Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Fluffing Highlights

Are you all inspired now to get ready for Spring? It sure doesn’t take much for me to get Spring Fever. Just a few warm days and I’m all over it. I hope that you all enjoyed the party as much as I did and when you’re feeling down if Spring hasn’t quite sprung in your neck of the woods, just come back and take a peek at the links again and you’ll be lifted up once more with some spring inspiration.

I visited every single person on the list and a few extra special pretty pictures caught my eye, so I thought I’d do a recap and put them all here in one spot. I hope those of you I’m linking to don’t mind, but I sure wanted to share these all together. This is better than a magazine, so enjoy!

I'm also adding this post to Julia's Hooked on Friday's post, since I'm Hooked on Spring this week!

Pat Back Porch Musings

Pat from Back Porch Musing’s beautiful boat and spring greeting. Pat I just love this pic!

Julia Hooked on Houses

Julia from Hooked on Houses made a pretty dining room centerpiece, which is simple, but elegant for Spring.

320 Sycamore

Melissa at 320 Sycamore shared a bunny and a pretty spring plate.

Amanda My Domestic Disaster

Amanda at My Domestic Disaster, brought the outdoors IN with some freshly cut branches.

Cindy My Romantic home

Cindy at My Romantic Home, put together a beautiful spring display on her table.

Melissa Moss Topiary

Melissa over at The Inspired Room was feeling crafty this week and made some moss topiaries. Way to go, Melissa!

The Scribbler

The Scribbler had some gorgeous pics of yellow forsythia and other pretty spring things in her lovely home, but I just loved this simple pic of yellow pillows to add some spring freshness to a room.

Alisa Carolina Panache

Alisa from Carolina Panache shared this wonderful display of flowers and bird nests atop candlesticks.

Angie Happy Homebody

Angie at The Happy Homebody had a lovely spring vignette all set up with bunnies, birds & flowers, a perfect combo.

Debra Bunnies Bungalow

I adore Debra at The Bunnies Bungalow spring vinette too with all the bunnies, mixed with my favorite black, white and green scheme. Fresh and springy!

Kimba wreath

If you haven’t hopped over to see Kimba at A Soft Place to Land’s very clever wreath, you must check this out. Ping pong balls, who’d a thunk?

Manning Family

Kim at The Manning Family shared a pretty display of dishes and of course I love the Bordallo cabbage ones.

Manuela bunnytopiary

Manuela at The Pleasures of Homemaking caused me to run out to Pier One and buy another “bunny on a stick” all because of this pic.

Mary Little Red House

Mary at Little Red House is a wonderful photographer and always has such gorgeous pics. This one is magazine worthy, Mary!

Sofia

Sofia at Expressive Creations had a beautiful springy display on her table too.

Still  Learning

Still Learning has some enviable bunnies in her collection. I spied a pretty covered rabbit in the middle of this display.

Pat Knitting

Pat from Not Now I’m Counting, shared this beautiful birdsnest. How can you not feel Springy looking at this?

Southern Whimsey

And one more from KD at Southern Whimsey. Take a peek at this gorgeous double frontdoor with the tulips. Beautiful, KD!

So, that wraps up the Spring Fluffing party for this year. I truly hope you were all inspired to get creative around your house too. It’s not too late! And I hope no one felt left out if I didn’t feature your pics, there just wasn’t room for every one of you, but I loved visiting each home, so thank you SO much for participating. It was so much fun, I think we’ll have to do this again next year.

Happy Spring!

I'm finishing up the corner cabinet and I must say, it is looking spectacular. I'm attempting to add some lights inside the glass doors, so wish me luck on that. I'll show you very soon!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

45 friends stopped by:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Oh...THAT was inspirational!! Right now I need to do some major spring cleaning...OUTSIDE. Ughh. not looking forward to it!

Sofia Striffler said...

That was great to see everyone's . Thanks for adding mine pic to your spring fluffing. That was fun my pics will be better next time. Again thanks for hosting.

Rebecca said...

