Thursday, March 13, 2008

Welcome Easter!

If you remember, last year I did a pretty Spring display on my foyer table and had so much fun with it, I couldn't wait to do another one this year. Only this time, I decided to do soothing beachy colors of aqua and white.
I walked around the house, picking up all things white and aqua and then had fun arranging all the elements into something pleasing to the eye. There is something SO pretty about the robin's egg blue eggs mixed with seashells. Sitting in this speckled bowl is just the icing on the cake.
I picked up the birdsnest last year, so had everything already for this display. The fabric is a left over sample piece that I had picked up while at Ethan Allen and I've always loved the colors in the stripes.

Shells, white pottery, beachy birds.
You may remember this pretty shabby chic bird that I picked up last year yardsaling.

That large white shell was also a yardsale find, as was the cute little rattan easel.
Most of these aqua items were yardsale or thriftstore finds for very little money. It sure was fun finding all of them.




Hope this inspires you to get out some Spring things and enjoy an Easter display of your own. Happy Spring!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

39 friends stopped by:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

What a great display. I adore the bird's nest and the shabby birds....they are wonderful! :-) Rosie

Free Art Printables said...

Such a pretty displpay and so easy to look at. I love that bird.. and I love that lamp shade you redid from an earlier post!
Jen R

Anonymous said...

Pretty colors, pretty display it screams spring, except for the lamp I don't think that works with your spring theme.

Happy Spring

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Rhoda,

Oh what a pretty fabric, I love strips...nice job..I have to get crackin myself...I still have my St. Patrick display up. I have to say I don't enjoy an early Easter !!!

Have a great day,
Kathy :)

Unknown said...

very pretty

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of your blog and have received much inspriration from it.
So please take this as just a suggestion from a person w/o near as much experiance in decorating as you.
But I wonder if the beautiful things on this table (esp. the blue glass) would have more of an impact if there weren't so many items on it. Maybe 2 less items would draw your eye in more.

Deserae said...

Ohhhhh such wonderful soft springy colors you used....love the bird nests!!! Everything looks just wonderful!!!
~Des

Maureen said...

Easter is so early this year! I have eggs out nearly year-round but had to remove them to make way for decoratins for a recent party- I think you'll love my tablescape if I ever get around to posting about it! Glad that I can enjoy your Easter displays! They are lovely as usual Rhoda! Love the shabby chic bird!

Judy said...

That color combination is so calming. What a great way to welcome "Spring!"

I'm looking forward to meeting up with you real soon. I'll let you know when I'm coming to B'ham and we'll make it a date!

Hugs - Judy

Anonymous said...

I love the colors. I want to go yardsaling with you! Do you have a plan when you go, do you get up very early to go, etc? You have an eye for finding great treasures!! Lucy

Michelle said...

What a beautiful spring vignette, Rhoda ~ love everything!

Have a wonderful day!

Painted Pink Pot said...

Your ideas are so nice. What a beautiful spring display.......Stacy

Mrs. B said...

I love your display! Love the colors. I wish I could find eggs like that. I only ever see the kind that are flourescent and plasticy looking!

Debbie Kay said...

Rhoda:

You are such a classy lady with classy style...love to visit your blog and dream.....

Love to you,

Debbie Kay

Southern Heart said...

Everything looks so pretty and festive. Happy Easter, Rhoda!

Oliver's said...

I love your display! It makes me want to hunt Easter eggs with my children on a warm beach somewhere. Happy Spring Paula

Anonymous said...

I love it! I have the same sprig style basket with eggs. I bought it at a fruit stand/gift shop here at 75% off I just thought it was so unique.

PAT said...

I love the colors! I saw some great eggs somewhere in the last day or two. They were marble, pastels. Now if I can just remember where I was, when I saw them!

Pretty spring display, Rhoda.

I just finished spring cleaning the kitchen/hearth room area today. So happy that's finished for awhile!!

Pat

SarahJ said...

