Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Christmas Open House Inspiration

We are still in Florida having some fun, but here is some Christmas inspiration that I thought you might enjoy. I'll share some Florida pics when I return!
Recently, my friend Debbie and I stopped by the Christmas Open House at one of my favorite Homewood shops, Harmony Landing. They always decorate so nicely for the holidays and we were not disappointed this year.

So, I thought you'd all enjoy the tour as well. Come along for some Christmas ideas and holiday cheer. It's just around the corner, you know! Mercury glass is still very popular this year and I picked up a few pieces in the after Christmas sales last year. Oh my, can't wait to get this out.
These glitzy gold candlesticks were all decked out.
Classic gold tree. And traditional red and green (lime green, no less!). I love these bright pops of color.
More understated greens. I've incorporated a lot of this color into my holiday decor.
Love this tree.
Green always catches my eye.
Reindeer, wreath and tree.
Feathers and golden balls in a bowl look very festive.
Glitzy table setting. Not the clearest pic of this.
I have started collecting a few of these bottlebrush trees and thought this was a pretty way to display them.
More green and white
A hutch filled with Christmas Joy!

Hope you got inspired to get ready to decorate for Christmas! It's almost time, you know? I'll be dragging my stuff out around Thanksgiving week, I'm sure.
How about you, have you started decorating yet?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

57 friends stopped by:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda!

I'm sure you're enjoying Florida - it was 22 here this morning!! It's hard to get out of bed when it's that cold!

Loved seeing the pictures! I'm glad there's more lime green this Christmas - it was a little hard to come by last year. So many lovely ideas in that store!

Manuela

Terri Steffes said...

You inspired me! And I have a board meeting tonight... waaahhha!

I love the lime green and red... so whimsical!

Tardevil said...

What beautiful pictures. I love the green & brown...my favorites, but I also like the traditional red & green. Ok, I may as well admit it, I like trees & decor in all the colors except orange & yellow. Enjoy your trip! Thanks for a great tour!

Trixi said...

We will start decorating Thanksgiving night and I have already started my fall cleaning for it. I would love one of those Gold trees but I guess that will have to wait until the kids no longer care what goes on my tree. Your pictures are beautiful.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Good Morning, Rhoda! Great pictures and inspiration! I love the topiaries on the candlesticks! Great idea! Big Lots has several cute bottlebrush items! ...some cute little wreaths, (and cheap! LOL!). ~Rhonda :)

CMB said...

Love these pics...I will have to remember this shop the next time I am in B'ham. I use a lot of lime green too, haven't started decorating but have been doing a lot of planning! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Kitty Scraps said...

Good Morning Miz Rhoda,
Beautiful decorations! I especially love the classic green and gold tree, you'd never get tired of that one year after year. Tahnks for sharing!

I hope you're having a wonderful time enjoying the beautiful Florida weather. Can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tour, Rhoda. The gold tree is pretty. I'm doing our gold tree in the living room, this year. Can't wait!

I've seen lots of lime, here and there, this year. I have bits and pieces of lime from another tree, I'm not assembling this year. I hope to figure out a place to use it, since I still like it.

I hope to get to some more Christmas open houses. They are always fun.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I was in there the other day...and it does make you just want to go home and decorate. Did you see the Deer candlesticks? I loved those! (they were on the traditional gold, white tabl, first on the left).My cousin has a cabin and I had to get those for her. I thought they'd be perfect for their rustic quality, yet even being rustic they had an elegance to them because of the color.

I love this time of year!
Enjoy your trip.

Suzann said...

WOW! I want to go shopping there!!!
I love the mercury looking glass - I have to buy some of that this year. The idea of decorating with green is also very appealing.
Wonderful photos - great ideas!

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Oh yes, hopefully, this Sunday after church we'll get started. I need hubby to help me put up the tree (fake) first. . .then I can decorate it later in the week myself!!

Blessings,

Sher

Anonymous said...

Pretty pics! I do not decorate until AFTER Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving has special meaning all it's own and I don't want to rush that. But, yes, I have been thinking and planning what to do. This week and next, I'll be doing some deep cleaning to get ready for the holidays. I always like to do that before the holidays. We'll start decorating immediately following Thanksgiving. I don't get into the popular colors each year as I prefer to use ornaments, etc. that have real meaning to us. Many have been collected over the years. I collect vintage tinsel and scrap ornaments and we have alot of ornaments that represent special times, people, etc. Even an ornament from our first Christmas (married), 26 years ago.

tina

tinam61@yahoo.com

Salmagundi said...

