Friday, June 19, 2009

Taking the Day Off

IMG_5619

So, it’s Friday and I’m taking the day off.

But, you can find me over here doing a guestpost for Camila, of High Heeled Foot in the Door. She does a series called, In Her Shoes, and asked ME to come over and contribute about what my day is like. Seriously! I warned her, my daily life isn’t all that exciting, but I came up with something to share, so hope you’ll go on over and read all about it.

Boring, really.

IMG_5617

And in the meantime, you can enjoy my anniversary roses. I have the best, most thoughtful husband. I think I’ll keep him another year. :)

IMG_5623

Anniversary dinner was at a new place in town on Hwy. 280, Chuck’s Fish. The owner is from Destin and has opened many seafood restaurants over the years.

IMG_5625

Pretty menus

IMG_5627

I had amberjack with artichokes and asparagus with a side of mashed potatoes. It was all yummy and I’d recommend that you try it if you live in the area. Nice place for a special dinner out.

And before I go, one of my readers told me about an estate sale in Hoover, taking place today and Saturday: 1894 Napier Drive, Hoover, if any of you in the area would like to check it out. I am going over this morning.

Here's another link to check out, Joycee at Granny Mountain did a thrifting recap of blogs and included me in the list. Go over and take a look and you might find another new blog to peruse. Cute post, Joycee!

Hope you all have a great weekend! We don’t have anything planned, but it’s hot, hot, hot here right now.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

27 friends stopped by:

Farrah said...

I'll definitely check it out! Have a great day and keep up the great blogging!

We've Got Scents said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! The roses are absolutely beautiful and I'm very thankful you two enjoyed a wonderful dinner.
Try to stay 'cool' and good luck at the sale today! Hope you find lots of goodies.
Blessings today and always,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22

jewelrybyrebecca said...

Wow, beautiful roses!!!
What a sweet hubby!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! Loved your post ~~In Her Shoes~~ over at High Heeled Foot in the Door. Cute! Nancy from OHIO

Joy Tilton said...

The roses are beautiful, he's a keeper for sure! I would have ordered the same meal, funny! Thanks for the link, your blog inspires me to hunt for those bargains and finds...joy c.

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy your day off and find some goodies at that estate sale. I still wish we lived closer cause I could spend hours..days..weeks shopping with ya! You now "thrift" style~ enjoy your weekend too!

Judy said...

Now I'm hungry after looking at that delish meal you ordered. My computer has bit the dust so I'm posting this from work....hopefully I'll be up and running next week.

Miss you!
Judy

A New England Girl said...

Your anniversary roses are so gorgeous. I'm glad to hear the two of you enjoyed your night out! And congratulations on another year of marriage. :)

I loved reading your guest post this morning- it was such a pleasant surprise to run across! Hope you have a fantastic weekend.

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Beautiful flowers! Happy Anniversary (belated)!

Terri Steffes said...

Was your anniversary on the 18th? So was ours! We've been married for 32 years!

Happy Anniversary to you!

Becky K. said...

Enjoy your day!

Those roses are awesome!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Enjoy your day off! :) Your roses are beautiful, and the dinner looked fantastic!!! :) Thanks for the links today.

Beverly said...

Enjoy your weekend. I'm glad your anniversary was great.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

As promised, we garage saled this morning. I found a couple of things to share, a week from Monday.
I have a post up about my little desk. It will publish Sunday!

Your roses are beautiful and the meal looks wonderful.

I'm on my way over to see a day in your life!

Happy weekend!

Susie Q said...

Beautiful roses! I adore the colors! Dinner looks amazing...happy, happy anniversary dear Rhoda! I may be late but I still send lots of love your way.

Sue

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

What gorgeous flowers! Your dinner is making me hungry! I love that you take your camera in with you to take pictures to share with us. GREAT!

grannyann said...

I don't think I have ever seen such a beautiful bouquet of roses as you got. Have a good time.

Stacey said...

Beautiful roses! Happy anniversary. Thanks for the restaurant recommendation. It looks great.

It was nice to see you again yesterday, too!

Anonymous said...

Your anniversary roses are beautiful!

Sue said...

I did go and read about what your day is like...enjoyed it so much. I agree that after working outside the home for many years you deserve to be able to "work" from home....and it's really not work if you enjoy what you're doing! The roses are beautiful...Happy Anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Rhoda! Your roses are so pretty! I found a little bunny basket at Marshalls and thought of you! it has a bunny head on each end. Sounds a little freaky, doesn't it? But it's really very cute! LOL
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Jenny said...

Beautiful roses! Your dinner looks yummy! I'm glad you had a nice anniversary.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Beautiful roses! He's a keeper alright.
That looks like a great new restaurant. We'll have to try it out for sure.

Sarah said...

Hi, Rhoda!! It's so great to meet you. Happy Anniversary:) Beautiful flowers.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today to check out my summer foyer make-over and for your sweet comments! I'm definitely going to paint the door black now, I got so much positive feedback for it.

Wow, I'm in love with your dining room. The lighter subtle colors are so gorgeous, and all those white dishes...sigh...really lovely.

I'm so glad you are taking more time to relax and are doing what you love. Keep up the great work!!!

Susan Lang @ Designing Your Dream Home said...

Happy Anniversary!

pve design said...

Oh I adore you and your post over at Camila....so nice and so real!
pve

Lovely Little Nest said...

Happy Anniversary! Oh and I just love that zebra print tablecloth! :)