Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Master Bedroom Grand Tour

Welcome to all of you who are coming from the Hooked on Houses home tour. Hope you enjoy a tour of our master bedroom.

Welcome to the master! This is walking in the door looking at the king size sleighbed. Our bedroom is not HUGE, but adequately sized and we have quite a bit of furniture in here, but somehow we've made it work. I've showed a few pics in here before, but with the changes recently made, I thought I'd show you the whole thing, top to bottom. Before we go any further, wall color is Sherwin Williams Blonde. I know someone will ask! For all you girls who love the details, there are lots of pics to look at.




"Chester" is home and in place now and boy, howdy...do we love it. Talk about lots of storage, it holds all the socks, underwear, and workout clothes we have. My hubby didn't see it until we picked it up & he was very happy with it.
You can see coming in the doorway is a huge French armoire. It fits nicely in this little nook and even though it's big, it doesn't get in the way. You'll see more of it in a minute. The new chest just fits on this wall and I really love how they all work together. 1880's French armoire and probably this chest is from around the 1950's. As I mentioned earlier, when we picked the piece up, on the back is a tag from Thomasville. No date, but I think it's at least 50-60 years old. Great condition. I just can't stress enough how much I love these old pieces of furniture. If there's one suggestion I could make to any of you younger gals starting a new house....build your bones with antiques. You won't be sorry!
These older pieces are made SO sturdy and SO much better than anything out there new today. As I've said before, what could you get NEW for $400?? Not much, that's for sure. Some crappy furniture, no doubt.
Check out the new lamps! I just love these cute little things. Have you ever seen something in a store & couldn't get it out of your mind? That's what happened with these lamps. I had some on our nightstands that I got 3 years ago, not expensive lamps at all & thought that I would eventually replace them. I was shopping a few weeks ago at Homegoods and spotted 2 of these lamps on clearance for $25, a great price. I didn't get them, decided I didn't need to spend the money. So, while I was out last week shopping for my client, there they were again. Still didn't get them. But they kept nagging at me, so the next day I jumped in the car to see if they were still there. One was...for $18! Of course, I snapped it up, but was bummed there was only one, so I called the other Homegoods and they had another one. Turns out it depends on the date on how the mark-downs go, so that one was only marked down to $25. That's fine too...regular price on them were $50 each, so I did get a great deal. Look how wonderful they look in here. It really makes a difference in the room just putting these lamps in too.
Nightstands are old too, probably from the 40's or 50's. They have 3 neat drawers inside that close away. Did I mention I love the new lamps? OK, I did.
Just in case anyone needs an idea on how to cover a boxspring on a sleighbed. This is fabric that I bought just enough of to sew onto a fitted sheet. It covers the boxspring perfectly so that when it shows, it's not ugly! Mostly it's under the coverlet, but a little of it peeks out.



I used a cream mattelasse coverlet and shams and bought all the fabric separately for pillows. The paisley and stripe came from Calico Corners. My mom sewed all my pillows for me. Ordered these blue/yellow botanicals off Ebay and had them framed at Hobby Lobby. 1/2 price frames and a new mat and I was all set. They have great framing deals if you buy their 1/2 prices frames and let them put it all together.
Pillows closer
Looking from the bathroom. You can see we don't have a lot of walking room in here, but it's cozy and works for us. I could shoot the builder who didn't push the outside wall out in that corner. They could have easily made the house square over there to accomodate more space in here. And I really hate only having one window in here.
There's enough room in this little corner for a chair and ottoman. My mom sewed this slipcover several years ago and did a great job. Luckily the fabric I chose goes with a lot. I'd love to do a cream slipcover eventually, although with sitting here and lounging, it would probably have to be washed all the time. Found those 2 plaid pillows at a yardsale for $1 each. Mom made my window treatments too. All the oil paintings in here were found at yardsales.An old china cabinet is perfect for hiding the TV. I did a makeover on this one last year and posted it here. You can see the changes it went through from when I first found it at an antiques place, all beat up. I used fabric on the doors that are from the pillow shams. Closeup of window treatment.


Covered the lampshade with some silk plaid. A side table and magazine rack, both from yardsales are on either side.
Closeup of the painted armoire. I used some leftover wall paint from one of the test quarts from my downstairs blue bathroom. Went over it with a little woodstain to tone down the blue a bit. Added a few stencils too.
One of the yardsale oil paintings.
Here's the top of that French armoire. This is one of my favorite antiques. It's a monster and really a pretty piece. You can see how close to the 9' ceiling it comes.
Again, you won't find anything like this brand new.


