo Bunny Dishes

IMG_4122

Several years ago, I started a collection of the green Bordallo bunny dishes. I know many of you share my love of these Portugal-made beauties, so I thought I’d let you know that right NOW is a great time to get out and hunt for them. TJ Maxx, Homegoods, and Marshalls all carry these dishes, as well as occasionally Tuesday AM and others. They are a wonderfully affordable dish collection and I’ve really enjoyed mine.

IMG_4124

I have several of them displayed over my sink on a little shelf. There are also cabbage pieces which coordinate with the bunnies and I have a few of those too.

IMG_4125

As well as stacked on my glass and iron rack on the breakfast buffet piece.

IMG_4126

They are the yummiest shade of green. I was in Homegoods this past week and saw several pieces that I already had…and a few that aren’t in my collection. This is the latest piece I found, a small pedestal cake plate.

IMG_4128

With a sweet little bunny in the middle. And it was completely irresistible.

IMG_4129

I’ve got many pieces of this beautiful Bordallo dishware, but there always seems to be room for just one more! This time of year offers the best selection, so if you need another dish collection or want to add to your current one, get out there and browse.

Stop back by on Monday for an update on the dining room project!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

26 friends stopped by:

The Blushing Hostess said...

I have - somehow - piles of cabbage plates which I love for setting a verdantly pleasant outdoor lunch table and as a service plate for outdoor teas. Lovely post - your collection is impressive. Be well - the Hostess

Gypsy aka Tam said...

Good Morning Rhoda,
You originally got me started collecting these dishes and I now have several of the pink and green cabbage dishes and also some of the green bunny dishes. My collection is not as extensive as yours but I still have plenty to create several different tables. If I had more storage I'd continue to collect but right now I'm at my limit. But that doesn't mean that my heart doesn't start to beat a little faster everytime I see them at the store. I LOVE them - wonderful post!
Have a wonderful Sunday,
Tam

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Rhoda, since I've just recently become a dish addict, and I just redid the DR in soft blue/green, I think some of these would be so great with all the new white dishes I've been collecting. Did I justify going dish shopping enough? Thanks so much for the tip, I do so love them and I would love to have a few. I really will go. Your collection is just wonderful, and your new cake plate is so pretty. Thanks for the heads up. Hugs, Marty

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

My mom and I were just in Homegoods this week commenting on how cute these were! I agree the shade of green is beautiful. Thanks for showing us your collection!
~Michelle

Terri Steffes said...

I think I will start looking for some of these. They are adorable!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

I am a new dish addict..and have picked up some of the green cabbage...but I saw Tam's pink (swoon)...and now I see you bunny... I must go look!!

Thanks for the heads up!

Susan

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Those are really pretty!

Anonymous said...

I did not see these in our TJ Maxx the other day. However, I saw a blue one at an antique store Friday. I should have bought it - the green will not work for me. You can also find alot of the pieces on Ebay. Maybe I'll look for some blue!

tina

Anonymous said...

You've really had a busy week, Rhoda, don't know how you fit everything in sometimes. The bunny dishes are great, I have a few myself and haven't yet had time to go see which ones are in stock this year. What is the wide plate on the shelf over your sink ... a platter, relish dish, or ???

I'm adding open shelves in my kitchen, now that the upper cabinets are down, but am concerned about putting collectibles on them. This is earthquake country, and every couple years we get one that's big enough to possibly knock stuff down. On the other hand, when the really big ones rumble through, stuff gets tossed from closed cabinets, so maybe it's not worth worrying about. And I'll take an earthquake over a hurricane just about any ol'time.

Your hubby did a great job choosing a dinner date venue. Ray and I are both drooling over the menu, as well as the music.

Hugs,

Victoria

Anonymous said...

Lovely!! Let us see more of your kitchen.
Jo

Lady Katherine said...

Love all your new bunny dishes. The bunny is so cute.

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

I love all the green bunny plates. I was at Marshalls today and they had bunny figurines that looked like they were wrapped in real colored foil and they were so cute!

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Love all the pretties! The dishes are to die for... wish I had your collection.
~Misti

Lori said...

I think the collection is darling. I love it. You have such great taste!!

Terri Steffes said...

Just went to TJ Maxx and found the egg plate for $13. I'll check Tuesday Morning soon.

Tardevil said...

I just bought that same little pedestal cake plate, but I put a cheese plate glass lid over mine. I love your collection!

Heathahlee said...

Those are the cutest dishes! I'm going to check Tuesday Morning this week!

Sweetie said...

I love these dishes...and have paired them with some of the old Martha Stewart ruffles plates....makes such a Springy wonderful party...don't you love gathering girls for spring?! We're having a fun luncheon Wednesday for just such an excuse to gather the girls!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Rhoda~ ~ ~What a lovely collection. I really love the bunny with the carrot. He has the most serious expression on his cute face. Not givin' that carrot to anyone.

Hazel Martin Designs said...

You are a woman after my own heart! I love those and could cover every square inch of my home with them! Thanks for sharing!

Coffee with Cathy said...

I love these, too. A couple friends and I always rush to TJ Maxx to see what's new and grab our favorites first, although I've noticed that lately there hasn't been much. Or maybe I've just been losing out to my faster-shopping friends!

Jennifer said...

this is too funny -- I saw these at HomeGoods on Monday and wondered if you had spotted them yet!

Christine said...

I love, love, love these dishes! I have found a lot of mine at TJ Maxx! I use some of the really pretty bowls in my fridge, believe it or not! I keep garlic in one, and some fresh fruits and vegies in them as well. I figured I could hid them in my hutch or use them daily and in all honesty the prices I get them for at TJ's why not! My fridge looks so nice when you open it up too! Thanks for sharing here...have taken a lot of idea here and used them as well. Hugs and have a wonderful day! =O)

imjacobsmom said...

I'm addicted to these dishes, too. My hutch is loaded! I adore your bunny - whereever did you find him?????
~ Robyn

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR RHODA,
THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO YOUR BLOG...I FOUND YOU THROUGH BARBARA..THE PURPLE GOAT LADY BLOG.....
I LOVE THESE DISHES.
I HAVE A LARGE COLLECTION OF WHITE MILK GLASS WHICH I SOOO LOVE....WOULD THE TWO OF THESE LOOK PRETTY TOGETHER?
I DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THOSE STORES IN MY TOWN SO I GUESS I WILL TRY TO FIND THEM ON LINE.
I LOVE YOUR BLOG
BLESSINGS
debbie

ps...congrats on that gorgeous rug you won
it looks beautiful in your entry way

Puna said...

These are adorable. I'm off to TJ Maxx now.