Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Romantic Valentines

Cafe Iz

When we were dating, Peter and I used to frequent some really nice restaurants in Atlanta and that was our normal thing to do. He was great about getting a date planned, the restaurant we’d eat at, as well as jazz music or a play afterward. It was always fun to look forward to. These day, we save the fancy meals for a special occasion and Valentines is one of those. My sweet hubby booked this dinner at Cafe Iz after he saw this special night advertised in the paper. They only do special events and this one was a 5-course dinner with live jazz music and we thoroughly enjoyed it, so I took some pics to remember it by. It was a sold out event.

IMG_4132

The lucky folks at this large table got a huge flower arrangement in the center of the table.

IMG_4147

The menu was just wonderful. I won’t bore you with all the course descriptions, but suffice it to say…I cleaned my plate on every one.

IMG_4137

This was the first course of corn soup and Caprese salad.

IMG_4138

2nd course of halibut sitting on a bed of lobster orzo. Can you say yum!

IMG_4139

3rd course was wild mushroom ravioli.

IMG_4143

A quick and blurry pic of my sweetie.

IMG_4144

4th course, beef tenderloin with spinach and fingerling potatoes.

IMG_4145

And dessert was raspberry torte (notice the heart-shape) and chocolate molten cake.

And yes, it was every bit as good as it looks! Hope you had a memorable Valentines too.

I've posted 2 today, so check out the post below also!


Stumble Upon Toolbar

30 friends stopped by:

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

It looks like fun!
We spent the evening at Joe's. We had a glass of wine and a wonderful Italian meal. There was a young girl playing violin.
The place was packed.

Maureen said...

The menu sounds fabulous Rho- we had an enjoyable dinner and evening out too- will have to get in an extra workout to make up for it! <3 Happy Valentine's Day.

The Blushing Hostess said...

I am glad it was a great time - looks delish!

Natalia said...

You had me at Lobster Orzo.


Happy (belated) Valentine's day!

What a wonderful valentine you have :)

-Nat

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

i remember eating out in atlanta...love the bunny dishes...i have missed you...happy valentines day a little late...rebecca

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lovely Valentines!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Looks fancy and wonderful! Your hubby is a cutie! This is the first time for me to see a pic of him.
I think it's sweet that the two of you could go out and have a nice time for V Day.
We spent our day babysitting and visiting Daddy, then we had a quiet evening at home, which was also nice.

Terri Steffes said...

Yummy! Isn't it fun? I know that there are people who think that Valentines Day is a Hallmark invention but hey, I like that we take time out to have a date with each other. Too much time goes by where we don't do these things!

Good for you!

Chanda said...

Everything looks so scrumptious and you are a beauty. I love youyr decorating style and I was inspired by you to join the Blissully Domestic Team. I love the dishes you have posted in the last post. Besides a flowwer freak I am a dish freak also. Self confessed.

Sandy said...

Oh Rhoda, it sounds LOVELY! Thanks for sharing w/us! Peter is lucky to have YOU! :)

Anonymous said...

Great picture! Sounds like a fun evening, but whoa! too much food! LOL

Our ideal valentine's day celebration is to stay in. I prepare something yummy, or we pick up something from a favorite place (this year I did lasagna and a yummy dessert). Candles, etc. Romance was in the air!

I'm a simple kinda gal, give me a picnic over a fancy restaurant.

Can't wait to see the dining room!

tina

Anonymous said...

is that place under the same ownership of Prairie Fire Grille?

That meal looked lovely!

The bunny dishes remind me of the majolica ware that was popular years ago. so fun and springy!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Rhoda what a great Valentine's Day dinner. Your sweetie looks so pleased to be taking you out and the menu sounds just wonderful. Hugs, Marty

Rue said...

Hi Rhoda :)

What a beautiful evening you two had! The food looked wonderful :)

Happy belated Valentine's day!
hugs,
rue

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Sweet evening ~ sweet couple!

Kimba said...

Wheeeeeee!! It looks like you and your hunka-hunka had a wonderful night. Dinner looks delish!

I won't be sharing my own sad story of Valentine's since it involved the stomach bug making the rounds of the whole house. Big fun!

But I'm well again and your post made me hungry!

Kimba

Lori said...

You're right. Peter is a sweet husband. He sure did plan a romantic Valentine's evening for the two of you.

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

How sweet! Did the other people look at you funny while taking pictures of your food? LOL! So funny how we get caught up in shooting pictures of everything these days!
Thanks for sharing Rhoda.
~Misti

Unknown said...

What a great way to spend Valentine's Day. Your hubby sounds like a great guy. Hope you are doing well Rhoda!

Susan@The Cozy Chickadee said...

Rhoda, your blog is soo fun, I love it! My blog aspires to be your blog, when it's "all grown up". Thanks for all the ideas, and inspiration. I'm going to be framing out my bathroom mirror soon!

Heathahlee said...

OH, my! It looks like a wonderful dinner! Glad you had such a great night!

Ashley said...

How sweet! Looks like you had a wonderful date!

Nicole said...

Hi Rhoda. I am a new follower of your blog and am thuroughly enjoying your southern hospitality. :) Looks like you had a lovely date. I love the bunny dishes, too... I had a pet bunny in years gone by and so now anything "bunny" related touches my heart. :) Blessings and keep up the great blogging.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Hi, Rhoda! Glad you had such a nice Valentine's Day. Looks like a great dinner! :-)

Kimberly said...

I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your Valentine dinner courses; I'm one of those who LOVES reading descriptions of fancy dishes...I even enjoyed reading the description of your caprese salad.

My husband and I work for the same company and usually have lunch together, but when he has a lunch meeting, even though I know all the restaurants in the area and there aren't that many exciting ones, I love to ask what he had for lunch. I just love all things food :)

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Good for you!! Looks like you had a lovely date night. I suddenly want to make mushroom ravioli for dinner...

:-)

Lindsay @ Makely said...

Awww, aren't y'all cute??? Looks like a delicious meal. Thank you for sharing!

Bo said...

Awww Ms. Rhoda...I hope you won't mind my saying so...but your Peter looks like quite the "catch"...and I'm sure he must feel the same about you! I hope you two share many, many Valentine's Days together... ;-) BO

Anonymous said...

It all looked delicious! That is a sweet picture of the two of you!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

What a fabulous meal!!

And what a lucky lady you are.