My dear friend, Maureen, from Georgia gave me the 3 Italian prints next to the vanity. I love them! This is her own photography from her trip to Italy and she knew I loved these.
The vanity where I put on my makeup, another older piece. Do you see a pattern here?
Closeup of the mirror detail. I love this piece too. Drawer detail. I just can't get off my soapbox about buying antique pieces. I really did think when I was younger that antiques were way outta my league, but I found out they truly are not. You can get a nice older piece for about the same as a junky newer piece in many cases. If you haven't tried antiques, think about it! Using old and new is what makes a home have that collected over time feel and not like you've gone furniture shopping in a weekend.



Hope you enjoyed the master bedroom tour. This is where we spend a lot of time and I wanted to make it a haven and it truly is. As I mentioned before, my hubby loves deep blue, so I decided to do blue and golden yellow in here. Those are a natural combo and I didn't have any trouble finding fabrics. We've really enjoyed it. I think the addition of "chester" and the new lamps really make it special now.



I'm working this week with our church's Backyard Bible Clubs, so will be very busy every morning. It's sort of like Vacation Bible School. Have a great week!


Stumble Upon Toolbar

100 friends stopped by:

Anonymous said...

Love your master. The furniture is all beautiful, I am not much for showroom furniture and I love antiques. It really makes your room interesting and unique. Great Job, thanks for sharing. Dana

Lisa Cobler said...

What a beautiful master bedroom. I love the furniture. I enjoy your blog.

Anonymous said...

You have created a beautiful and restful haven for you and your hubby. I know he must love your not to blue - just for him.

Bonita said...

I drool over everything you post! Your bedroom is gorgeous, but also has that cozy, comfy feel that a bedroom ought to have. Love the colors too and those lamps are truly adorable. The unique painted chest and the plaid lamp caught my eye immediately. Thanks so much for sharing, Rhoda!

Michelle said...

Such a beautiful job you've done, Rhoda! I love all the little details. You truly have created a peaceful, restful haven :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love your bedroom! I love the wall color (kindda want that type for our living room). Just like you, I love antiques. Right now, I'm the young girl trying to build her house. Thank goodness there are estate auctions down the street from us every week at our new home! Thanks so much for sharing this gorgeous room!

Blessings to you and yours,
Libby

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Beautiful room! And Amen, to buying antiques! They add so much character to a home, are so versatile, and never go out of style! I love the way the blues are pulled in from the bathroom! Great job! ~Rhonda :)

Unknown said...

Rhoda,
Thanks for the tour! I love the attention you give to every little detail!

The amoire is gorgeous! I know you'll never part with that piece. And your new chest looks great in it's new home.

I love anitques too! I have bought lots in recent years...mostly like you...by putting them on lay a way!
Hope your day is great!
Diane

Anonymous said...

What a luxurious and relaxing haven of a room Rhoda. You did not leave any detail unattended! Splendid job!

Deb said...

What a beautiful room. The antique pieces give it such a homey feel. I'm sure it is a place where you feel you can rest and relax in. Thanks for letting us in on your little haven.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Oh, it truly is a haven. I bought an antique china hutch at a yard sale last week. I just wanted to paint it black..quick and easy but my hubby insists on stripping it, and staining it. After seeing your room, I think he was right (yes, I am saying it..maybe:)

Catherine said...

Very pretty. I,too, use a cream or white coverlet and/or bedspread. I change them out and the neutral color lets me redecorate with any color without the expense of having to buy a whole new comforter. I love the furniture your bedroom.

I don't get the B'ham paper, but will take a look at it at my mom's to see your story!

Free Art Printables said...

Rhoda, I love your master and all of that antique furniture! You did an amazing job on the armoire! That's somehting some one would pay thousands for! Jen R

Trixi said...

Oh, Rhoda,
I love that room and guess what, I already have that very same cream colored coverlet. Now, all I need is all the rest.LOL
It looks great.
Blessings~~

Amy said...

RHODA!!! This looks FANTASTIC!!! We had so much fun browsing around. We love to come and see what you have been up to.

