Friday, June 5, 2009

I.O. Metro

IMG_4422

I found out recently about a new store that just opened up here in Birmingham in the last few months, called I.O. Metro. Had never heard of it, but it’s a bounty of eye candy, so take a peek at all the offerings in this very fresh and unique store. Headquartered in Bentonville, AR, I wondered if they were affiliated with Walmart (not that they looked remotely like Walmart, but how many companies come out of Bentonville AR?), and he assured me they were not. I just checked locations and they are in Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas. How about that? So, if you live in one of those states, you may very well want to check them out. I was very pleased with what I saw, even though I’m more traditional, I just love the fresh fabrics they were using and some of the furniture styles were so pretty.

IMG_4403

They even had fabrics by the yard for $9.95/yard and some super looking ones to choose from.

IMG_4405

Accessories were VERY large and unique. You wouldn’t need a lot of these to make a statement.
IMG_4406

IMG_4407

IMG_4408

Lots of lime green, which I always love!

IMG_4409

IMG_4410

IMG_4411

IMG_4415

IMG_4416

IMG_4417

IMG_4418

Great looking slipcovers too for parson’s chairs.

IMG_4419

IMG_4420

IMG_4421

Loved this linen dining chair for $199, great styling and fabric.

Hope you get a chance to check out an I.O. Metro store too! I think you’ll enjoy it.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

51 friends stopped by:

Patti VZ said...

Looks like a store made just for you! Nice stuff!

The Brewers said...

We have an IO Metro (I live in the Little Rock area) and I LOVE IT!!! Our store has free design consultation services too. So if you ever get stuck (not that you would) just call them and request a consult!

Still Learning said...

Their stuff looks a lot like IMAX and another store at the Atlanta Mart I used to buy from. Pretty things. Oh, how I miss the Atlanta Mart since I had to close my store. It was like heaven for shoppers. Sigh.

Have a great day,

Jennifer

Becky K. said...

Hope they come North soon. It looks like a very fun place.

Chris said...

I'm pretty sure this could be my favorite store of all time. I wanted something in every picture!!

Kathi said...

I can see why you like this place!
Your colors for sure! I'll have to check it out one of these days...

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Looks like a fun place and here's the best part!! There is a store in Columbia, MO...easy peasy drive! Will certainly have to check it out.

Vanessa Greenway said...

I juts loved the giraffe bedding!!! The cheetah chair is so beautiful... Sounds like a very nice store to visit Rhoda. Too bad I'm far away... :( Wishing you a great day! Vanessa

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...looks like my kind of store. I'll have to check it out the next time I'm in B'Ham.

Pat said...

Just came back by to pick up your link. My friend, JoAnn, is spending a few days in Columbia. I'm sending your link and the store location, just in case she wants to check it out. I do intend to get over there, too.

Farmgirl said...

What a great store! I love the fabrics - especially the slipcovers. I'll live vicariously through your photos since Ohio isn't on their list!

Carol said...

We have one of these stores here in Tulsa. I need to check it out soon. Looks like a great place for inspiration & shopping!

Sandi McBride said...

Eye candy indeed! Should I venture into that shop, Mac would remove all forms of ID from my grasp, up to and including the check book!
Sandi

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

That linen dining chair is great!!! :) Sounds like you found a favorite new store!

Carrie said...

Why, why, why can they not have a store in Florida?! The goods are divine! Thanks for the preview.

Robin Lambright said...

No stores in my area, loved those big green vase looking things. I am totally decorating challenged, but loves the bold but simple prints.

Blessings
Robin

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Looks like a great store. Some really pretty things, and gorgeous fabrics. Hugs, Marty

Embellished Bayou said...

Looks like a super cool store, wish we hd one in Louisiana!

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

I'm in Arkansas but I've never heard of that store. I'll have to find out where they have it. Looks like a store I would love! The color on their walls looks like SW Sassy Green. I like their philosophy using big accent pieces that make a statement! I've been doing that for years....the bigger the better! That way things don't get cluterry looking like it does with abunch of small size accents.

SouthernDogwoods said...

I recently was at Patton Creek and saw the store but did not have a chance to run in. I will definitely make sure I stop in next time!

Rebekah said...

The chair in the first picture makes my heart beat a little faster! SO cute! I'm definitely going to check and see if any of the TN locations are in my area. Thanks for sharing!

Amber Schmidt said...

There is so much green, animal print, and damask yumminess in that store that I could seriously hurt myself!

Blondie's Journal said...

