Sunday, March 8, 2009

Thank you, Eddie!

A big thanks to Eddie Ross for giving me an award in his first Eddie Awards, broadcast live on Blog Talk Radio recently. Eddie now has a new radio show on Blog Talk, so tune in on Sunday evenings at 9:00 pm if you get the chance. I was honored to be chosen in the Decorating a Room under $500 category for my beachy guestroom redo. Click on the pic to go to Eddie’s post and see all the other recipients in other categories. There were some really great makeovers and ideas from the others too!

RHODA_BEACHIE_BR Olivia Wilder

Thank you Eddie, for choosing my makeover in your awards. I’m honored!

Bordallo plates2

And look what my friends, Eddie and Jaithan sent me….two more Bordallo green plates to add to my bunny dish collection. What could make a girl happier than that?! Thanks guys, you’re the best!

Don't forget, Monday I'm having a really fun giveaway going, so you will definitely want to stop by for that. I also found some treasures at the yardsales this weekend and will share those later on in the week.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

36 friends stopped by:

The Bramble Patch said...

Congratulations Rhoda, you deserve every accolade!

Also, what sweet people that Eddie and Jaithan are! The gift they selected for you was.....(no surprise).....PERFECT!

Have a glorious Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great honor and gift.

Kathi said...

Wow! What an honor! Know you are excited about your gift too! Eddie is amazing too... Love your flea market finds yesterday. Can't wait to see more!

The Bramble Patch said...

Yay, I just signed up to be a Follower and I am # 500! Congrats on that too Rhoda!

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

Congratulations! I love your plate collection!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Congratulations Rhoda, what a special award. Your room is truly lovely and so well deserved. Hugs, Marty

Kris said...

Congratulations Rhoda. An award well deserved. You brought new life to that room.

Have a happy day,
Kris

Free Art Printables said...

Congrats Rhoda! You deserve it! Jen

Anonymous said...

Rhoda~ "You've come a long way, baby!"~~~ Am not only HAPPY for ALL your successes, but as a "non-blogger", I am also SOOO IMPRESSED with what you've ACCOMPLISHED here~~~ KUDOS, kiddo~~~ "YOU'RE THE MARY!!!" ~~~~Grins and warm smiles, Linda/ "Mom..."

Justabeachkat said...

Congrats Rhoda.

We in Dallas waiting for our next flight. I'm having fun blogging in the airport. LOL.

Hugs!
Kat

Unknown said...

Rhoda,

You deserve all the awards. You are an inspiration and I love visiting you. Congrats and I love the dishes too.

Cynthia

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Congrats on your wonderful award from Eddie! And those green plates are perfect!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Rhoda you did such a nice job on that room...

I love those plates I collect them too, I have a real pretty yellow one I found last year. And thanks for introducing me to Eddie, I love his site...

Happy Sunday,
Kathy :)

Tracy said...

Congrats Rhoda! That is awesome!
Tracy

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

Congrats Rhoda! What an honor and what a thoughtful gift! But that what we would expect from wonderful Eddie!

julie & joe said...

I love those plates! What a wonderful gift!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Rhoda, you totally deserve it!!

I can't wait to see your yardsale finds and how you transform them!

Sharon said...

Contratulations - well deserved! I always, always learn something when I visit your site. Today you introduced me to the world of Bordallo dishes! I love all the patterns - the bunny and cabbage ones, also the star and the fleur-de-lis! Can't wait to see your finished granite project and other creative things up your sleeve - hugs, Sharon

Unknown said...

Wow, congrats. What an honor to be chosen by Eddie Ross! You deserve the recognition, your guest bedroom is fab.

Allidink said...

Those plates are so adorable! Congrats. :)

All the best,
Allison

Sarah said...

Congratulations on your award! Your new plates are awesome! Yard sales already, I am jealous! It is snowing here! :)
Have a great day!

Silvia said...

CONGRATS!!!,GREAT BLOG ,NEVER BORING LIKE MINE...LOL...

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Yipee for you - that is wonderful!!! You deserve it, and quite the honor.

Sofia Striffler said...

Congratulations Rhoda, That is great. Maybe someday I too can earn this award.

Jill said...

Congrats on the award, girl! You're so talented. I love stopping by to see what you're up to. :)

OldBagNewTricks said...

Congrats, Rhoda -- you did such a darling job on that beachy room -- a well deserved Eddie!

Lovc the bunny plates... and down there in the previous post, your grandmother is adorable! Very cute. I see where you get it.

Jenny

Anonymous said...

What an honor and to get two gifts.... my heart would be a flutter. Way to go Miss Rhoda.... love those guys~

Cottage Rose said...

Congratulations Rhoda; how exciting for you to win such a honor. I am so happy for you. And the plates that they sent you are just too sweet looking,how kind of them to send them. I will make sure I stop by tomorrow and see whats up with you give away...

Hugs
Alaura

Anonymous said...

Wow Rhoda! What a fabulous honor and award to receive! You have earned it without a doubt. I know that you are thrilled. I always look forward to stopping by for a bit of inspiration and fun.
Have a wonderful week,
Jennifer

Rose - Watching Waves said...

I'm not familiar with Eddie Ross but I'm thrilled for you on winning an award from him! The guestroom redo is gorgeous and looks like it costs many times as much. I especially love that 2nd pic that Eddie posted with the chair and window. What a great spot to sit and read ... or peep out the window and daydream. Congratulations, Rhoda!

Anonymous said...

wow! congratulations Rhoda, way to go

I'm sitting here with a coffee for a good old blog catch up, been really busy lately, as usual...

Sarah

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

That is so exciting, Rhoda! Congratulations!! That was a great room re-do. :-)

Bo said...

Hi Ms. Rhoda...I haven't made it by in a few days, but I got here in time to see you have received very well deserved recognition...
congratulations! Off the subject, but I made your Asian Slaw recipe again this wk-end...and we really do love it...Thanks! ;-) Bo

Decor To Adore said...

Oh how fun and well deserved!

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Congrats, how exciting!
~Michelle

queenbee said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, I'm glad that you like my spring wreath. I'll be sure to come back and link up on Wednesday. Take care.