Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bruster’s Banana Split Thursday

IMG_5545

Do you have Bruster’s ice cream in your town? Oh, I hope you do. I love this place and when we discovered they do 1/2 price banana splits on Thursday, if you bring your own banana, well that’s a no brainer.

IMG_5544

I’ve even been known to have a banana split instead of dinner. My very favorite flavor here is White Turtle. Oh. My. Gosh! The best thing ever. I have them add that instead of vanilla in my splits.

IMG_5546

I ate the whole thing. But, don’t tell anyone my little secret, OK?!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

41 friends stopped by:

Its So Very Cheri said...

Oh yummy. What a deal. I have never heard of busters. You will have to tell us what flavor the white turtle is-you're making my mouth water at 6:50 in the morning.
I meant to come by on Monday and post my finds, but didn't get it done so hopefully I will be able to post next Monday.
Cheri

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

There is a small, family owned ice creamery, here in town. Tuesday, we returned from the lake. We took the back roads, meandering along the way. The usual 2 hour 15 minute drive took over four hours. Enjoyable drive through the country. When we arrived home, we were a tad tired and not interested in having a meal. We went to The Little Dipper, for "supper"; a Banana Split and Strawberry Sundae. It's fun having an ice cream supper now and then!

Bruster's looks like a fun place and what a great Thursday deal!!

Jennifer said...

Yum! I din't know Bruster's did the banana split deal on Thursdays. How fun! We don't have one here, but we always stop for a treat when we are in Atlanta or Birmingham visiting friends and family. I'll have to pack a few bananas in our travel cooler next time we hit the road. =)
Wishing you a fabulous day!
Jennifer @ Fiddle Dee Dee

Heathahlee said...

I did not know that! I'll have to check to make sure they do that at ours. My luck we'd get there with our bananas and they'd just look at us like we were crazy. :)

Becky K. said...

My Aunt and Uncle love Brusters. Our closest one is still 40 minutes away... so we don't go often.

This looks great, though!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

We have a Brusters not five minutes from our house, but every time I've ever been there's a good 20 minute line. I guess that speaks volumes for their ice cream!! :)

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

We have 2 Brusters near us. I didn't know about the banana split deal. I do know that if you bring your dog along, they will give him a small vanilla ice cream with a little Milk Bone dish for FREE. Also, seniors over 60 will get a 25% discount. Is it worth 25% to admit your age? Then there is PJ day held one day per year. Wear your PJs and get a free cone.

Kelly@RevelsRoost said...

Brusters is our favorite too! I always get chocolate raspberry truffle in a waffle cone. It's AMAZING!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH.....thank you so much for the tip!!

Lisa said...

We don't have a Bruster's here but will look for one on my travels. Your post reminded me of when I worked in a small ice cream shop when I was a teenager. I loved to make Banana Splits....they were so pretty to look at when I finished building them! And delicious!

Pam said...

Oh, dear! We used to go to Bruster's when we lived in FL. But, now that we're up here in IN, we don't have one around. They have the best ice cream - EVUH! Sometimes, on a hot summer day, we salivate just THINKING about their butter pecan. Mmmm.....

Unknown said...

Buster's looks wonderful! I have not had my breakfast so I figure - daily and fruit - Great meal! Thanks as always for sharing.

Charla

blushing rose said...

Smart promo by Bruster's .. I've seen them but not around here, durnnit! TTFN ~Marydon

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

Oh, Yum, that looks so good! I love banana splits, and who can beat one that's 1/2 off! I've never heard of Brusters before. I don't know if there is one in North Alabama, do you? I'd love to try one though.

Kimberly Wright said...

Yummy!

Roxanne said...

Our Bruster's closed. SIGH!

Oh, well...there's always Chick Fil A's icedream!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I have never heard of Brusters either, but I would SO take my banana in there for a 1/2 off split!!

I love Maggie Moo's. There is one in Oxford and I adore it, but I won't let myself go there very often! lol

Lou Cinda

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That. Looks. So. Good. !!!!

We don't have a Bruster's here, but I give them kudos for that great marketing idea!

The Lazy Peacock said...

That looks delicious!
I'm so glad to have found your blog, I have been reading some of your past posts and am in awe of your style and ingenuity. The picture frame molding and mirror molding projects are amazing. Looking forward to new projects!!

Elle Jay Bee said...

How fun!! Do they have these in Maine, because we're heading there and we could bring a bunch of bananas!!

You always have such fun posts!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind wishes.

Cheers,
Linda

Marie said...