Amy & Rachel

Lettered Cottage said...

I, too, am a firm believer in the statement that every room should contain some antiques. I love the blend of old and new, but it's my antiques that make my house a home!

Layla
The Lettered Cottage

Anonymous said...

I barely know where to begin with all the things I love about your master bedroom. First, the antiques are stunning. I would much rather have an older piece of furniture than a new one. The pillows on the bed just pull everything together and the lamps are just perfect on the nightstands.

birdnestcottage.typepad.com

Michelle said...

Love the chest on chest! It looks lovely with the other antiques in the room!

Do you have room on that soapbox for one more? LOL When dh and I were first stationed at Ft. Rucker, AL. when we first married we began purchasing antique furniture on layaway. Now we buy from auctions. We've found antique furniture was built to last and is much better quality than most anything made today.

sandra/tx said...

Your home is such an inspiration, Rhoda. Thanks for the tour of your bedroom. I especially love Mo's Italy prints.

Courtney said...

just beautiful, Rhoda! LOVE that antique wardrobe!!

Liz Harrell said...

What a fabulous bedroom! And I adore the wall color too, it looks like a wonderful retreat!

Laura said...

Your master is so beautiful! I actually prefer a smaller bedroom, there is something so comfortable about them. The French armoire reminds me of the armoire in the Chronicles of Narnia, and I love it!

Laura :)

The Berry's Patch said...

Rhoda, I just love all your antiques! I was going to ask about the wall color, thanks for posting that. All your pillows look so nice on the bed. Why oh why do I like pillows so much? Your mom is one special lady. That slip cover is perfect.

Jane said...

Your room is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us! How sweet of you to include your hubby's favorite color.

Lynn said...

Beautiful! Those are the colors that I think will be next in our MB and bath.

I have to admit that I love how you are "matchy matchy." Colors have to go with each other to me. Don't make it look Ray Charles picked it out.

Now I have antique envy. I wish we had good places here in Alaska to buy them, but we don't.

Anonymous said...

Your bedroom is a great showcase for your interior design skills. I love the blue and sand tones and the armoire. Definitely an inspiration.
Karen

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

Love it, Rho. Thanks for the sweet email reply yesterday. I really do enjoy your blog so much. The advice about the well-built, older pieces of furniture is so true - they are made so much better and usually can be found for a better price than new!

OKGardners said...

How very, very pretty. Everything looks perfect. I have used SW BLONDE paint in my last two new homes. It is the new beige. It is neutral and pretty - no blah tan. Your accents and furniture make this such a pleasant place to see. Congrats on completing it.

Betty in Oklahoma

Anonymous said...

Afternoon, Rhoda! Oh, your bedroom is just beautiful. I, too, love all the older pieces of furniture and you have some beauties. That armoire! Who would have thot of redoing that little china cabinet and using it in the bedroom. It's precious and looks so nice here. Your bed linens are gorgoues and I'm drooling over your pillows. Well, I'll go now and sulk!! ;( No, I'm not jealous, not one bit lol
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jill said...

Love Chester. And blue/yellow is one of my favorite combinations.

jonrock53@mtaonline.net said...

Thanks so much for the inspiration. I have a beautiful new 2 year old house, beautiful antique dark wood bedroom furniture, and a lot of anxiety about what to do in there... I think I may borrow your pictures for some starting points and get going. I love it. Thanks so much. Do you do consultations in Alaska??

JeanMac said...

Oh, I love your master bedroom - esp. the lovely vanity and reading nook. Wonderful how the armoire tucks right into the corner as if made for it.
Your colors are very nice.

Kitty Scraps said...

Wow, your master bedroom is gorgeous. Love it all!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love it. But guess what my comment is? Your electric makeup mirror on your makeup table/vanity. I used to have one as a teenager. That really brings back memories. I have not seen one like that in ages. Thanks for bringing back some memories.

Unknown said...

Hi Rhoda,

What a great room. I love it. The color is so pretty and I love the photos of Italy, gorgeous. Also thanks for the tip about the sleigh bed box spring. I couldn't figure out what to do with ours.

Picket said...

I loved the tour!!! Your furniture pieces are gorgeous and I love the different fabrics you have in there! I love smaller bedrooms and alot of furniture in them....it makes such a warm cocoon feeling for me....great post girl!

Anonymous said...