Enjoyed the tour! I always start after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas. BTW, I enjoyed Eddie Ross's blog. Thanks for steering me there. Sally

Anonymous said...

You know me! I have my tree up and my garland is hung~ I wish I could say all the presents were wrapped and under the tree but.... Im slow on that end. I love all the pictures, thanks. Cant wait to see what you have for us next~

Unknown said...

What beautiful displays! I love Christmas decorating. I change it up every year. This year we are doing a tree with only white origami ornaments, made by my daughters.

Did I mention I love Christmas??

Hugs,
Gina

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Wow, what a gorgeous shop! I love all their green stuff...I am drawn to that this year too! Enjoy your time in Florida!
Carrie

Administrator said...

Thanks for the inspiration.. once I am done decorating, I can start decorating!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda,
I decorated 1 1/2 weeks ago, so excited to get it all up. I haven't posted all my pics yet. Have a great time in Florida. We have already had a dusting of snow, it was beautiful.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

I've just started in the past few days, I'm doing a little every day, and plan to have it all done this week :)! Great inspirational pics!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and inspiring! LOVE the lime green in the Christmas decor!

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Oh wow that sure gets the juices flowing !!

I wait until after Thanksgiving don't like to confuse the holidays :)

Take care,
Kathy :)

Unknown said...

Hi Rhoda,
Love the pictures. I really like the lime color too....I wonder if there is spray paint for that color?

I have some old stuff that would look great painted lime.

Thanks for sharing.
Diane

Becky said...

What beautiful things. Thanks for always including us in your trips. Hope you guys are having a blast in Florda.

Natasha said...

Lovely christmas items. One of my favorite times of year.

I tagged you on my blog mainly becaseu I wanted everyone to come and visit your blog to let them know it is wonderful
Natasha

Ms. Tee said...

What pretty displays! I'm trying my best to hold off on Christmas stuff, but this is just about to make me do it! lol ;)

Liz Harrell said...

Oh my gosh, I cant get over the mantle in that first picture! Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Oh, now you make me want to go down to Homewood w/ my niece (she lives there).

Missing O'Carrs, Three Sheets (and that cute furniture store across from it... At Home?), Nabeel's, and Penzey's...

{sigh}

Did you hit Bayou Art and Antiques yet? What did ya think?

Bo said...

Hi Ms. Rhoda...thanks for taking us shopping...and for us being able to leave our purses at home!
Great ideas... ;-) Bo

Amanda said...

yep just started this week.
http://theecklife.blogspot.com/2008/11/little-christmas-tour.html

DESIGN BY CATHLEEN said...

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! How Fun :-)

SophieMae said...

You've inspired me to get back to sorting out whatever I'm going to use this year. I audibly OOOOOed when the first picture came up. And I WANT that magnolia picture behind the gold balls in a bowl! Our area is definitely deficient when it comes to nice little shops.

Aren't you glad you're in sunny Flarda right now? (Is it as cold there as it is here?!)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Rhoda!

Look at all the Christmas goodies! This was such a nice break in the day. :-)

I want those angels in the first shot.

On another note, you didn't tell me how much work running a blog is, girlfriend. I'm whipped, but in a good way. I love the chatting and all, but it's loading pictures. How do you do it and live??? I must have loaded a dozen or so last night, and I didn't go to bed! They turned out pretty, though... scenes of fall in Florida. We really DO have a fall, but no one believes us when we say we do. ;-)

Hopping in and out in a quick flit. I've got to do something in my real life (the one where you take showers, wash dishes, answer the phone, pay bills, make meals... if I can still remember how) because I've got lots going on here with brides to be!

Hope you're having fun in Destin with Daisy!

Thanks for all of your encouragement. Love you bunches.

XO,

Sheila...out on a Magpie limb

The Berry's Patch said...

Love all the Christmas inspiration! :0)

Darla said...

Mmmmm I love these ideas Rhoda!

I left you an award on my blog and then totally spaced off telling you. Sorry about that.

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

I have been a faithful stalker for quite some time, but I had to come out of hiding. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration...as always! I loved all your holiday pics. I especially love the lime green and red...that's what I'm going with this year. I decided to do a little more whimsical decorating for my kids...it can't all be about me. My decorating is in full swing. I just couldn't wait any longer. I want to enjoy it for as long as possible. Christmas time just makes me go all warm and fuzzy!

jerseygirl211 said...

Hi Rhoda,

Thanks for the visit to my blog, and the nice comment.
I do the flowers for our church and also the decorating for Christmas. Two years ago I started to use lime green, gold and a frosted white, with all gold ribbon. Some people liked it and some wanted to know where the red and green was.:( I told them that I thought GOD deserved more than just the ordinary red and green. I surprised myself, it's not like me to speak up like that. Oh well..you win some and lose some.

