Sunday, February 1, 2009

Two Years Old

Birthday Cupcake

My blog is 2 years old!

Two years ago, on a whim and at the encouragement of my sweet friend, Kim of Daisy Cottage fame, I started blogging. And I’m so happy I did! I’ve met so many great friends and wonderful women who share the love of home and hearth just like I do. And it’s been such a blessing to me to have YOU out there reading, commenting, emailing and interacting with me. If not for you, I wouldn’t be doing this blog. So, thank ALL OF YOU from the bottom of my heart for making my blog a fun place to visit.

And thanks to ALL of you for taking my poll! As I figured, decorating and yardsaling came in as the top 2 things that most of you are interested in with the rest of the topics trailing behind. But, to all of you who enjoy the recipes, shopping, travel, and my family adventures, do not fear...I'm not changing anything. I was just curious as to what you all like and I'm not surprised a bit! Decorating always gets my attention on blogs too and because it's such a creative part of my life, along with doing it on a budget, that will continue to be the main focus of my blog. I just have to be myself and what I share with you is just my life and what I do, so I'm glad it is interesting to you and that's what I'll keep on sharing. I can’t be anyone else but ME, so that’s what you see here at Southern Hospitality. I am so grateful that so many of you come by my blog and I've gotten a TON of new readers, so welcome to all of you who just found me in the last month or so. I’m so glad you did! It seems that during the Christmas season, I pick up a lot of new readers from the Christmas tours. And it was this time last year that I launched my home decorating business. It's been an interesting first year with a few new clients. I'm not setting any records for successful new businesses and I'm not getting rich, but I sure have enjoyed doing what I love to do and helping women create a more beautiful home. I'm looking forward to what this year holds as well.

I only wish I had more time in the day to visit all my old and new friends that I've made in these 2 years of blogging. I constantly run out of time to visit blogs and that always makes me feel sad, but it's just a fact of the blogworld. Can't do it all, so thanks for understanding! I tell people that blogging is like having a part-time job...and it truly is! A fun part-time job.

SAVE THE DATE: Birmingham Girls: Let's definitely put March 7th on the calendar for the Birmingham Flea Market. I've never been, so we can all explore it together. I have heard they have some killer deals on oil paintings. Let's have some fun shopping, going to lunch, and looking forward to a great spring. I'll come up with more details as it gets closer to the date.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

71 friends stopped by:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Bloggie Birthday!!!

Deb said...

2 years that is GREAT! I'm new at the blogging world, enjoy your!

It's Always Something Around Here said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday to you!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Rhoda,
Happy birthday to your blog! I always enjoy hearing about how some of my favorite blogs got started...now I know about you!

Happy Sunday to you,
Diane

Alicia said...

Happy Blog Birthday, Rhoda. Can't believe it's already been 2 years. Love your birthday cupcake!

Allicia

Terri Steffes said...

I have enjoyed getting to know you through your blog. You are very inspirational and I thank God for leading me to you!

Blondie's Journal said...

Hooray for you Rhoda!! May I say again, I love your blog!! So many great tips and ideas and your shopping trips are such fun to follow.

Happy 200th Blog to a beautiful lady!!! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Kathi said...

I've enjoyed your blog from the first day I found it. Happy Two Year birthday! I'm looking forward to meeting you in March at the fairgrounds!

Free Art Printables said...

HAppy Blogiversary!!!! I am happy you started blogging and I am glad to know you! :)

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday Rhoda! I am so glad you did start your blog...I enjoy it so much!
Tracy

Stacey said...

Rhoda, we just enjoy your great ideas so much. You are real like the rest of us - and that's better than any magazine on the news stand! Keep it up!

Ivy Lane said...

Happy Birthday Rhoda! and thanks for all the wonderful, fun and inpsiring posts!!! I enjoy visiting your blog so very much!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Happy blog birthday. I always enjoy reading your blog and the interesting things you post about. have a great week.
Lorri

The Bliss Journey said...

A great big Happy Birthday shout out to you.
Kathleen

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Happy 2nd blogday to you! You've been such an inspiration...and thanks to you, yardsaling is a new, fabulous verb. "Today I will be eating, jogging and yardsaling." ;-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Looking forward to more of your yardsale finds.