What a beautiful eclectic mix. Eggs and shells, feathers and vases. You show such a fabulous sense of style. I find your blog and photos so inspiring. Great ideas without the great expense.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the inspiration! I love the aqua and sandy tones together. I think I need to stop by our local Fleatique today and do some 'looking'....hmmm... Happy Spring!

Mila In PA

Debra from Bungalow said...

Hi Rhoda, I like the combination of the aquas & all the natural elements in your spring display. You can't go wrong combining the elements of nature. The colors are so pretty together. What a nice scene to greet you as you enter.
I'm coveting your tall bunny!
Hugs, DebraK

Jen said...

I so love thrift stores.

Lisa said...

it's so pretty! the idea of beachy spring was very creative. i'm inspired to do some decorating myself now. never did before, for easter... just don't like the colors mostly. too tacky, but this is very cool indeed!

Sandi McBride said...

You know Rhoda, that's why I like coming in to visit...you have ideas that appeal to me. The ideas are appealing because they allow me to use things in a different way that makes me new again, I don't have to go out and spend money and bring more things in that will just be put up again. Recycling at it's best. Thank you my friend!
Sandi

Anonymous said...

OH, I love this. So pretty. Love the aqua, the bunny and all the eggs! What inspiration. Thanks!

Cathy said...

What a beautiful display! I, too, created an easter tablescape on the 12th using seashells! My colors are white, a natural beige, and pink! Here's a link: http://partlypaper.blogspot.com/2008/03/ced-2008-home-redecorating.html You know what they say about great minds, LOL!

Also, I also wanted to ask you, Rhoda, if you knew of any good books regarding sewing your own window treatments, slipcovers, tablecloths, napkins, and accent pillows? I've recently done some re-decorating in our home and soft-furnishing is what the room is lacking. My thoughts are to slipcover a loveseat, chair and two ottomans using a medium painter's canvas. That will take them from floral to a neutral, and by adding accents in co-ordinating window treatments, accent pillows, etc. I can pull the two rooms divided into entertaining and daily use into one clearly defined space. Any assistance with a good book recommendation would so greatly appreciated!

I've still got the mirror to refinish. I'm waiting for the warmer weather so I can accomplish that task out on our rear deck, but I so appreciate your helpful how-to's and suggestions. Thank you!

Alice said...

How pretty for Spring. I love the soft colors. Any bunny will be very happy with this display.

Charlotte said...

Beautiful displays. I love shells - how pretty for Easter with the birds eggs. Beautiful colors.
Have a great weekend.

Tonja said...

Isn't it fun to find treasures at yard sales? And when they work all together with what you have, it's a double pleasure! Love the display!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're all ready for spring! I think mixing the eggs with seashells is just brilliant! Love the colors too!

xo,

Manuela

Rue said...

What a beautiful display!
Thank you so much for welcoming me to blogging. Don't I know your home from RMS? I can't remember. Anyway, Thank you so much,
Rue :)

Sandy said...

Yay for beautiful Easter decorations and springy colors! I love it!

dana's design studio said...

You used non-traditional items in this display, the shells and beach items. It makes me think about what other non-traditional items can be pulled into an easter display. You have me thinking...thanks for the inspiration.

My grandmother was brilliant at creating displays with found items. She often involved her grandkids in the hunt. Hunting around her home in closets and outside for twigs and moss. It was a lot of fun. I miss her.

Dana

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I love all of thoses colors together.Indeed it looks like spring, it is very pretty.
Have a nice weekend,
ginger

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

You are SO talented! Love those colors. I need to start hitting Goodwill again. There are two close to me and I always find great treasures as far as clothes, but I need to start scoping out the housewares!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Rhoda-
I love those colors... could this be a centerpiece for our round up this month?

Mary said...

Love the beachy colors for an Easter theme Rhoda - even love the beach at Easter before the crowds arrive!

Susie Q said...

Oh how pretty! I adore these colors...so sweet, calm and Springlike!
You have the most lovely things and a keen eye in arranging them!

Hugs,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful in EVERY way -


Gorgeous Rhodie!

xo,
Kim