Wow, there's so much eye candy in that room!! Love all the fabrics you used. Your window panels are so lush! I think "chester" looks right at home. It's all so beautiful and peaceful looking. I know you and hubby enjoy it!

-Hayley

Valarie Lea said...

Wow its gorgeous! I really love the blue and yellow. It looks great in there. :)

Toni said...

Rhoda, your master bedroom looks so lovely! What wonderful things you have found! I love the paint color. Blonde was one of the paint colors that was in the living room at our former home. I loved it in there. I might have to use it again!

By the way, thanks for visiting my blog and I added you to my blogroll so that others can inspired by you!

Cottage Rose said...

Rhonda; I love your master bedroom. you did a exceptional job. Love the color scheme. I agree with you 100% I would rather have vintage over new. The craftsmen ship is so much better. They took pride in their work and made by hand not machines.
OH and with real wood too. Thanks for sharing your lovely room. Have fun with your Church group.
Hugs;
Alaura

Natalie said...

How beautiful and INVITING! I love your colors and all of your furniture!! I agree with you on building your base of furniture with antiques. I bought a few pieces when hubby and I first got married and those are the ones we get the MOST compliments on!! You have such an eye for detail -- COME TO TAMPA!!! :)

The Beauty Bargainista said...

WOW! What an amazingly beautiful room. If I could get speachless, this would be me speachless.......................lol! There are so many things I like about it, but that Armoire is just STUNNING! I have always loved this color combination,a nd you pulled it off beautifully. Great job, you deserve a very big pat on the back! You should be very proud!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Great post!!

I'm loving that blue paint that's peeking at me from your bathroom! And I am 110% with you on the old furniture. The first piece of "real" furniture I ever bought was not from Ikea (though I have spent my time & money there!)...it was from an auction and was (is) a fantastic antique ice cream parour table that I will never get rid of.

Essential Oil Premier University said...

I love your master and all of your antiques. I am just in the beginning stages of re-decorating our master bedroom. We've been in this new house 8 years and have yet to do our master bedroom. I have, however, done the girl's bedrooms twice-over already!! Now it's mom and dad time!! I have purchased several items and am still in the "decorating" in my mind stage. . . before I begin to paint.

I adore antiques too, however, don't you find that there is a musty smell to them? How do you eliminate that smell?

Blessings,

Sher

Anonymous said...

hi Rhoda so many lovely touches in there and so beautifully kept too, you've inspired me to really finish off my bedroom so I can get a tour of it posted on my blog!

i love the makeover on the tv unit, I am off to have a look at that post, as you can imagine I am very interested to see how you did it..

i love the sleigh bed too, imagine sinking into that at the end of a long day...delightful!

Sarah

A Hint of Home said...

Your master is beautiful. I love the colors you chose. All your furniture pieces are treasures in deed.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Smelling Coffee said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your lovely home and ideas with us! I always look forward to what you have to show/teach us. :-)

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Hey, nice lamps. ;-)

Rhoda you have so much talent and such an eye for details!

Enjoy the Backyard Bible Club! We did that this summer also.

Dena said...

Hi Rhoda,

I love your master bedroom! Everything in you home has such an elegant touch :)

Hugs,
Dena

Darlene said...

What a beautiful master bedroom....it is just so cozy and comfy looking. I love the colors you have used in the blues/yellows and all the details just pop. Our master is tiny but I really need to do a make-over on it starting with getting a new bed!!!

Sue said...

Hi Rhoda,
Your Master Bedroom turned out just beautiful. I really love the view from the bathroom picture. The flower pictures that you had framed are gorgeous. It is hard to find good blue and white pictures.
Thanks for the tour sweetie.
Hugs,
Sue

Mary said...

So beautiful! I, too, love the lamps, and you know how I feel about antiques! Thanks for sharing. :)
xoxo,
Mary

Sandi McBride said...

Such beautiful furniture...I love antiques, it is so much better made than the junk they pass off as wood today. I love the Sleigh bed...and the touches of the different blues is fantastic. You've done a great job with it, I love it! I know, like it matters how I feel about it, lol...I'm sure you love it too!
hugs
Sandi

Unknown said...

Rhonda! Love it all! I love that most is antiqued or found pieces that you mastered into your liking! You clever thing!
Hugs,
Robyn

Come by and say hello when you can!

