Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Celebrating Debbie's Birthday


(Debbie's hubby, Rick, along with their entire family: daughter & SIL, and 2 sons, who were acting crazy, as usual!) I was playing with my new camera on night setting.



My friend, Debbie turned 48 on Saturday, so we were invited to join their family and another couple who are friends of theirs for dinner at a local Japanese steakhouse restaurant, Stix. There were 10 of us and we had a ball. You know the drill, sit around the big cooking pit where the guy cooks everything right in front of you. It's always a fun experience to see your food being cooked and then you get to eat it right away.
The rest of us waiting for dinner to start. That's Debbie beside me. Remember when I took you on a visit to their farmhouse in the country last year? Debbie and Rick are great people!
So, the show starts with major flame throwing by the chef. Always a treat to see fire!
Took so many pics while he was preparing our meal, he called me papparazzi. We all got a kick out of that one.
We all ate so much we were stuffed at the end of dinner. But, Debbie had other plans......
Since it was HER birthday, she wanted to go and get HOT Krispee Kreme donuts for dessert. We didn't argue and luckily the big neon sign was lit, so you know what that means! I had never been inside this big store that we have and what a fun place to watch donuts being made. Look at them all! There was a group of 14-yr. old girls in there who were celebrating a birthday and after they heard us sing to Debbie, they all rushed over and gave her a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday in a way only 14-yr. old girls on a sugar high can do. It was too cute!
Here they are coming out of the cooking vat, ready for the icing to go on. We all wondered if we would get tired of donuts if we worked at a donut shop. Huummmm, maybe not!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

13 friends stopped by:

Abbie said...

Hi Rhoda,
It looks fabulous! I jsut love Japanese Steakhouses! They are so exciting to eat at!
~Abbie

Justabeachkat said...

What a fun way to celebrate a birthday! And to end with Krispy Kreme doughnuts! What could be better?!

Hugs!
Kat

Susan said...

Do you know how much weight I gained just thinking about those donuts?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE donuts! I have one once a month but honestly I'd like one everyday! Sounds like a fun celebration!

Manuela

Mary said...

Rhoda,
Oh, what fun! Will you be shocked if I tell you I've never been to Japanese steakhouse OR a Krispy Kreme? But now they will both be on my list of places to go this year!
xoxo,
Mary

PAT said...

It looks like all were having a great time. We've done this before. The presentation is as great as the food!

Pat

Julie said...

Krispy Kreme doughnuts rock....

I grew up eating them, selling them, watching them make them....

Now I am hungry for a warm one and there is not one nearby...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You blessed me.
Julie

PS. I used to live in Marietta. : )

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Not the krispy kreme donut shop! That is the perfect way to end an evening. Even if you don't eat a donut the smell is finger lickin.

Rosemary said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all!!!
Rosemary

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Happy Birthday Debbie from one 48 year old hot momma to another!!

Blessings,

Sher

Vonda said...

Oh my word! Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Okay I'm salivating all the way over here in Germany because they do NOT have Krispy Kreme doughnuts nor are their desserts even that sweet! I have done u-turns in the middle of the road before when I saw that neon sign lit up...I'm not kidding either. So glad y'all had such a great time celebrating Debbie's birthday. Friends are GREAT! Love ya -V

Anonymous said...

Hey Rhoda...I just received this from a good girlfriend...thought you might enjoy !!!

Kathy :)


WRONG E-MAIL ADDRESS
This one is priceless...
A lesson to be learned from typing the wrong email address!!!!

A Minneapolis couple decided to go to Florida to thaw out during a
particularly icy winter. They planned to stay at the same hotel where
they spent their honeymoon 20 years earlier.
Because of hectic schedules, it was difficult to coordinate their
travel schedules. So, the husband left Minnesota and flew to Florida
on Thursday, with his wife flying down the following day.
The husband checked into the hotel. There was a computer in his room,
so he decided to send an email to his wife. However, he accidentally
left out one letter in her email address, and without realizing his
err or, sent the email.
Meanwhile, somewhere in Houston , a widow had just returned home from
her husband's funeral. He was a minister who was called home to glory
following a heart attack.
The widow decided to check her email expecting messages from relatives
and friends. After reading the first message, she screamed and
fainted. The widow's son rushed into the room, found his mother on the
floor, and saw the computer screen which read:
To: My Loving Wife
Subject: I've Arrived
Date: October 16, 2005
I know you're surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now
and you are allowed to send emails to your loved ones. I've just
arrived and have been checked in. I've seen that everything has been
prepared for your arrival tomorrow.
Looking forward to seeing you then!!!!
Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.

P.S. Sure is freaking hot down here!!!!

Shirlee said...

Oh yum, it all looks so delicious. I can't remember the last time I had a donut. We don't have Krispy Kreme but Tim Horton's is in the city and they have a fairly big selection and always fresh. They make yummy Ice Capps too.