Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Online Consultations

Rowe Hanover sofa














(Photo from Rowe furniture, online - This is my familyroom sofa)

After receiving a few inquiries about doing some online decorating consultations, I thought it would be a good idea to come up with a plan for that, so here it is for those who of you who might be interested. There are a lot of online resources out there these days for decorating/design help, so if you like my style and how I do things, I hope you’ll perhaps consider hiring me to help you with getting your home just the way you’ve envisioned it. I’m very good at visualizing what a space can look like and that’s how I come up with ideas in my own home. I’m planning to get up to speed on working with virtual photo boards very soon. But, for starters I’m really good at brainstorming after looking at pics and getting some ideas of what your style, wants, and needs might be. So, here’s the breakdown:

Plan #1 - $50

You send me an email with pictures, showing the layout of your room from all angles, dimensions of the room, and anything else you might want to tell me about the room and your style. Let me know what you want to accomplish, or if you’re totally stuck, I will give you a direction to move into after we have some conversations back and forth about your room. This would be general decorating advice, like paint colors, ideas on room arrangement, adding accessories and some general ideas on how to improve the room either using what you already have or some suggestions of things to purchase.

Click here to get started:







Plan #2 - $100

This would be an entire room consultation, from top to bottom. Again I would need pics from all angles, dimensions, and anything else you might want to tell me about the room and your style. Are you starting over with the room, or just need ideas to take it to the next level? Sometimes a fresh eye is all that is needed to look at pics and begin to figure out what is missing or perhaps what is there that should come out of the room. This would cover paint colors, furniture placement, fabrics, window treatment ideas, and accessorizing. This would cover ongoing emails or even talking on the phone to discuss ideas and plans for your room, what sort of budget you have to buy new pieces, etc. In this plan, I would also shop online for some ideas on furniture pieces, rugs, lamps, etc. as needed and present them all to you.

Click here to get started:






Plan #2 will offer a virtual collage of ideas for your room from online merchants, such as the one below:

To see other consultations I've completed with Inspiration Boards, see these links:

Familyroom Consultation
Kitchen Consultation
Contemporary Family Room
Traditional Family Room
Country Family Room

Payment can be made via Paypal or money order, whichever you prefer. Thank you so much for reading and supporting my blog and if I can assist any of you with your decorating needs, I would love that! You’ve all been so supportive of me and my business this past year and I’m excited to take it online. You have my assurance that I will consider your space to the best of my ability, to give your room a makeover and to do it on a budget.


I have answered many of your quick questions via email (regarding a project I’ve done that you want clarification on or just a ‘what do you think about this idea’, and will continue to do that with no charge on things that can be answered in a fast and easy manner!

For those of you who may be new to my blog, I have a business website, The Restyled Room, with all of the information on my decorating business here in Birmingham, including a portfolio of pictures of some of my projects. You can also click the picture to go directly to my website:

Thank you all again for your support and I look forward to working with you.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

38 friends stopped by:

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

That's a great idea Rhoda! Wish you much success with your online decorating venture! I'm having a giveaway over on my blog...come by and enter.

Blogger said...

That's fantastic, Rhoda! Best wishes on your new online business!

I will tweet about it...and I am going to add your business website to my blog, too :)

Bella

Ivy Lane said...

Rhoda, Good luck with this! I love the idea. Can we please see some photos of befores and afters from your online consults? That would be fun and good learning!

Have a Great Week!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Rhoda, did you design that room in the photograph? That is beautiful! Good luck!

Terri Steffes said...

I think this is a great idea!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Good Luck Rhonda with your online buisness you are just great with decorating...hugs and smiles Gloria

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Well the photo is beautiful and so is your work...we've all seen it her eon the blog. Beautiful. Talent.

Wendy said...

Good luck on your new venture, Rhoda!

Things That Inspire said...

I am sure you are inundated with emails asking for advice...this is what all decor blogs run by a decorator should do! Best of luck in your new business.

Bo said...

I'm wishing you great success with your online consultations Ms. Rhoda, but I hope you'll still have time left for us to post your wonderful recipes & snippets of your life! ;-) Bo

julia said...

I love your place here in blog land. I have to say I spend a lot of time reading and enjoying your blog.
Thank You,
Julia

Anonymous said...