Tonja said...

It looks great! You have done a great job pulling it all together! Your talent is showing!!!!

ugagirl30 said...

Love the antiques. Your mom did a fabulous job on those gorgeous drapes. "Chester" looks right at home there.

Sarah said...

I love your master, and thanks for sharing the color...but what color is in the bathroom? -s

Anonymous said...

Your decorating is awesome. I love your colors as well as the great furniture. Antiques are my passion.

Great job,

Jeanne

Catty Wampus said...

what a beautiful home; I love the colors of your bedroom; you really have a talent for decorating. Merrie

Karen said...

I love your furniture too! Wow! I was just saying to my husband, we have accumulated quite a few antiques now. We just got a "gossip bench" and it is in my foyer with an antique buffet. Great job!~

Nancy Hood said...

Do not say you need more room! What a divine place to rest and escape to!! Love it, love it, love it!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Ooo la la I love that French armoire, Rhoda! How lovely. I enjoyed the tour, thanks for all the details and closeups!

Happy weekend!

Melissa

Kim Hancock said...

I love the pillows on your bed. The blue with the yellow is beautiful!

Elle Jay Bee said...

Oh my goodness, Rhoda, it is simply gorgeous...very luxurious!! It is definitely you, and I can't imagine ever wanting to leave it!!

Thanks for such a detailed tour!
Linda

Missy Wertz said...

Love your MBR! Thanks for the tour and great job!!!

desiree said...

wonderful home. Love the photos!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Hi Rhoda! Thanks for the tour....the french armoire is just stunning! You did a lovely job

Ms. Tee said...

You have a very lovely master bedroom. Your window treatments are wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

it's so cozy! i love antiques too. they don't make 'em like they used to, do they? the detail is gorgeous.

Jaelou said...

I like it! My favorite things are the pillows on your bed - it dresses it up so much - and the way you caddy corned the chair and cabinet.

It really doesn't look very crowded for all the furniture in there. Good job! Wow!

Marie Louise said...

Your bedroom is beautiful. So many lovely things, especially the side tables. And the blue in the bathroom - LOVE IT!

Blogger said...

Did your friend go to Bologna, Italy? I love the porticos in the photos that she gave to you, I would love those pictures, too, wow!

We spend a lot of time in our bedroom, too, so I am glad that we finally took some time out to re-do it...we absolutely love going in there now, before it was like, ugh..here we are, lol.

I love all of the furniture in your room and your mom is a fantastic sewer! I like how you gave that tree some heighth by putting it on a pedastal, that was smart.

Thanks for the tour..I know you are busy, but if you get the chance, stop by my open house, I think you will like it!

Bella :)

Unknown said...

I really like your furniture, it's so elegant. It has great personality!

Unknown said...

You have no IDEA how beautiful this room is to me! I love your taste and wish I could snatch you right up for a while.

Well, I did snatch you right us as I have just bookmarked this very page. I also took notes on that wall color too.

My family room is basically done in the same color family as your bedroom and I have been moaning over what color to choose when our new home is built. Let me tell ya girlfriend, I think I just made my decision right now. Many thanks to you!!!

Lezlie said...

Love the antique chest. Thanks for sharing your master bedroom.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful and peaceful bedroom. Thanks for all the tips, like starting with quality vintage pieces and building on those. Also, thanks for the tip on covering the box spring - I'm going to use that tip right away!

Reagan said...

This is a great room. I love all the different colors and styles that blend together to create a unified area. Love the wall color.

Anonymous said...

Why I declare ... that is a gorgeous room! Such style and grace. Thanks so much for the tour!

Tara (Random Acts of Home Decor)

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Rhoda the room is stunning. (As the rest of your home!)
I cannot agree more on the antiques; value and quality. You have some gorgeous peices. Love the armoire and vanity! Chester is a great addition as well.

I have used the Walmart version of SW Blonde for years and never tire of it. It goes with so many things.

The pillows on the bed are adorable.

Nikki (from GI)

angela | the painted house said...

Love your delightful collection of pillows on the bed!

Unknown said...

Hey Rhoda, would you mind if I use one of your pics in my blog tomorrow? I would like to show some pictures of the colors in my family room and also be able to use your picture as my inspiration. If it is alright with you, I would also give the link to your site in my post so that the readers could see the full room.

