Sunday, May 17, 2009

Let’s have a burlap party!

Burlap!

Such a fun fabric to work with, so versatile, inexpensive cheap, textured, and just a neat item to use in all sorts of decorating projects, so…

Burlap

I think this might be a first, but wouldn’t it be fun to show off our burlap and share what we’ve done with it?! I know I’ve used it 2 completely different ways in my house and am certainly open to more inspiration for new ways to bring it in, so start thinking about what YOU’VE done with burlap and we’ll all link up on Thursday, May 28th for a fun party.

I know you ALL love a party as much as I do, so be here. I’ve personally seen some amazing projects out there in blogland using burlap, so please spread the word and let’s get lots of girls to the party.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

25 friends stopped by:

Vanessa Greenway said...

Love that idea! I'll be here for the party! Thanks!

Jojo said...

I love burlap but sadly fabric stores seem to be disappearing. On my last trip to a fabric store I saw row after row of fleece but where were the great summer fabrics like sailcloth, ticking, seersucker and pique?

This idea inspires me and I am going on a burlap hunt!

Jennifer said...

Aren't you so creative! I have never used burlap in my decorating, but this sounds really neat. I'll have to stop by and check it all out. I may find that I have really been missing out on something!
Have a blessed Sunday,
Jennifer @ Fiddle Dee Dee

Andi @ A Little Piece of Pink said...

Yipee! I am so exicted about this! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Havn't used burlap, but I would love to see what everyone else has done. Great idea. Hugs, Marty

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Hey Rhoda- I'll be there! Funny, yesterday I started on a burlap project...you'll see it soon then!

~Misti

Pam said...

Hi Rhoda,

I'll definitely be there for the party. I just bought some burlap this weekend with a couple projects in mind! What great timing.

Pam

Free Art Printables said...

I'm in! jen

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh, oh, oh!! What a great idea! It is so rustic and French country! Now to find some!! Got any feed sacks?? lol...Debbie

Anonymous said...

Great idea, Rhoda. I've already done several projects in burlap. My first project was back in March and I fell in love with this material.

Thanks for the kind words about my blog. I understand what you mean about busy backgrounds and stuff. I, too have wished that some blogs weren't as busy. It's a lot for the eye to adjust to.

See ya thursday!

Tami said...

Ooooooo how I love me some burlap! I just posted one of my burlap projects a couple weeks ago but will be glad to share it again and more!!

Have a great weekend!!
Hugs~T

g.suzie said...

Where I come from we use burlap to put our very famous 'Idaho Potatoes' in to market them sometimes!!!

susan said...

I can't wait to see what everybody does with burlap--I'll be sitting this one out, but watching!

Kimba said...

Great idea, Rhoda! I'll be here!

Kimba

trish said...

What a fun idea! Thank you for hosting! I will be looking forward to seeing all the different treasures burlap can be created into! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Farmgirl Paints said...

I can't wait.

Jenny said...

That sounds like fun! I don't have anything burlap, but I'll be back to check out everyone's ideas.

WhisperWood Cottage said...

I just picked up a whole box of free burlap from a garage sale. I've been brainstorming ideas. Now, I need to get to work!

Amy

Terry said...

I got my burlap today - the scent bring me back to my childhood! Great idea, should be fun to see what everyone comes up with!

From the Old InkWell said...

Rhoda, what a great idea. You can take a look at my post for Thrifty Treasures and find out how I feel about burlap. It's the greatest thing since sliced bread! Looking forward to it.

randee said...

rhoda - last week i bot a bolt of burlap & my family is laughing at me! we'll see who gets the last laugh! (hopefully, ha!)

blessings -

Heathahlee said...

Ooh, I'm looking forward to this! I need some burlap ideas! I got a canvas dropcloth to use for a couple of things, but I'd like to use burlap around a little, too.

Swampgirl said...

Great! I just finished a burlap project and I can't wait to get some other ideas! I think that I have read that you have visited Angel's in Opelika...a new store just opened next door and I think you'll like it. Check out my blog www.vintageswampgirl.blogspot.com to see some pictures!

Restoration House Interiors said...

Okay, super excited about this...going to go ahead and post mine on Tuesday and then guide people to your party for Thursday! Whoot, whoot! Party over here, party over here!

Sarah said...

I love burlap! Love the texture, the colors, the price most of all.