Sounds like your having fun on your little vacation. Thanks for sharing.

'D'

Christine said...

lol as I am looking through your wonderful Christmas pictures your message popped up!...lol I have ya tagged so I will for sure be visiting you! I'll bring the hot drinks! Have a great day!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I hope you are having a blast....I just finally finished decorating for Thanksgiving, and now I have to put it all away? :)

Lady Katherine said...

Oh, thank you so much for taking me on the Christmas tour. It really makes me get into the spirit! I love the bottle brushes. I passed some up last week, and so sorry I forgot to back for them, just hope they are still there! Thank you for introducing Eddie to me. His blog is so info and fun. Have fun in Destin. I love the shops there. Sounds like you are having a great time. Last fall we were there and went to the winery for a tasting, my brother does not drink wine, and he left with a case! I wish I was at The Back Porch eating seafood, or at AJ'S, best oysters! Have fun with Miss Daisy.

Nancy Rosalina said...

Hi Rhoda, I enjoyed the shopping trip, but I would...LOL. I am so loving those candle sticks with the topiarys on the top...very pretty! Hope you are having a wonderful trip. Nancy

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Loved all of the seasonal pretties!
Rhonda, you won a Charles Faudree book over at Gollum! Please drop me an email with your mailing address! Congratulations! The book is just beautiful.

Angie said...

I have already started decorating and it is a slow drawn out process for me. I seem to take forever to finish, but I love doing it! Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures! I was so excited when I saw you had Christmas decor pics!

Anonymous said...

Harmony Landing is one of my favorites shops to visit when in Birmingham. My oldest daughter lives in Crestview. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures, the greens & golds decorations are my favorite. Their floral designers do a top notch job with all their arrangements and often times have little yummies to taste throughout the shop.
Bless You-

Anonymous said...

LOVE those mercury glass ornaments. And I too am so fond of an understated green palette for Christmas, especially paired with crisp wite. Great post, Rhoda...and thanks again for such a great article. So many of your readers have come over and said hello! Looking forward to seeing your decorations this year. Jaithan and I haven't started yet, but will be posting soon!
-Eddie

Chris said...

Wow! Now that's some eye candy! I love green--beautiful pics. We start decorating the day after Thanksgiving, but not a moment sooner. I like to hold on to Thanksgiving decorations until that holiday. No need to rush it.

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Oh this has inspired me!!!! :)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Rhoda....that looks like a wonderful shop to get great ideas from! Thanks for sharing those great picures!

Have fun in Florida...
Penny

Joy said...

I'm not ready to decorate for Christmas yet, but I loved the inspiration!
Hope you're having a wonderful time in Florida.

Rhondi said...

Hi Rhoda
Beautiful decorating ides! Hope you're having a great time in sunny Florida.
Hugs, Rhondi

Anonymous said...

Your house at Christmas reminds me so much of my grandmothers. I won't get to travel home to NC this Christmas, so thanks for keeping the memory alive

Gretchen said...

It is all FAB-U-LOUS!!!
I love all the glitter and greens.

Anonymous said...

Hello, did you know you won the drawing over at Gollum's? Check it out.

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Rhoda; Hope you are enjoying your trip to Fl. WE are getting snow and wind and cold. brrrrrr.. I just love all the photos of the Christmas displays. They have such wonderful decorations. Thanks for sharing your fun with us.

Hugs;
Alaura

Anonymous said...

You Lucky Duck! We're freezing our buns off in KC, MO (will be in the teens by the morning) and you guys are dog-sitting and breezing around in a golf cart and lounging by the pool in Florida! Well, enjoy, enjoy! :)

Loved your Christmas Open House photos--I really liked the bottle brush trees and Mercury Glass cylinder display!

Thank you for telling us about Eddie Ross! I loved his blog!

Have a great trip and a wonderful Thanksgiving! Dana

Free Art Printables said...

ohh. what great stuff!

Kellan said...

So beautiful, Rhoda! Dont you just love Christmas! Love your site and all the beautiful ideas and photos! You have fabulous taste - the best!!

Take care - Kellan

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

I hope you're having a great time in Florida :0). Those are some great pics and I love the greens they used. I haven't started decorating for Christmas yet. I don't do that until the day after Christmas. It usually takes me all day, but what satisfaction to see if all done and "almost" finished. I say "almost" because we do not get our tree until the 2nd week of December. If we get it any earlier it dries out (very dry here this year) and dies :0(.