CMB said...

Happy Blog Birthday! Wow, 2 years...I am looking forward to seeing what your 3rd year brings!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Rhoda~ 2 years?
You have done a lot in two years... you are my go to girl when it comes to how do I's?

Happy Bloggy birthday!
See you March 17th.

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Happy Birthday Southern Hospitality Blog!!! Congrats Rhoda! Did you know that I started blogging because of you?!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!!!
WOO HOO!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your blog! Rhoda, your blog remains one of my favorites, and it's at the top of my blog list on my computer. I really appreciate all you ladies that blog and give the rest of us eye candy to drool over, plus ideas we can use ourselves.

Janelle said...

Congrats! Your bathroom pictures have been a great help to me this weekend--thanks!

sandra/tx said...

Congrats on this milestone, Rhoda. You've put so much into your blog, it's exciting to see how it's evolved.

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary, Rhoda. It doesn't seem like it's been two years!!
Just about one more month and I will celebrate 2 years at the Back Porch! Can't believe how the time has flown by.

Nadine said...

Congratulations on blogging for 2 years. It's amazing how quickly time flies when you're having fun.

Lori said...

Happy Blog Birthday Rhoda!!! You've created an awesome blog that a lot of people enjoy. Here's to many more years of blogging!!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Happy Blog Anniversary! I have enjoyed getting to know you. I love your decorating style and your zest for life....here is to many more years of blog friendship!
Hugs,
Penny
p.s. I borrowed your idea and am also doing a poll....see what an inspiration you are to me :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Bloggie Birthday Rhoda, you and Kim were the first blogs I visited, which led me to many other nice blogs, I didn't even know this blogging world existed 2 years ago, thanks for being so nice to this anonymous blogger, I love reading....I wish I lived closer to you I know we'd hit it off, we share so much !!!

Thanks again Rho and I can't wait for the Monday post :)

All the best....

Your Yankee friend,
Kathy :)

ksarra said...

Happy 2nd birthday. I enjoy reading your posts, whether they are about cooking, gardening or (yes, my favorite too) decorating! You always have inspiring ideas to share. Thanks...

Nantucket Karen said...

Happy Birthday Girl!! This 2 Year Old blog is just beautiful and I've been soooo enjoying it:) Here's to many more years of your posts!!!
Warmly,
Nantucket Karen

Anonymous said...

Happy Blog Birthday/Anniversary! I love to read your blog..you are very inspiring. Have a wonderful day.

{{Big Hugs}}

Cathy

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Congratulations Rhoda! And Happy Anniversary!
I look forward to the lfea market triP!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Congratulations. We are very happy you started blogging two years ago. :)

I know what you mean about keeping up with blogs. I am so far behind in answering e-mails, not to mention viewing others blogs.

I subscribe through Bloglines and every once in awhile, have to start clicking away just to keep up instead of going to a blog like I prefer.

9405018--Pat said...

Wow!!!!I have enjoyed getting to know you through your blog! I love your blog thanks for sharing....Pat

Lisa said...

SO GLAD TO HAVE FOUND YOU. HAPPY BLOGGING BIRTHDAY! HUGS FROM MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

You have come a long way in 2 years. You style and taste show. Good luck in the years to come.

Carol Murdock said...

Happy Blog Birthday, Rhoda !
I'm so glad you made the choice to blog!
Carol

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Happy Blog Birthday, Rhoda! Congratulations on having this wonderful blog so many people enjoy, and thank you for letting us share your life with you.

Your blog and your friendship are what encouraged me to jump in the river and swim! ;-) Kim's, too, along with Miss Janie from MS.

Sending love and well wishes your way today and every day...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Happy Birthday! I've really enjoyed your blog and look forward to many more posts you share with us. Hugs, Marty

Kris said...

Happy Blogger Birthday.

I've enjoyed your blog and always make sure to read your post.

Kris

Maggie said...

Happy birthday! While I seldom comment, your blog is on my regulars list.

The blog of MBW said...

Happy Anniversary!! I’m so glad that I found your blog. It has so many useful hints and how to’s and it’s always well worth a visit.