I've been visiting everyone too! I am late to the party, but I hope it is ok! I have linked below, but the url is http://ourbackporch.blogspot.com

Thanks for letting me join the fun!
Back Porch Blessings,
Rebecca

Amanda said...

Thanks for hosting the party Rhoda! And thanks for featuring my arrangement! I'm so blessed by your blog every time I visit - thank you. I also really enjoyed seeing everyone's pictures. I got some more great ideas!

Runner Mom said...

These are great! Rhoda, you are just one talented lady!! I agree that this is much better than a magazine! Fun!!

I ran over to Pier One this morning and got me a bunny on a stick! Also found a darlin' pillow on sale to go in the study! 6.00!! I am sad to say that I searched high and low at Marshall's for the bunny plates--which were there last week!! Now they are gone! Someone else around here must have read your blog!

Hugs,
Susan

Unknown said...

Great pictures! So sorry I missed the party.

Sue said...

Thanks again Rhoda for hosting such a fun party. It was so fun visiting the participants. I still haven't gotten through all of them but hope to soon.
Great party.
Hugs,
Sue

Karla said...

They're all SO pretty!! Thanks for putting them in one convenient spot like that! I'll be referring back to this for inspiration, for sure! :)

~Karla @ It's The Little Things...

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Rhoda. I am so happy you like the vignette photo.

I'm still going through the list. I want to get around to everyone, too!

Looking forward to the cabinet finish.

Ashley @ The Happy Little Home said...

These are all so great! Thanks for giving me some inspiration!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello Rhoda...

Thank you so much for hosting the Spring Fluffing party...I know that I certainly had fun participating! I think I got around to everyone's place...so very inspirational!!! Thank you again!

Chari

Linda in AZ * said...

* How absolutely DIVINE to take a break from getting ready for Sring/Easter around HERE today (yes, I'm running waaay behind!), check E=-mail & see THIS!!! I was getting POOPED from all the "running back n' forth", BUUUT, after seeing all these beauties you've featured, I'm ready to keep pluggin on!!! THANK YOU to you and EVERYONE!!! Everything is just "DELISH"!!!!!~~~ Love, Linda

Maria Killam said...

Wow I so wasn't in spring mode until I read this post!

Anonymous said...

Rhoda thanks for the inspiration! Ah.....spring!!!!
Love the wreath ad topiaries.

Designs on 47th Street said...

Thank you very much for stopping by my blog and giving me the info on the flying bunny. I called my Pier 1 immediately and they are going to hold several for me to pick up tomorrow. I want to use some in my arrangements and such for my spring show which is next week. I am ordering a case of reindeer moss because I use it in so much as well. Thought others might like to purchase it by the bag.

You are a joy to know!

Thank you from the bottom of my hand painted (!) hands...basil green, of course! :)

Donna

Joanna said...

I missed the party...boo hooo.....we all have been sick and yesterday I was the one that was really down. I will now have to go and visit all of Mr. Linky's links!

Jenny said...

It was so fun to see all of the beautiful Spring decor. Thanks for hosting such a fun party!

CJ'SMOMMY*KIMBERLY said...

Rhoda can it be an ongoing party,lol? I'm still going through all the beautiful links but didn't join.I should have took an outside "fluffing " pic.We are remodeling and have been forever it seems.We basically live in our family room right now.
I NEEDED to see everyone's spring and neatness,lol.You all have made my week.Thanks so much Rhoda,you rock! I'm not just saying this because your southern either ;).

Cindy said...

That was great seeing them all in one post! Thanks for including mine...I'm honored!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

What a great roundup of inspirational ideas! It was a great party. Thanks for including my humble display--there are so many creative and talented people in our blog world! :-)

Terri Steffes said...

THANK you so much! I loved the ideas and it is motivating me to do more!

Stacey said...

Hi Rhoda. Yesterday I visited every person that entered the spring fluffing party. I need to go back and see who came later. I surely enjoyed it all! Thanks for organizing such inspiring people. :)

Unknown said...

Very inspirational indeed. I just love your blog. I am adding you to my favorites.