Well Rhoda, after you've caused me to drool because ice cream is my favorite dessert and how come I'd never heard of Bruster's before...I quickly Googled their locations and the closest is up in San Francisco. I live down here in San Diego. Since it's too far away (and I've been known to drive 60 miles away for a Krispy Kreme donut) I will have to settle for Ben & Jerry's. Shoot. It looks so yummy.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Rebekah said...

LOL! I'm seeing a "BYOB" Party in my future! :) Perhaps for my birthday next month... such a fun idea. :)

Sandra said...

How fun! We don't have a Bruster's in my area, boo hoo! That looks delish!
blessings,
Sandra

Unknown said...

We don't have a Bruster's here, but I wish we did! I *heart* ice cream so much. It's the one thing I can't get enough of.

Nancy

KarenB said...

Looks yummy! What a fun idea, bring your own banana. My question is how do you eat the WHOLE thing and stay so slender?

Unknown said...

I am tempted to move! What a great idea. I wonder if Cold Stone or Maggie Moo's would follow suit?

Beneath the Eaves said...

We don't have one here. Boo Hoo.
They look delicious.
Debra

Jenny said...

I've never heard of that place, but it sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

We don't have a Bruster's up here in Canada but we do have a Dairy Queen and they serve up some great ice cream treats. You know the old saying, "All things in moderation" so there's nothing wrong with a banana split for dinner every now and then - hehe! TFS! Sheila

Tammy518 said...

Oh, my goodness, Rhoda! Did you have to post that?! LOL. We do have a Bruster's here and I didn't know they did that. We'll have to check it out some Thursday evening. And, like you, I could eat that in place of dinner. Heck, I've been known to eat ice cream for breakfast sometimes.

Suzanne in TX said...

No Bruster's in Abilene, TX--I wonder if there are any in TX...Ice cream sounds REALLY good right now, as my outside thermometer is registering
104 degrees!!!! YIKES!!!

akawest said...

The Bruster's here appears to be closed. In our former PA town, they closed, also. When they were still in business, I enjoyed their frozen bananas. Then they discontinued those. I am starting to think I have a frozen banana obsession...sort of scary. I have eaten two of the small ones today. I won't tell anyone about your devouring banana splits, if you keep quiet about my frozen banana addiction. :)

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

Bruster's is absolutely sinful! And, oh, am I ever guilty! I absolutely love their waffle cones. Right now, since I'm unable to get out, DH brings me the waffle cones in a bowl. Yum. Yum. Yum! I, too, have been known to have this for dinner. One of my favorite flavors is their fresh peach. They only have it during certain times of the year, as I'm sure you know. It is divine! I think I may have to try your tip for dinner tomorrow evening. ;0)

I'll let ya know!

TTFN!

Teresa <><
Newnan, GA

Amy {The Red Chair Blog} said...

No Bruster's here, but we have a family owned Gelatto place (all of the equipment and ingredients are imported from Italy). Yumma!

Amy

Amy {The Red Chair Blog} said...

For clarification, our TOWN has a family owned gelatto place. MY family doesn't own it though :)

Angie said...

Oh my, that looks so good! We have one, but I have never been there.

Tracy Watier said...

Oh my gosh! I haven't had a banana split in years and just last weekend we discovered a new diner-style restaurant that looks like it makes a mean one! We were too full of dinner to order one that night but vowed to go back and have one FOR dinner next time!

Robynn's Ravings said...

Very envious!! We don't have one - looks SO delish!

grannyann said...

Oh my gosh that looks GREAT.....no fair. We are only 109 degrees and you are showing me a banana split.

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

I was just thinking about this thread again as I was cutting up a banana to go with some yummy strawberries. (This was my dinner for tonight since the rest of my family is off doing different things for the evening.) I absolutely LOVE strawberries and bananas together! Anyway, as I was preparing my feast, I realized that when I read your post and then commented yesterday, I was thinking it was Wednesday, not Thursday! *rolls eyes* DUH! So, I missed out this week but I will make sure to have a yummy banana split next Thursday...even if I have to set the alarm on my cell phone! :O)

Teresa <><

Restoration House Interiors said...

Hey Rhoda...email me at mrsbuycks@comcast.net...I am in ATL right now but going back to B'ham tomorrow. Will be in Cahaba junkin on Monday...OMG! Have you ever been to Scott Antique Market in Jonesboro? YOU WOULD DIE!!!! I LOVE it! Got some good stuff and didn't even make it through the whole show...every month...each second weekend...you HAVE to make it if you haven't before...I want to pass you my cell number so we can try to get together before I leave for HI...pray all is well.

-Kennnesha
www.menmyhouseblog.blogspot.com