Good luck with this new adventure, Rhoda. Sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck my friend! I know that you will do awesome with your new adventure. Its knowing I can call on you anytime, smile~

The Berry's Patch said...

Oh good! You are the perfect person for this. I can see it being very successful for you. Good luck!

Lettered Cottage said...

YOU GO GIRL! :-)

Layla
The Lettered Cottage

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a great idea Rhoda. From the pictures I've seen of your work, you should do fabulously. You do have such a wonderful eye for decorating. Good luck. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

Online design is a great venture! Too bad we don't live closer together, I think we would have so much fun hanging out and shopping together. Sure you don't want to return to GA?
~Misti

Jen said...

oooooo, I have a troublesome living room & struggle with my set up. A fresh eye would be absolutely AWESOME! however, I just paid for IUI & more fabric today so I will have to wait a little but I want to do this. (if you see my blog, you'll know what I mean about IUI. hah!)

Still loving your ideas!

savvycityfarmer said...

GO GIRL....LET US KNOW WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR FIRST MILLION OR NEED SOME STAFF..HEHE

savvycityfarmer said...

P.S. YOU BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH....DARN

I DO HAVE PEOPLE EMAIL ME ALL THE TIME THOUGH FOR PAINTING SECRETS AS SEEN AT
http://stuffintheburbs.blogspot.com

should've thot of maybe a little fee.

The blog of MBW said...

I bet you that your online business will be a success.You are trustworthy based on the content of your blog. Good luck and God bless...

Unknown said...

OK, I gotta figure out how to do this without Paypal (I am NOT a fan of theirs).

Anyways, I have this huge, odd shaped room and need advice, so I have to send ya an email soon.

Pretty Organizer said...

Thank heaven you don't have to get anything lead tested to sell your wares! Good luck Rhoda! I LOVE your blog and just wish I had the funds to teleport you to my kitchen where I sit nightly an muse over my paint wheel... I'm the daughter of a commercial painter and have seen too many colors work out great. I want to try EVERYTHING! Good to know you're available if I get in a rut!

DESIGN BY CATHLEEN said...

Getting to blog and make money! Wishing you all the success your deserve...

xoxo,
Cathleen

Unknown said...

Wish all the best with this Rhoda. You do a great job and I know you will be sucessful!

Kris said...

Wishing you lot's of luck with your online consultations. I know it will be a huge success.

Kris

Justabeachkat said...

Good luck Rhoda! Hope you don't stay too busy to have time to blog. Wishing you the best....

Hugs!
Kat

Maureen said...

What a great idea. I wish you tons of luck. I know you have inspired me, so I can only imagine how many folks will be excited to have your personal attention.

Blondie's Journal said...

Hi Rhoda. I think you have a great idea and I know I would love to have someone to help me with certain rooms as I always reach a point where I get stumped. Your prices are very reasonable also. You just might be hearing from me in the near future!!
Also, just read your post on Shopping with Eddie. He is a doll! Hot, hot, hot!! You look quite pretty in the pics also :-D

xoxo
Janie

Mary said...

Rhoda, This is a great idea! I'll be taking pics of my LR for you to help me! I'll be in touch...Mary

Monica said...

Great idea, Rhoda! Good luck with it!
And thanks a lot for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment (Note: I have just added the correct link, sorry!).
Have a great day,
Monica.

Anonymous said...

Rhoda,

Good luck, I hope you will still have time for your blog :)

All the best,
Kathy :)

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Good luck with this! I think you'll get a lot of business. I'm taking you up on this when I'm ready to start re-decorating:-)

3CHEERS4MOM said...

Hi Rhoda,
Congrats on your new online adventure, this is a great idea.
-Cheers, Amy

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Hi Rhoda,
Thank you for the blog advice and for entering my giveaway!
Take Care!
Darlene

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I think this is a fabulous idea, Rhoda. You're so talented. You'll be able to help a lot of people this way! :-)

Hopsy said...

What a great idea for someone so talented! This will do wonders for many and when I buy my condo I will be back for help!

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

Congrats on the new service. I think it's a perfect match... as I adore your ideas! I hope you post some of them on here to share with all of us.
Katie