Fabulous store, Rhoda!! The fabric alone is eye candy!! When I saw some of the animal prints, I thought of you immediately. I have the feeling you will be visiting Metro often! ;-)

xoxo
jane

Melissa Marie said...

The items in that store look like something straight out of a magazine! I'll have to see where the locations are in Texas...I'm sure if nothing else, it will be a big feast for the eyes! Thanks for sharing...I had never even heard of this before. :)

Granna said...

I'm only an hour and a half from Memphis. Thanks for giving me one more store to check out!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of it, but I will definitely be keeping a watch out now ;o)

Debra from Bungalow said...

I never heard of this store but I really like some of the fabrics. Wish we had more stores like that up here!

Joanna said...

Oh my....I see a road trip coming soon! What a great store.

Anonymous said...

Another reason why I have to take a trip down south....:)

Love that first chair, I recently bought a couple of parsons chairs in black, actually black wicker, I hate to cover them up, but I sure like those covers...

Have a great week-end Rhoda, can't wait to see what you find at the tag sales....

xo Kathy :)

*Sam* said...

Oh I need those lamps!

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

I wish that store was in Orange County!!!

Rose - Watching Waves said...

They look sooo much like ZGallerie, which I love! The graphics on the fabrics are fabulous.

grannyann said...

I will have to see if there is one on Oklahoma City next time we go over there. Thanks for the heads up.

phillips phamily said...

What a fun store! We have some friends in B'ham and it might just be time for a visit just to be able to visit that store. I went to the hob lob today looking for some moss balls just like those and left disappointed. :(

And I'm still thinking about those onion rings!

Kate Riley said...

I am very much loving all of those graphic print chairs, they are stunning. Fantastic grouping of lovely stuff, wish I lived near Birmingham. :-( Sigh.

Angie Seaman said...

Oh my GAWSH...I'll take one of everything. HA! Why can't we have one of those in Indiana or near me in FL? UGH! Especially because of all the zebra print finds in there. YAY! Love it all! Thanks for sharing Rhoda!

Blessings, Angie
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angieseamanphotography.blogspot.com
www.agdprayerblog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love it!! So glad Birmingham now has one. Can't wait to visit it.

Thanks for the udpate!

Chiki Cottage said...

Oooohh. I love this store. I dont think we have one in NC. Im going to look for it in the directory. Nice things! I love.

Cheri in Conway said...

I'm originally from Bentonville and I remember when they opened their first store. They started out small but with funky things and they have only expanded on that as they've grown. Great to see people realize there is more to our wonderful state than just Wal-Mart (which I love!).

Its So Very Cheri said...

Thanks for sharing. Maybe we will end up in a state that has one of these stores so I can check it out.
Thanks for putting my free give away on your blog. I have had lots of new visitors and your name goes in twice for the give away for posting a comment and posting on your blog. Thanks for everything.
Cheri
itssoverycheri.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

What a fun store! Bummer that it's about 2 hours from me.

Molly said...

mmmmm green is so delicious

april said...

AHHHHH!!! Do you not LOVE this store??!! I have the Cream/Tan Zebra Chaise Lounge in my living room & it is to die for!! My Mother recently purchased many pieces of art for her new house from this store, also & they are all amazing!!!

april said...

P.S. I also wanted to 2nd Cheri (who happens to live here locally) & say 'Woo-Hoo' for AR having something other than WM & the HOGS! (Which both I love, also :)

Anna O'Reilly said...

The store is lovely!

Anna
at All Things Creative

A Mother's Love said...

Whenever I am homesick for B'ham I come to your blog to get my "Southern fix"...we moved to TX about a year and a half ago (it's NOT the south...or the south I am used to)

I left you a message when you posted about The Club(we were members) and you posted at my old blog. Thanks :)

My new blog is...
http://www.w-l-p.blogspot.com
Visit me sometime and thanks for your wonderful blog, and keeping me in the loop about my hometown!
Kelley

Unknown said...

We have 2 I.O. Metros here in our town...and while I love the style, I would NEVER pay their prices. They are known for being OUTRAGEOUS in their prices!! I like to hit up yard sales that advertise I.O. stuff though =)

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Beautiful!!

Large oversacale accessories are my favorite way to decorate.

Nancy said...

Thanks for letting us B'ham folks
know about a new store. That is
awesome. No better advertising
then one blogger!

Anonymous said...

What a fun looking store. I love some of those chairs. None in my area though. =(

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I would lovveeee that linen dining chair as my desk chair! And I just bought some nailhead trim by the yard that I think I could put to good use on it.