Anonymous said...

Thanks my dear for hosting such a fun and inspiring party! I thought I was done but I see more people have joined! Off to see more spring eye candy!

Manuela

Melissa said...

Rhoda~thank you so much for featuring my bunny and plate~I'm thrilled! You always throw smashing parties; so glad I was able to be part of this one. :) Have a great weekend~

Melissa said...

P.S. Mental note to self:pick up the coats on the entry way floor before taking pictures next time, especially if they will be featured on Rhoda's blog!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Lots of inspiration in that post, Rhoda!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, such pretty pix! I found a cute little sign today at the thrift store for a dollar and I have it on the carport beside the back door. It was so cute I couldn't pass it up. Someone painted it. It's the shape of an easter basket with eggs and chicks. Just too cute! I need to get a pic of it so I can show it off I guess. lol
I also have a question for you. I have been trying to follow your directions on how to make my pix large on my blog. I have FINALLY got a large one on there but now it's blurry. In my paint shop pro that is the width and height it said my pic was so I put the size of my pic in there.

Unknown said...

I love all the bunnies! This party definitely inspired me to put hunt for our spring items.
As always, I've enjoyed my visit.

susan said...

What a great idea to share highlights! you are right. It's almost like a magazine. Can't wait to see the corner cabinet.

Suzann said...

All I can say is WOW!

Happy Spring!

Carrie said...

I so wish I had stumbled upon your blog earlier and could have taken part in the "fluffing" party! The spring decor inspires me to plant some flowers!

Scribbler said...

Thanks so much for doing this -- I was surprised at the one you chose from me -- just goes to show -- it's in the eye of the beholder.

Scribbler

WhisperWood Cottage said...

They are all beautiful!!

Amy

P.S. I'm celebrating 100 posts with some giveaways: 3 signed photos and 1 large chandelier decal from Wilson Graphics. I thought you might be interested! :)

Anonymous said...

What a nice recap Rhoda...everyone did such a nice job huh ???

I especially like that ping pong wreath how clever is that !!!

Happy first day of Spring to you...feels like Ole Man Winter is still here though, the snow is just about gone, although we did a big Fall cleanup...things look UGLY...March is really not a nice month in the NE...how do things look down your way ???

Take care,
Kathy :)

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing these inspiring pictures, Rhoda...I needed a taste of spring this morning! Even though it IS the first day of spring, it is still rather cold in MI. I am so looking forward to warmer weather :)

Hope you enjoy a fabulous weekend!

~Michelle

Sherri said...

I was a couple days late, but I linked in anyway! Thanks Rhoda!! You are a wonderful Hostess! I can't wait to see what that corner cabinet looks like once you got done refinishing it!

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Thanks for adding me to Mr. Linky! I have never had so many new visitors...I love all your spring fluffing. You have quite the eye. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Great picks! I can't choose a favorite! Love them. Spring is so much fun!
~Kim

Mary said...

What a fun party! Thanks so much, Rhoda, for hosting it, and for including my photo here. I am definitely going to try out some of the ideas here, and I HAVE to get to Pier1 to see if I can get one (or a few) of those bunnies on a stick! :)
xoxo,
Mary

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

The party was a blast. So many beautiful spring things. I want everything! I think I may just have to visit everyone a 2nd time to get another look. Thanks for including my dishes in your post today. I am honored. More than that, I am giddy!!! I still need to find 1 more cabbage dinner plate so I can use them in a tablescape. If not, they still look great in my hutch. Thanks again!

Sue said...

Hi Rhoda, Posted a link to this on my new blog. Not too sure if I did it correctly, but.... I enjoy reading you so much.
Happy Spring! Sue

kari and kijsa said...

Love all these inspirations!! Those tulips on the door are fabulous!!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

It's 20 degrees in NYC today (for REAL) so I needed this post to put a little "spring in my step." :-) Brrrrr!

Classics and Country said...

Wow I love your blog! You have a good idea for decorating! I admire your work. Thanks for sharing.

Stavroulla @ Classic and Country