What I also like about you is when I first commented on your post that you came to my mine and visited me too.

I feel your kindness just by reading your posts... You are a blessing to a lot of people.

I also understand if you can’t visit everybody’s blogs. You can only do so much. :-)

Tardevil said...

Happy Bloggerita Birthday to you!

Glenda said...

Congratulations on your Anniversary of your blog. May times you have put a smile on my face.

Here's to another year.

CIao

Missy Wertz said...

Happy Blog Birthday! I plan on being there on the 7th!

Familjen Stålnacke said...

Happy Blog Birthday Rhoda!
Huggles from Sweden,
Susanne

Wendy said...

Happy 2nd Birthday!

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Happy blog birthday! I love your blog!

Shay said...

I love your blog! I have been a lurker for some time now!!Happy 2nd!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda - Happy 2 year Blogaversary! Wow I can't believe it's been two years - time really does fly! Keeping up with blogs old and new is the challenging part, but hopefully everyone understands that.

Manuela

We've Got Scents said...

Happy "bloggy" birthday to you:)
Blessings always,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22

Carry Grace said...

Happy Blog Birthday!

Beth at Aunties said...

Congratulations and Happy Bloggy Birthday! You blog was one which helped me make the decision of also starting a blog. Thansk for sharing all your wonderful ideas!


♥♥♥

Jill said...

Happy 2 years, Rhoda! You're a cherished - and much enjoyed - blog friend!

Bebe said...

Happy Blog Birthday Rhoda!!
Congratulations on 200 posts ~ that's a wonderful accomplishment! Just keep doing what you do, because I love reading your blog!! It's been so good to talk to you and share some Southernness!
Lots of bloggy hugs, Bebe :)

Bo said...

Awww dear Ms. Rhoda...
congratulations on being 2 years old...you don't look a day over one...LOL...You were such an inspiration & a mentor to my beginning days of blogging...Thank you dear lady...I'm going to be checking out your Lentil-Spinach Stew soon...I've loved so many of your recipes... ;-) Bo

Zoe said...

Congratulations! I came upon your blog by accident when I was searching for tureen fabric for my kitchen and have been a loyal follower ever since. My husband says we are decorating sisters separated at birth because our styles are so similar and we have so many of the same items.

Thanks for giving us so many great ideas!

Zoe

A New England Life said...

Spring can't come soon enough! Sounds like fun at the flea market.

Congrats on 2 years, Rhoda! That's wonderful! I hope I still have something to say after that long. LOL!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Congratualtions on your blog birthday!! I have been a loyal (lurker) reader for a year now, but never introduced myself. I started a blog on Jan. 1 after seeing how much fun all of you have.

Keep up the great posts... I love your decorating style and you have inspired me to make some decorating changes around my house.

Hopeing your 3rd year of blogging is even grander for you!

Janice said...

A Joyous Happy 2nd Birthday to Southern Hospitality !!!

Rhoda - How can it be 2 years already???

I enjoy each and every post and LOVE that I'm a "Follower"..... It makes it so easy to see when you've added a post.

I'm anxiously awaiting your post about framing your mirror.... It's on our project list and now we'll know how to do it....

As always, thank you for sharing your life, both personal and creative with us all.....

hugs - janice

Heather said...

I love your blog and I love it even more now knowing that I share my birthday with it!
Looking forward to what is to come.

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday, Ms. Rhoda!!
Keep doing exactly what you're doing now...we LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, Happy Blog Birthday sweet girl! I can't express how much I love you and your blog - you are a gift to us that we treasure... your blog is as beautiful as you are.
Much love,
Kim

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Happy Blogaversary! Two years!!
It sure has gone by quick as a wink.
Cheers!
Donna

Kristen said...

Happy Blog Birthday!!!

Coffee with Cathy said...

Rhoda -- Count me in on the B'ham Flea Market day. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Happy Bloggie Birthday! I've enjoyed reading your beautiful blog!
-Kim

punkinmama said...

Congrats on 2 years! I'm a newer reader of your blog, but I'm glad you started it too!

Adam said...

I share the same views. Liked your blog very much.

Daniel said...

I chanced upon to view your blog and found it very interesting. Great ... Keep it up!