If not, it's alright, I understand and not to worry. I'm just so excited at the moment that I can hardly contain myself!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Oh - how we love your bedroom!! Your antiques are so awesome - we love using them and agree with you - buy old NOT new!! It makes a room look so much more put together - classic, and like it's been there for quite some time!
Thanks for sharing!
Karla & Karrie

Unknown said...

Thank you Rhoda! And I've already given you my thumbs up over in Julia's comments as my favorite room of all on this whole tour!

Now, if I could find the perfect inspiration for my kitchen, dining room and living room I'll be doing well!

I'm the kind that has such a hard time committing to color and this new home that we're building (we're still working on the floor plan ~ the foundation is not even poured ~ it's gonna be a while) will be my very first home EVER with color on the walls. Ya know, other than the builder’s grade stuff.

Thanks again.

Fifi Flowers said...

Thanks for the tour... with a room like that... you'd hate to go any where! Truly lovely and cozy!

Elizabeth said...

Good Lord. I've found my dream room and sadly it's yours and not mine. Wanna trade? LOLOL

No? FINE.

Sigh. ;P

Darla said...

Hey Rhoda, just wanted to stop by - I know you know how much I love this room, since I want to replicate it at my own house. LOL!

Great to see you on the tour too!

Abbreviated said...

Thanks for the tour !

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Your master bedroom is beautiful--and clearly, it's been a big hit with the blog party-goers. I've heard from a couple people that it was their favorite stop on the tour.

I love the pillows on the bed and the way you arranged them. Gorgeous!

Thanks again for joining the blog party, Rhoda! -Julia :-)

Susie Q said...

I always love visiting you Rhoda...and your home is so warm, so elegant, so beautiful.
Your bedroom is restful and so pretty. It is such a welcome haven from the stress of the day.
You have a rich gift...

Love,
Sue

trishtoo said...

Hi Rhoda, found your blog over on the gardenweb site, and had to come over to see what you've been up to. Your home is absolutely gorgeous, but why should I be surprised~so was your home in GA!!

I'm happy to read that things are going so well with you, and you've started an ID business to boot~congratulations! You're so talented, Rhoda!

I'm moving to Austin~build a house!!~at the end of August. I can hardly wait to get out of CA!! My dream is to open a home decor thrift store, with a few new things that i've picked up 'on-the-cheap'. An article was in the Austin news regarding how popular thrift stores have become. I hope to make it more like a boutique, with lots of vignettes.

Anyway, glad to read all is well. Y'all take care now...hear?(practicing my TX drawl hahahaha)

Trish/from Passions and long ago, Great Impressions

Anonymous said...

Love your bedroom! I am going to re-do mine soon and I am looking for fabrics to use with my blue carpet( it is just to good to replace!) and I love the blue and gold buffalo ck. that you used for the pillow. Could you tell me where you found that fabric?

Anonymous said...

oops, Rhoda, I was talking about the pillow fabric on the bed, not the chairs. thanks.

Cathy said...

so pretty. I love the blue and yellow combination!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Anon, it's been almost 3 years ago since I got that fabric, but I think I might have gotten it at one of my fabric stores in Atlanta & I don't remember exactly which one. I only got enough to do a couple of pillows & also covered the wall lampshade in there. Sorry! That's about all I can tell you. You might do a search online for Buffalo checks & see what you can find.

Rhoda

Screaming Meme said...

I love that color...What color is that? Screaming Meme

Anonymous said...

Love your bedroom! So beautiful! My favorite thing is the monogrammed pillow! I'm really enjoying your blog! Patti

Anonymous said...

Love your bedroom! So beautiful! My favorite thing is the monogrammed pillow! I'm really enjoying your blog! Patti

Blogger said...

Hi Rhoda, I have something for you over at my blog, come see, come see! :) Bella

Darla said...

Alrighty, I'm ready to start this project - next week paint goes on the walls. :)

I have a little bit different color scheme than this but this is definitely my inspiration! Thanks for all your help a few months ago when I started gathering items.

I still need some lamps. Doggone lamps are hard to find inexpensively.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. Love it. LOVE THAT MASTER BEDROOM. Really, your house is really beautiful. Thanks for sharing your decorating ideas and yard sale finds. I live in the Memphis area, motivated to go find some yard sales now.

Have a great weekend

Marilyn